Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:53 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default What would you do...

Okay, some people love these threads. Others hate them.

I love them and darn it, I need some inspiration.

What would you do if you lost all the weight you wanted?
Old 02-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i want to buy some sexy lingerie, and look HOT in it. =)

david wants me to wear shirts that show my tummy, at least sometimes. (i told him that's not me!)

i want to share clothes with my friends.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:32 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I think that the most exciting thing I would look forward to doing ~ is to be able to buy any clothes I wanted ~ there would be more selections and I could finally have some pretty things.

glynne (Gayle)
Old 02-05-2003, 08:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I would sit in a hot tub with other people. I would go to a high school reunion.

And I would definitely buy some new clothes--lots of them!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:31 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I would (and I will) go back to the town I grew up in until I was 17 and say "Ha! look at me now!" (I was teased horribly growing up because I was overweight)
Old 02-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #6  
Searching

I never believe in putting off till tommorow. My weight doesn't hinder me only I do and my perception of it. I want to be healthier, I love how I feel when I move. Losing weight is looking like what I already believe I look like in my head ;-)

Goddess Jessica- strong personality, states her opinion very wonderful already

Gonzo or Holly- David loves you! Losing weight is just a bonus he would take you in that lingerie now I am sure!

Gale and Shelia-New clothes are wonderful! I am looking forward into fitting into some of my old ones. GEE I MISS THAT ANNE TAYLOR RED Dress. But for today I insist we are beautiful in our skin.

Raelynn-Your beautiful girl and if any one tells you different refer them to me I like to kick some booty from time to time ;-)

The support and friendship each of you give to strangers makes you miraculous at any size.

Don't forget it.

On her way to thinville,
Miss Chris
Old 02-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #7  
missaprylj

I would go out for a school sport and shop WITH all of my friends!!! Oh, how exciting! Peace. -Apryl

Old 02-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #8  

Generally I'm w/ rochemist, I don't put things off ... but sometimes things have to be put off ... when I lose enough, I WILL take my kids on the Dutch Shoes ride at Storyland in New Hampshire. The park 'map' says it has a max weight limit and I wouldn't risk the embarassment of getting in line and being turned away ... (they've ridden it w/ a cousin, but not w/ me!!)

Clothes would be nice, but not a driving force in my desire to lose weight this time around. In my pre-kid days ... it would have been a major 'reward'.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:52 PM   #9  

I would wear SLEEVELESS SHIRTS!

Angi
Old 02-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #10  
gbo

First of all I would get down on my kness and thank God for the strength and determination needed to reach my goal and most of all for creating the many people who have caused me to get it! Here on this board and Dr. Phil, John Bradshaws book "Healing the shame that binds you" and hug me for following through and getting the job done. Then............shopping! A new wardrobe of Anttony Mark Hankins clothes , Sully Bonnelly clothes and whatever other artistic clothes strikes my fancy(within reason). Clothes I could never wear and look the way I saw them in my minds eye. I will have my hair dyed professionally, cut and styled really kicky and stylish, get a manicure, pedicure and facial. Then my Darlins I will throw myself back into life with a furver. Involved and seen proudly EVERWHERE!!!!
Pam
Old 02-06-2003, 01:07 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Wear sleeveless shirts is up there.

Go back to the beach & build sand castles w/my little cousins.

Go back to the Dells.

But mostly, have professional pics done. I used to pose for my uncle the photographer as a kid, my aunt commented that I seemed pretty comfortable in front of the camera for 8 in the AM, but that was 100# & 15 years ago. Being so big, I *hate* having my picture taken. It'd be nice not to avoid the camera @ baby/bridal showers & parties. So that is what I will do. Get professional pics done.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM   #12  

I would wear sleeveless shirts as well!!! I have this dress that is a size or two too small right now that I just LOVE. It has spaghetti straps & I am hoping by the time that I am able to fit into it, some of the arm flab will be gone!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

This post makes me realize that I'm with Chris, and living for the now rather than the later. Because I wear sleeveless shirts all the time (when its warm enough of course.) I guess I just don't care what other people think, and I'm more upset with my stomach than my arms.

Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #14  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I would do some more tougher sports I did as a kid - skiing, lacrosse, hiking. I would shop the clearance rack daily for all those size 4 that are always on sale.

And I would pose NUDE!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #15  

Wahoo BA and Chris!!!
I feel the same way. First, I am trying to live for today, not for what may be coming tomorrow. I do try to keep the motivation there (like some clothes that are a little too small, so I can fit into them), but I try not to focus on what life would be like if I were a smaller size. And that maybe because at 5'9", I've always been taller and therefore bigger than all of my friends, so I've never done the shopping together thing.
I did used to feel really selfconscious about the arm flab, but then I moved to Arizona and relized that in order to be cool, I had to get over it or do something about it, so I started working on loosing that flab. I am still overweight, I still have arm flab, however, I do wear sleeveless shirts. I too, do not care what others think. If I am comfy, that is all that matters.
Closed Thread