Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/149/125

Height: 5''3

Unhappy Oh where oh where has my motivation gone? New here.

I was doing really well when I was a senior in highschool to lose weight and get down to what the doctors consider a healthy weight. I went from a 13 my freshman year to a 5 my senior year in highschool- and was so close to a 3. I'm short with a large chest, so any extra weight suddenly makes me look much larger. And that has happened.

All my skinny jeans laugh at me, and to get revenge I crumpled them up in the floor of my closet. Most of my pants no longer fit, and my BMI has skyrocketed. What happened? I work out, and I walk everywhere... so what happened? I moved in with my boyfriend. We eat everything.

Because of school and distance, I have lost contact with friends. So now not only am I eating more (and more junk now), but I don't have the motivation to get out there and give it my all like I used to.

In two years I have seen my weight slowly go from 130, to a painful 155 on a 5''3 body. I can still get into my size 6's... but the squeeze is there now. I want to get back to 130, and even maybe go a little further and get to that 125 mark. I want to look good in my size 5's again, and get my legs back to shorts approved. But most importantly, I want to be happy again. This has taken a toll on me, and my love life- I need to get my motivation back.

Not only this- but next Spring my boyfriend, his father and myself are running a marathon kind of in celebration of him getting his health back. Two months later we are heading on a family trip to Florida then to Italy.. I want to look my best and be my best for all of this.

So I guess what I'm getting to- is I need that push. That person to be encouraging me along and asking how I'm doing. The people I talk to tell me not to worry, that the weight is fine... and yes, I guess it is.. but I'm not happy with my body anymore and I need someone that will understand that I'm not happy and give me the push, and I will give the push back.

Last edited by SunBear22; 05-16-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added info.
SunBear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

For some inspiration, why not check out the Success Stories section? It's brilliant

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #3  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi SunBear. Good luck with kicking off your new healthy lifestyle. You'll feel so much better once you get going.

A marathon will certainly be a huge goal to aim for - make sure you make some mini-goals along the way too.

What plans to change your eating do you have?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #4  
Loving life...loving me

S/C/G: 234/226/150!

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! Welcome aboard and I hope we can find online all that support we need it all starts somewhere and I'm glad you made it here!
wowzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 149/149/125

Height: 5''3

Thanks for the welcome guys. =) I actually have small goals each month- which come in the form of increasing my running mileage. This month I want 1-2 miles to end up being a breeze, then next month it will increase a little. Sticking to my new eating habits will be a big goal- too.

So far I'm hoping to just start following the food pyramid better and cut out unhealthy things. I realized that I feed my cats better than I do myself. So today my boyfriend and I talked about doing the following:

1. Dinner will be 50% fruits/veggies, 25% carbs and 25% protein with either a shared no caffenine soda, juice or water depending on what the meal is. Also, we are leaving the living room to a food free zone and keeping our food in the dining room so we can focus on each other and food. We also plan on cutting down on our after-dinner sweets by switching to frozen yogurt and fruit popsicles. I posted another thread on here asking for advice to what kinds of dinners I can make that aren't too time consuming or expensive.
2. Breakfast is now not just really sugary cereal. We have moved over to two and a half eggs each and a slice of wheat bread with a juice. It's shocking how much longer I stay full.
3. Lunch is the problem area. On Mondays I go out with a friend and we pick a place to eat. Not only is this making me pack on the pounds, but it's hurting my wallet. I'm trying to plan out better what and where we will eat so it doesn't end up a last minute, lets have pizza type thing.

I'm certainly up for advice on this, because this will be a tough process.
SunBear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #6  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

great that you and your boyfriend are both making the changes together.

The plan sounds good. I think you should do what you say for a bit and see how you go as it's plenty of changes already for starters.

Just be prepared to get hungrier as you ramp up the running!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #7  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Sounds like you're on to it!
Well done on making such great changes!
Good luck! x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote