Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default slimfast

has anyone had good results from slimfast? and if so how did you use it twice a day??
Old 02-06-2003, 07:43 PM   #2  

I like Boost better than SlimFast. It tastes much better altho' there aren't as many flavors to pick from.

I use Boost only when I'm in a hurry and I have to have something.....but I don't use it regularly.

Maybe someone else here can be of more help in that area.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:20 AM   #3  

My results came from Slimfast and exercise. I buy the already made cans and make sure they are super cold when I drink them. I have one after my workout in the morning and sometimes I have one at lunch, or I switch off and at lunch have a regular low cal meal. I am hooked on the Rich Chocolate Royale flavor. I have tried a few others, but this is my favorite. My kids even have a can from time to time. Loaded with vitamins and protein. Also if you write to slimfast.com they will send you coupons and free samples in the mail. I get coupons all the time from them. When I run low, I send them a quick email and have the coupons in about 3 days. They have sent me tons of coupons. There is also a slimfast forum you can get buddies on there and read about success stories, etc. They have sent me samples of all their bars and I like the mixed berry one very much. A bit pricy, but with the coupons, makes them about 25 cents a bar. Like I said, they love sending the coupons and will send you tons of them. Iowasweet
Old 03-03-2003, 01:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Angry

I absolutely slim-fast. I started using it 1/26/03 and have lost 10 lbs so far. I have been drinking the shakes for breakfast and lunch. In the mornings I'll get the chocolate powder kind and mix that with milk and ice cubes in the blender. Oh yummie...tastes just like a chocolate shake. My husband likes the french vanilla. For lunch I'll drink one of the ready made shakes....creamy milk chocolate or chocolate royale. And for supper I'll have a sensible meal. Sometimes we go to subway and I'll eat a 6" subway with turkey, ham and lettuce...that's only about 300 calories.

But if one of my friends calls and wants to go out for lunch...I'll go. I'll just drink a shake that night. I love the results on the scale. And I'm hoping to reach my goal weight by this summer.....either June or July.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 AM   #5  
47 pounds gone!!

Very cool, congrats on loosing the 10 pounds Ms24Gal ..

I slimfast as well.. I drink a shake when I first get up in the morning (which is about 7:30am). Strawberries and Creme is my favorite. Then I'll drink about 2 cups of coffee and at 12:00pm I'll have another shake. If I'm hungry in between lunch and supper, I'll eat a fat free yogurt or a slim fast bar. Then I walk at least 2 miles to go pick up my son from school. Then for dinner I have Weight watchers frozen dinner or something low in fat. Then I start all over the next day! So far I've lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks.. maybe more because I haven't weighed myself in a few days. I refuse to until weigh in! I'm hoping for some good results
Old 03-07-2003, 05:21 PM   #6  
Body-for-Lifer

I just started taking Slim-Fast 2 days ago, and I already feel better! It doesn't taste bad either, I think I finally found something that I can stick to!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:14 PM   #7  
47 pounds gone!!

I tell ya, I have so much energy!! I love the way I feel after a good walk. I love Slimfast and I will stick to it until I reach my goal weight! Even then, I will probably still drink it

I see you're a member of X-Box. Have you gotten on X-box live yet? Hubby wants to do that so bad! Is it worth the money?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #8  

Slimfast might work for some people, but my feelings is that it's nothing but SUGAR! Not healthy in the long run or to live on it. But, everyone has their own opinons I'm sure. I have lost 25 pounds just by eating more fruits and veggies and keeping my fat intake under 30 grams.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:07 AM   #9  
Coop class of '82

This is great to see you all having success with Slim-Fast! Would anyone be interested in a SF thread in the General Diet Plans area? I think we need a place to report in weekly and I would like to post a Tip of the Day (from the web site) too.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:05 PM   #10  

Angry Slim Fast

Hi guys!

This is great having a thread on Slim Fast and I will go to Kimmy's link too.

About me...have battled those 20-30 lbs. for years. I've done it all...Weight Watchers, carb blockers, diet pills, etc. Last November, started low-carb which I thought I would do forever. Tried to stay around 40-50 carbs daily but then found out going lower would drop weight faster. Felt great but still would binge every week or so (at night and good for 2 lbs.!!). Have been struggling with 8-10 lbs for some time now and felt I needed something different.

Found the Slim Fast website and was impressed. I liked how I could enter all of my meals and find out the nutritional value, calories, etc. The only thing I missed was message boards and connecting with others. I still read E-diets and Atkins but now I am not on the same plan.

This change has been a big one....going from low-carb to counting calories is like cheating!! I have to be honest...I don't ever want to eat another egg for breakfast again. I ate 2 eggs every morning for 9 months...a couple of months ago I just got so sick of them!! Also, I don't even miss the beef and have thought about cheese and pepperoni but after a week or so, it was gone! I love having a baked potato for dinner and love all of the fruits (again, like cheating!) and veggies.

I have read the Slim Fast threads on this board and see that some feel it's all about sugar. I cringe when I see that I have consumed nearly 200 carbs daily as compared to 50!!

I started three weeks ago and have done relatively well. Had TTOM so I gained 2 lbs. last week. Isn't it great being a girl?? I only eat the bars in that I don't really like the shakes. I typically have an oatmeal/raisin bar for breakfast and then another for lunch. I fill in snacks of fruit, veggies and then have a sensible dinner and snack in the evening. I'm staying around 1,200 or so calories but only want to lose a few lbs. Sugar free jello is a life-saver. I love the convenience of just putting stuff in my bag in the morning and going!! My husband is shocked I am eating carbs but feel good. Did the cravings and bingeing go away...no but they never did with low-carb. On the weekends, I don't do the bars, just count calories. I haven't had cereal and fruit for months or a sandwich!!

Let's keep this thread going...I love connecting with those who are on the same plan. Tell me about you....sorry I've rambled so long. Will check back later.
Closed Thread