General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #1  

Default healthy date night ideas?

So my BF and I have decided that this week we are each responsible for coming up with a "date night." The twist on this being that it has to be healthy. EG, his plan is we're going shoe shopping (him for workout shoes, me because, well, I love shoes...) then we're going to take a couple mile hike at sunset.

Now I need to come up with my plan. The one idea I've had is finding a healthy, low cal meal and cooking it together.

Any other ideas?
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Bowling is super cheap and a fun work out! Before or after your dinner maybe?
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #3  
Operator265

Dancing after a well thought out dinner. I used to be really tight when my nights out were spent on the dance floor.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer08 View Post
So my BF and I have decided that this week we are each responsible for coming up with a "date night." The twist on this being that it has to be healthy. EG, his plan is we're going shoe shopping (him for workout shoes, me because, well, I love shoes...) then we're going to take a couple mile hike at sunset.

Now I need to come up with my plan. The one idea I've had is finding a healthy, low cal meal and cooking it together.

Any other ideas?
Taking a bike ride with each other...um...my hubby and I go to the movies, and I'll sneak in airpopped popcorn with a no cal butter spray and flavoring. If we have a sweet tooth, we'll buy one small pack of candy at the store and share it.
Make dinner and serve it with candle light and soft music playing. Go out dancing.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #5  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

My boyfriend is going to take me to an archery range. Or maybe start a dancing class or something.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #6  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Roller skating!!! I love to roller skate and it burns calories Slow skating with your guy while the lights are down....awesome.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Visit a farmer's market?

Start a small veggie garden?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

My boyfriend and I only see each other on weekends but usually it involves a lot of walking. We walked 8.1 miles on Saturday - from my house to the seafront and then along the promenade to the next pier and back, and then back to my house! It wasn't the nicest of days but it's a great way to explore the area around you and chat and etc. There was a powerboat race on as well so that was pretty cool to watch for a bit.

Next weekend we are going to a monkey sanctuary. It is a huge park (like a zoo but with only monkeys) with mostly outdoor attractions. Could you go to the zoo or something one day or evening and wander around checking out the animals? I know not everyone likes zoos so it may not be for you but we're quite looking forward to seeing the monkeys next week! They've all been rescued and brought back to health rather than being plucked from the wild.

My boyfriend's not into it, but I have horses at home and love horseback riding so when he came home with me for Christmas we went riding. Sadly my stepsister's horse can't be ridden anymore so we just took turns on my horse but he'd never been on one before so he got to try something new and I got to share my passion with him and teach him how to ride. Are there places near you that would offer one-hour rides in the late afternoon or even a nice twilight ride for you both?

Most of our weekends involve walking somewhere and you've already decided to go hiking so that's about the end of my suggestions. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread though, as I'm sure you'll get plenty of others!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sometimes when my wife and I do date night we do what we call "Friday Night Splits" where we share a salad and a small pizza usually, this is the most common one but it varies, and on many of those nights we go over to Barnes and Noble and spend an hour or so checking mags and books out....looking in cookbooks for new ideas.

We started doing this years ago when we first met and were tight on cash....still do it 16 years later....

good ideas from everyone already
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #10  

Fabulous ideas!! Thanks so much!
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote