South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend!

the Merry Month of May! We seem to have slid into full summer here with temps well into the eighties. Good thing the AC got fixed because I'll probably need it.

I'm off to the Church in a bit to take over yet another mess of plants. They wilted after transplanting yesterday but are fine today. Anybody want 36 pots of Rudbeckia tri-loba? I sure hope everything sells although any leftovers will be passed on to a plant sale next weekend a few villages over. Right now it looks like we are in for a rainy morning so I'll be out in the rain selling. Good thing gardeners are tough!

Two cousins want to take me to lunch after the sale and catch up on family stuff. They are from Toronto and coming this weekend to open up one of the cottages for the summer. We'll probably eat at the local diner and then I hope to wave bye to them and have a nap. I'm dragging a bit these days from being overbooked.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my coffee and looking forward to the rest of our long weekend - it's Victoria Day on Monday. I guess I'd better buy a two-four because the Pypers are coming on Sunday.

Have a great weekend whatever you do.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! It sounds like you have a fun filled weekend. I really do hope you get that nap today! I'd love Rudbeckias, btw....wish I were closer.

I did manage to get some planting in yesterday inbetween run arounds. Today, I'm theoretically free until 1pm. A Vet hospital is having a grand opening and the memorial for my friend is at 3. I may just rest up since tomorrow will be a long one.

Last night it was so warm, the air just wafted of lilacs. They are in there finest right now, and there are lots and lots of them. Maybe I'll take the pups for a walk in the dark...since everyone should be sleeping in but me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

I'll take 5 of the rudbeckia, Ruth. I do have some in my side garden, but they'd look nice along the fence at the bottom of the yard, too. Since you have Monday free, you can deliver to them then. Hope your sale is successful at finding new homes for all the plants!

It's just going to be a puttering day here. Jake wants to get the lawn mowed and I want to get the garden hoed. Hey, that rhymes!
First, though, is breakfast and groceries.

Hi, there, Debbie! I love lilacs and ours were spectacular this year.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-22-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cottage, puttering sounds wonderful. haha on the rhyme! Have a great day!

I had really been trying to get the lawn mowed but it's been so rainy. Yesterday I finally sqeezed the time in...Bing went out w/me..the lawn is pretty small and I do it in circles. He just followed me in circles until I think he finally got a bit dizzy! When I looked later, his paws were all green from walking in the freshly cut grass.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #5  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi! I'm looking forward to a weekend of grading, bad movies, end of the year concert, and some puttering......

I slept in today until 6:30!! AND I think that cold I've had all week is finally gone.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - Mmmmmm....hope you get a nap in. Having the brown thumb I do I looked up "rudbeckia"....black eyed susans? Definately a beauty! I am definately looking foward to our long weekend here next weekend!

Cottage - did you sleep on your new countertops?

Debbie - Looooovve that lilac smell. Our neighbors have some on the fence, but they never wafted in the window . The honeysuckle have been wonderful though!!

FCMonroe - me too!! (til 6:30!!)

Me - I have a busy day at work, then who-knows-what. Probably cleaning. I'm hoping we get a family hike in this weekend, but it doesn't look like the weather wants to cooperate. I MUST plan a menu for next week!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. DH and I are babysitting two of our nephews today (8 and almost 4). I am tired just thinking about it! I am also going to spend some time online trying to come up with some motel options for DS1 and his friend for their drive back to campus. They leave tomorrow and are thinking of taking three days to get back. Ah if only that had thought this through sooner I could have done it already. Sigh. 80s expected here too!

Have a great weekend all.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I'd love some of those plants too! My perennial bed is a mess and that stupid lamium is everywhere. Enjoy your nap.

Debbie - Lilacs and daffodils are my favorite flowers. A quiet morning walk sounds lovely. I"m hoping to start those again this week.

Cottage - Your day sounds like ours - DW is on lawn mowing detail and I've got gardens to tackle

fc - sleeping in is a great way to start the weekend. Hope the grading is a breeze and you have time to relax.

