South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

I don't actually feel feisty but maybe the subject line will energize me It's been a long weird week and I'm very happy that today is Friday. Looks like a mellow day with a long lunch meeting with someone I like and then office planning and paperwork time. DW is off to a great birding destination for the day but I couldn't get the day off (well I could have if I'd known the other meeting I had would bag out but that's another cranky story) and is leaving early so I might go in early and start my weekend early. Seems like a very good idea.

For right now I'm going to enjoy the full amount of coffee and catch up on things in the world of Chicks. Stop in and chat before you head out for your day.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Cyndi!

I'm feeling like a Feisty Friday, as the countertop people were supposed to call last night and let me know what time they'd be here today, but I haven't heard from them. I hope they don't think I'm hanging all day, waiting for them. Grrrrr! I guess the best thing for me to do is wait until at least 9, and if I don't hear from them by then, I'll call and see what's going on.

Who else is feeling Feisty on this Friday morning?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

hmm, maybe it should be flaky Friday?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - hope the day and weekend are better than the week. Is it fair for DW to go without you?

Cottage - MAD. I'd be so upset! They better call soon!

Me - work, if I'm lucky a work-out. DH is planning on getting dirt if the rain clears . It's graduation weekend here, so I'll avoid town at all costs.

I woke up early and have already had coffee and accomplished a couple things, so I'm feeling a bit feisty . (mental note: need to buy blinds for windows before tomorrow)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Feisty? Not sure how I feel this morning. It's hard to "feist" when it's raining! Enjoy your day, Cyndi, once you get to the good part.

Cottage, those counter guys had better show! Can you sic Jake on them?

Twunn, sounds like your day is planned. Hope you get the blinds and get them installed. DH and I used to fight every time we had a job like that.

At 7:30 Terri and I are off to Perth (40 mins) to shop for the Village planters. We try to shop local when spending the Township money but are still bargain hunters but this place has a better deal on Wave petunias. We need 68 and 4/$5 is a much better deal than $3.75 each! We have $5000 to spend but want trees and a couple of historic plaques installed. Things have sure changed in the past ten years when I got four half barrels donated for the main street and filled them with donated plants from the greenhouse!

Donna comes to clean today so I should come home to a spiffed up house. Not sure what the afternoon will bring but it'll involve gardening if the rain lets up.

I need to look up feisty to see if I have the energy to feist today.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

No Feisty here yet!

Good morning everyone I slept way too late this AM and am going to get just a few moments of me time before the troops rise....

Cyndi, start early, off early....it's my creed. When I start by 3 I'm off by 9. Happy Friday!

Linda, I'm highly suprised when anyone in the service industry actually does something when they say they will. Good luck finding out about your countertops!

Twynn, I had to ponder your graduation comment-it finally clicked-University grad! Definitely a stay home weekend! Good for home projects!

Ruth, I hope it stops raining so you can get out in the garden. Perth...good thing you clarified, I was thinking you were trying to locate your passport and money...

Me, A** in gear soon. Bingie needs a bath for eval tomorrow and all the usual....tomatoes got planted so we're getting Kirks list checked off. The house is a bomb and unfortunately Donna is busy!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all. And a special hello to all the later chicks who I keep missing each day. I just went back to see what you said yesterday

Ruth - You sound very feisty to me!

I am seeing the orthopedic again today, hopefully for the last time. So I think I may find that feisty later!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning All

OOPS I slept late today. I have to be at work early today. I have to go to a meeting this am. LOL It is violence in the workplace, and other saftey stuff like that. It is kinda funny because day before yesterday I kicked one of the other coworkers because she didn't tel us it was her birthday and then later in the day she threw a highlighter at me as a joke. But the "safety" SOP didn't state you could throw things or hit with the posters. LOL

My daughter was in her play last night. She was a "flashy" a star in the Peter Pan story.

Hope you all have a great day.
tammie
Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm just running through, but I need help, please.

My hubby's family reunion is tomorrow. I'm supposed to bring cookies, but I'm NOT. I'm going to make a fruit salad. Do you have a SB friendly recipe for the sauce you put on it? I've seen them made of yogurt, cream cheese, mayo... Thanks for your help!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The template guy is here now. After he's finished, I'm forcing Jake to go shopping with me to get him some new pants and a few short sleeved shirts. That's what he gets for taking today off and nosing in on my "free" day.

Twynn, have fun shopping for new blinds, and I hope you avoid the crowds in town.

Ruth, it sounds like a fun morning, shopping for plants for the barrels. That's a project I'd enjoy immensely, and I'm sure the wave petunias spilling out of them are going to be gorgeous!

Debbie, I hope Bing is cooperative during his bath, and you manage to stay dry in the process!

Karen, I hope the ortho gives you a good report on your shoulder today, and it will be your last visit!

Tammie, did you make it to your meeting on time? How was the play? My GD played the part of Tinkerbell in Peter Pan several years ago, and she was just adorable.

Chelby, I don't put anything on my fruit salad, and it's just fine. I've heard of people using a bit of lemon-lime soda (Sprite) as a sauce, though. Good luck, and have fun!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #11  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all! I'm home sick, so it's not a Feisty Friday here! I've had some diet success, I'm actually doing better now that I've moved on to phase one.

Chelby, for your fruit salad I think you should stick to adding in fresh herbs (some mint would be nice) and lime juice. Maybe garnish with some coconut? That would make it fancy enough but not add anything "bad".
Old 05-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm not feeling very feisty - fried is more like it. LOL But the day is young, things will probably get better.

Twynn, I use a 32 oz container of Dannon Light and Fit yogurt on my fruit salad. I don't know if you're looking for something fancier than that, but it's quick and easy and when I take it to church dinners and school potlucks people go back for seconds.

Karen - good luck at the ortho!

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-14-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #13  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey girls! Still alive at Day 3!

You girls have it mixed up, it should be "start late, finish early" LOL

Well, yesterday was "clean" though I had an extra 1/2 serving of dairy (darned 2nd latte) and got the ingredients for the PB cup and that low carb single serve chocolate cake I used to make .. well I totally wolfed down the "cake" and it was good as I had remembered!! (Not much in it but egg, ground almonds, unsweetened cocoa but it puffs up beautifully. I even put on a little squodge of cool whip free and it was yum-o.)

Ventured on the scale today and am down 3.1 lbs. Started at 173.5 (I'm only 5'1"!!), down to 170.4. Not sure what I was expecting quite frankly but I;m always so hard on myself. Its probably all water
It would be nice to get down to 125 ultimately though even at 135 I'd be happy for now. Since I'm so short, each 10lb put me up (or down) a size. 160 gets me to my favorite jeans...I don't have much smaller in the closet as it's been 10 yrs since i've been less than 150. It went on so quick, too. A couple courses of prednisone will do that

Just sipping on my coffee, hoping to have a positive day.. my muscles are sore from those p1 toning exercises in the book. Geez they don't look like much but when you're not used to moving they are effective!
Hope you girls have a great day!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone!
Not sure that its a very feisty friday. Its rainy and cold here again.

The job I applied for this summer (camp counselor!) has apparently started notifying. No news either way yet and it has me nervous. I'm a rehire, so I would think I have priority but who knows how many previous counselors applied. If I don't get this job, I don't know what I'm going to do because there's nothing else around here. I guess babysitting, though I've never done it before. I have my fingers crossed!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #15  

Hi Ruth- I am back I had to re registar as my email address that i used to sign up is no longer valid. is there any way you could fix me up so I can come back under little chick not littlechick 1. I can't even pm you. So I had to put it here. Please help. Thanks LC
Closed Thread