Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Feb. 3

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!
Old 02-03-2003, 03:22 PM   #2  

Hey Janet,

Sorry I haven't emailed in a while. My daughter is having surgery tomorrow and I have been worried about her. She is two and having her adnoids removed. I am still OP I have lost a total of 22 pounds in 13 weeks. I still have a long way to go, but I am not giving up. I am still lurking and reading.

Have a good day

Tonya
244/220.2/150
Old 02-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #3  
Inchworm

Tonya, I'm so sorry that your dear daughter has to have surgery at such a tender age. I know how worried you must be.
She and you will be in my prayers and thoughts, let us know how she does. Sending her balloons of happiness:
I remember when I was Sunday School supt., the 5 yr old son of a friend of mine had his tonsils and adenoids out, so I paid a call and took some 'quiet things ' for him to do. When I arrived, he was playing Superman, running around with his cape flying in the breeze. But enjoying the ice cream and jello that were the benefits of the surgery. I hope that your precious little one will do as well!

We had good weather for our last trip, fog every day that I was there, and sunshine yesterday for the trip home! PTL!
Old 02-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #4  

Tonya, I hope all went well yesterday with your daughter's surgery. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but have been in Austin at a conference. I am SO impressed with your loss, wow, 22 pounds!! You rock, girl! I'll bet you are already feeling more energy, even with all the added stress of your daughter's surgery. Hang in there! Sending good vibes and <<<hugs>>> your way!

Hi JOYce! I'm glad you didn't have to drive through the fog coming home; I just hate that. That is such a funny story about your friend's son! It's amazing how resilient children are, isn't it?

Bandit, 6.2 pounds lost, way to go!! You are doing great!

This has already been a busy week here, and about to get even more hectic. I drove to Austin yesterday (about 2 hrs each way, much more in rush hour) and gave a short presentation at a teacher tech. conference. Have to go back tomorrow afternoon and give a half day workshop Friday. So I'm busy getting handouts together, clothes, lesson plans for the sub, etc. Thank heavens for my sweet DH, who keeps things together on the home front in times like this! He had a lovely OP dinner ready for me (and Dad) last night when I finally got back home, and he'd run several loads of laundry too.

Am trying to stay OP, but haven't gotten my walks in the last couple of days. Maybe if I get stuff packed today, I can walk this evening and tomorrow morning, or maybe take the riverside trail in Austin tomorrow evening.

Gotta run! Hope everyone has a great day! Tonya, be sure to let us know how your daughter is doing, when you get the chance!

Regards,
Jan

Last edited by JanetMae; 02-05-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:26 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies!!
Tonya - Hope all went well with your daughter's surgery. Congrads on the 22 pounds gone!!

Bandit - congrads on the 6.2 loss!!

Ok my weigh in on Monday was week 4 so in a month 6.2 gone for me!!! Yea!!! I am starting to see it in my clothes a little. Just gotta get my rump on that treadmill.

Janet Mae hope your conference goes well!

I'm off to Rome, GA today for a career conference at Berry College, my alma mata. This will be fun, have not been back in many years! So will be heading out in a bit it's a 2+ hr drive.
It's nasty weather here today rainy and cold. So may take me longer to get there. Anyway, I'm pleased with my WL so far I'd like to see it go faster but as long as it's steady I'll take it!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #7  

Angry HI!

Hi everyone. I am new here but feel right at home. I have started a journal and that is the greatest thing I have ever come across! I love it! Anyway, I am 33 with two kids. I went back to school almost 2 years ago to finish my degree. I am an equine science major and hope to go to vet school when I am done. So my life is very crazy right now. I love this site. It is the best one I have found so far. I am on WW and have lost 4.2 lbs in two weeks. My weigh in is on saturdays, so I will have an update in two more days. I hope it is a good one!

My goal is to lose about 45 lbs by the end of august so I can take the required riding classes for school and not break the horse's back in the process.

Anyway, thats me! Nice to meet everyone.

Julie
Old 02-08-2003, 10:28 AM   #8  

Welcome Julie! (Sorry to be so long welcoming you, but have been out of town.) Kudos to you on already losing over four pounds! Sounds like you are off to a great start; I just know you'll reach your goal. That is so cool that you are studying equine science! I used to ride a lot when I was in hs and college; I had a beautiful Appaloosa horse, Joe, who lived a long and cantankerous life on my Dad's ranch. He and my sister's pony, Tucker, were always looking for mischief! After I had gained a lot of weight in my 20's and 30's, I had to stop riding. Then when I was near goal two years back, I rode again for the first time in decades, on a beach in California. What a great feeling that was! I know you'll have a similar experience this coming August! Have fun at your meeting today!

Nascar Girl, 6.2 pounds gone forever! You go, girl! Hope you're enjoying your meeting today. DH and I couldn't go today; we're sitting here in the HS cafeteria right now, listening to an all-day lecture on state regulations, required inservice, even though it doesn't pertain to my classes. Needless to say, I was thrilled to find the old airport (wireless network) stations I installed when I was tech. director are still working, and I can be on the 'net here. I am pretending to take notes. Right.

Hiya Bandit! Hope you are enjoying your weekend too!

Tonya, hope your daughter is recovering well from her surgery!

The tech conference in Austin was just great! I had such a wonderful group of teachers/tech directors in my workshop audience yesterday. Everything actually went as planned, and they seemed to enjoy it. I hated to see it end! Teaching in a small school like I do, I don't get to talk shop much because no one else teaches similar "stuff". Conferences like this, though a lot of work (because I usually present or teach at them) are so inspiring. I love to hear what others are doing with their classes. And because our courses (web mastering, multimedia, video production) are so new, we're all scrambling to come up with projects and activities that will motivate our students; there are no textbooks or curriculum guides yet. Sorry to ramble ... guess I'm still on a high after the conference.

I was pretty good on program in Austin. Had a microwave in my room, so I bought Healthy Choice meals and fruit, and got in lots of walking just getting around. This morning, I weighed under my lifetime limit, so I'm at least maintaining. Guess I'll do my February weigh in next Saturday!

Guess I'd better get back to work. Will get my lesson plans done for next week, while this endless lecture goes on. Thank heavens for laptops!

Hi to everyone; hope to hear from you soon!
Regards,
Jan
Old 02-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #9  

Hi everyone! Welcome Julie!! I myself graduated with my animal science degree. Congrads on your going back to finish your degree and on the WL you go girl!!

Jan - thanks for the encouragement. I am starting to notice my clothes feel looser. So that is a plus!

Well went back to my college last Thursday for the career fair, it poured rain the entire day, but I was able to go around and see the new dairy facility which has uptown state of the art equipment now although I wouldn't trade my days of milking 100 cows 2x's a day for nothing. It was a experience I will always remember! Saw a few of the folks that was there when I was in school. That was pretty neat to go back and see how things have changed in 16 yrs.

Anyway so far this week feel like I have done fairly well. tomorrow is weigh in so we will see. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #10  

Hi Nascar girl! Clothes feeling looser, yes, what a lovely feeling! Glad to hear you have had a good week; have fun at your meeting tomorrow! The career fair sounded like fun. I am so impressed that you milked 100 cows!! My DH used to do that, when he helped his cousin on their dairy many years ago.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had fun. Had a dinner party last night (did ok program wise; salad, lean pork, green beans, baked potatoes). Made some chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert, and they were a big hit. Today we drove to visit my great-aunt on her 99th birthday. She was so excited to see us, and even though she's having a few memory problems, she knew who we were.

Will start the new thread tomorrow morning, unless someone else logs in first and would like to get it going. Have a great week!

Regards,
Jan
Closed Thread