Twynn - Wow, I didn't think you were allowed to sleep in maybe tomorrow's weather will clear up for you

Karen - Happy baby sitting! I'm pretty sure chasing them around counts as serious exercise

Today we are just back in the groove of home stuff. The weather here is perfect, almost too perfect and very dry. Of course we are tempted to take a day to do some birding but I'm going to stick to my guns this weekend. The gardens and yard need serious attention, we are out of beans, and there's post vacation laundry to do. Bike riding is also a high priority so that will be fun. I plan to end the day relaxing on my porch with a glass of wine
Old 05-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #9  

I'm new to this but hope all of you enjoy the things you have planned for the weekend. I so wish I lived close enough to enjoy your plant sale. I love plants but here in Southern Indiana seems the selection is limited. My family is celebrating my youngest daughters 14th birthday with lunch out at Famous Daves and the kids out to see Shrek. I hope to get some petunias planted.
All enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back from my walk-actually two. Bing and I went first and swiped some lilacs from a hedge while it was still dark. Then Rudi and I went up and back.

lookinforsz12, thanks for joining in! Have a nice weekend, especially celebrating your DD's BD.

Cyndi, glad to hear you have a nice weekend planned. See you later! I'm going to bike up to a yard sale at 8.

Twynn, I've never noticed such a heavenly scent, either...everything must just be perfect. I love honeysuckle, too.

Karen, I so do not envy you! Never having kids, I would rather do almost anything else! I'd call it spontaneous exercise!

Frances, glad to hear your cold is gone! Enjoy your weekend and as you're grading papers remember it is counting down!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #11  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you all have nice weekends planned! Unfortunately mine will be spend in front of my computer writing my English paper... but at least I finished my Chemistry paper yesterday! WOO HOO!! I can't wait until its all done, I'm starting to feel like my computer is just an appendage that I'll never break free from! lol.

I got an email from EDD (unemployment) yesterday saying that it was their error and they will be expediting my DH's check! Whew, what a stress reliever! All that stress and all those tears for nothing.

Karen, they didn't do the usual nude scene at the end. Instead they all (like 60 people) got naked SEVERAL times throughout. Within the first 2 minutes there were people completely naked. I was shocked. All I kept thinking was, are these people's parents here watching their kids performance? Awkward.

Have a great weekend everyone... I'm back to the research grind!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Whew! Just back from a whirlwind day! The sale went really well and I now have a manageable number of plants left. They will be passed on to another sale on Monday or Tuesday for someone else to nurture until next weekend.

My cousins and I did do lunch and a lot of digging around in family history. Suddenly I'm the matriarch of the family and they keep digging out information from me. Sort of fun!

Right now I am going to turn on the AC, take a shower and change into my patio dress and sandals and sit on the front porch with the doggage, my book and a cold drink. BBQ steak, salad and roasted asparagus and early bed are on the agenda.

I hope your weekend is as good as the rest of mine will be.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

A whirlwind day here, too, in more ways than one. We're in the middle of a large duststorm which we are all really hoping passes before the pooch parade tomorrow. I'm ready for an early night, too. I wish I could join you, Ruth, your dinner sounds fabulous!

Kelly, sorry you're spending the weekend studying but at least school will be over soon. Sooo glad hubbys EDD will be coming soon.

I'd better find something for dinner myself!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Early bed didn't happen and I woke at 3:30. Oh well! It's going to be another warm and sunny day. I may get a bit of my own garden stuff done but also plan deck time with book and iced green tea. I hope your day is just as relaxing.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #15  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

You and me both Ruth! I felt like I woke up every hour last night. At 5, I finally just gave up and got up. I think it was the diet coke I drank last night. I'd been cutting those out lately, but the only other thing to drink at the concert dinner was sweet tea, and I was thirsty! Next time, I'll bring my own drink.

It's good to be up early, though. I'm planning on a walk as soon as it is light enough out. I went for a walk yesterday, but I waited until 9:15, and it was really hot out by then.
Closed Thread