Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: May 17- May 23

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi everyone;

We're back from our trip and I'm headed for a nap!

Go back to last night and read Nancy's post. You're just great Nancy. No doubt your kids are too.

Rhonda
Old 05-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #3  
beachbum

BROUGHT MY MORNING POST OVER TO THE NEW CHAT.

Good Morning Ladies

Have to go to the bank this morning and get my CD renewed as it matured on Sat. I think I'm going for a 6 mo-1yr,as I don't know if I will need the money.

W-I this morning I'm up .5 from last week.Hoping for a whoosh next week.

Nothing new, going to get ready to do my walking before I head to the bank

SANDRA=That was me under the sleeping pills that made me twist my words around

NANCY=What a wonderful post I cried when reading it. Time does go fast and you must cherish every minute. I'm sure you did a great job bringing them up as a single parent & your boys will appreciate all the hard work you done for them. Believe me, it will come back to you with your grandchildren as the years go on.

Have nice day
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Are you rested and ready to hit the floor running in the morning?

Nancy, what a beautiful, heartfelt message. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You're a remarkable woman. Your boys will be wonderful adults because of you.

Maryann, I took sleeping pills last night, too. I slept till after 9:30 this AM.

Vickie, I'm making my own version of SF shakes. I put a can of SF vanilla or strawberry shake in the blender along with granular Splenda and some frozen fruit. Amazing! My favorite so far was made with frozen Mandarin oranges. Curtis said it tasted like an Orange Julius only better.

I'm op!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Today is our election day and we're voting for 2 selectmen and on two budget votes,one for the high school and the others for Capital funds. The last two I'm not voting for don't want to pay another tax.

Nothing new,After I vote I'm going down to the beach and get my walking done before the rain comes in.

SANDRA-Don't like to take sleeping pills if I don't have to,I think I still feel the effects of the pill even today 3 day after taking them.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm sorry. I'm on the fly.....again. It seems that is my life for a while with a puppy. He is meeting the dog walkers this morning so I have to run and get ready, then a million errands. Tomorrow should be quiet.

Nancy, you are an awesome Mom!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #7  

Nancy, what a beautiful message you shared! It's nice to see parenting from "the other end" as I sit here with my little guy cuddled up against my chest. He may be our last baby, and so I'm just a little less eager for him to grow up than I was with my older children.

I am not eating perfectly, I am not really exercising, but all things have their season, is my motto. I am keeping myself rested and calm and taking good care of my baby and my girls.

And with that, I'm off to take a nap!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #8  

You're doing exactly the right thing, Angela.

So, last night I ordered Nutrisystem for myself and today DH asked me to help him order it on-line. My order has been shipped, so we will see. I gained 4 pounds over the last two weeks. But I don't consider it permanent but just a blip given that I have been loosening my control, traveling and not exercising quite as much. That will all change.

I've been taking stained glass classes and I love them. I also had another massage and my right arm is improving greatly.

Rhonda
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/204/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone,

just wanted to say what a wonderful website this is. I have been lurking around for the last week reading posts and recipes. I have been following the 'old' core plan for the last 4 months (not attending WW class just doing it from home).

It has been an inspiration reading your success stories on here, I'm hoping to achieve the same lifestyle changes over time.

Nee Naw
Nee Naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Nee Naw. I hope to get to know you better. Please hop in and join us as much and as often as you can.

Rhonda, I wish you and Doyle the best of success on NS. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. I also look forward to seeing your stained glass work. Have you gotten your bird feeder up yet?

Vickie, you sound extremely happy. Makes me smile.

Angela, Rhonda's right. You're doing the right thing.

Maryann, Tylenol PM sometimes leaves me groggy. I don't take it often, but when I do, I try to take it early in the evening. That helps.

I'm op!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #11  

Nee Naw!

We're a great group of women, encouraging one another to do whatever is necessary to reach the goals we want to reach. Jump in.

Sandra, we haven't hung the feeder yet, but will do so tomorrow. I've got to find a spot that is safe from those wily squirrels. We will likely buy another pole with a guard on it and hang the feeder you gave me and another one.

DH put in his NS order tonight, grumbling the whole time. But, I think he'll do it.

Vickie, yes, please, when you have a moment PM me Jim's favorites.

Rhonda
Old 05-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its RAINING and I'm not heading out today,as we expecting down pour on & off today. Going to work on my dresser draws and get some of my summer clothes up stair and my heavy winter sweater down to the basement.Hate doing that as I'm so afraid to fall down the stairs carrying those bins contently.I'm also going to bake some Mocked Danish Pastry from my Atkins Cookbook, this afternoon. and than REST and take it easy on this rainy day.

VICKIE-Seems like that puppy of yours is a handful. Hope he settles down soon.

ANGELA-I agree with the ladies,your children come first before anything,but you must take care of yourself.Try to eating in portions[small plate]several times a day might do the trick.

RHONDA-I was thinking about NS or JC but I still love to cook and I found ooodles of new L/C recipes on the net to keep me busy for years. Wishing you & your DH great success on the NS.

NEENAW-Welcome to our thread you'll like it here.We not all on the Core but we support each other on all sort of plans.We have a nice thread on this board fro all sorts of CORE recipes,to get you started.

SANDRA-Thanks for the information,going to looking to this. Don't want to get hooked on sleeping pills like one of my new friends did,she can't stop taking them.

Have a great morning

Last edited by beach bum; 05-19-2010 at 10:09 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #13  

Maryann, I love to cook also, and I'm doing NS for a while just to support DH. If he doesn't need my support, then I'll go off. But, if my being on it helps him, I'm sure I can persevere for a few months.

Rhonda
Old 05-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #14  

Last night I ran down to the grocery store to grab some pet food and I slipped and fell on a big puddle of spilled milk. I think the milk was the same color as the floor and was hard to see.

All I remember is waking up with people around me. The took me to the ER and ran scans and xrays and nothing is broken , just badly bruised.
My sweet darling hubby was by my side for 5 hours in the ER even though his knees were killing him because he missed his pain med dose.

I am pretty sore today and they have me on vicodin & valium for pain and muscle relaxers.

Funny thing is that I had to wear the hospital gown home because my clothes were soaked with Milk..

I am just sleeping and resting today, but I wish I could shop because my sons 18th Bday is tomorrow.

Welcome nee naw

If this post does not make sense ..its the meds ...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we do wind up feeding squirrels with that type feeder. They don't seem to use the ones in the back like they do the one in the front. Don't know why. Tell Doyle I'm proud of him. That's a big step.

Maryann, let us know how your Atkins pastry comes out. That sounds interesting. I read somewhere that folks should take sleeping pills 2 or 3 nights to get their bodies used to sleeping through the night then discontinue them. I haven't tried that. I just take a tablet occasionally (actually rarely).

Nancy, thank goodness you didn't break any bones. Robin is a keeper. (I already knew that.) How sweet of him to stay by you while he was suffering, too.

We just got home from town. We had a low cal lunch. I had SF for breakfast and will do likewise for dinner. So? I'm op!!!

Vickie, I guess you're doing some Brodie things. That little fellow has brought a lot of joy into your home. Makes me smile.

Nee Naw, how is your day going?

Last edited by ontarget; 05-19-2010 at 01:36 PM.