South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default ugh,got off track for a week

After losing 20 pounds in a month, I had a carb which led to another carb and well you can see where this is going.. Depressing..

Need to get back into the mental part of this diet..It works..Any of you ever get off program?
Fluffymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heck ya! I have a rule: never off for more than one day. It helps me to not get to the point where I've gained and have to go back to P1. I'm working on the mental part, too.

Don't be depressed, that only leads to more unhealthy eating. Just say "oh, well", I did it, it's done and get back OP. If you feel you need to go back to P1 for a few days or a week whatever you need to do. Just wondering...did this start with the Lobster Alfredo? See if you can find what your trigger was.

Best wishes! And cheers for coming right back!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #3  

We didnt go to red lobster but rather a southern diner that started with fried pickles...Ugh...I figured it was a date, i could do what i wanted.ugh..bad thinking!
Fluffymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #4  

I stupidly let myself get off program from September of last year until last week. Talk about depressing! I had tried to hop back on several times earlier this spring without much luck. I can't say what finally made it click, but I have been on phase 1 since Saturday.

Be glad yours was a month. And welcome back to the program.
SBSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I've been on this two years, and realized today...

Unless we live in a third world country, it's always going to be difficult to stay 100% on plan. Our society is based so much on food, and celebrations, etc. etc. Never mind that food, lots of it, and really bad....is always at our fingertips.

I don't know about you, but when I've gone off plan recently (or anytime), I don't feel good. Those freakin' sugar spikes and crashes make me miserable. None-the-less, I go and do it again sometime...esp. if emotions are involved.

But, mostly...I've completely changed my eating habits, and I'm pretty proud of that. Don't be too hard on yourself if you go off plan, and keep the big picture in mind.

So, you went off plan for a bit. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and maybe go on Phase I for a few days . You KNOW you feel better on it!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've been off too. Last summer I was at my goal weight with SB and started cheating and then regaining. I was off and on for months. So I agree with SBSuz - it is only a week... get back on now. You will be so glad you did!

And from my own experience, if you can't get back on and the cravings are there, you might have to go back on PH1 for a while.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

After I posted, I looked at what I wrote and I did leave out one thing I felt was important to me; I made a decision not to eat off plan for the first 6 months. I think it really helped me by having some time OP to help me to be committed enough to get right back on plan. What I hear Fluffymama saying is that when making the decision to go out on a date and eat off plan that she wasn't prepared mentally for what happened afterward. I think there's the possibility with carb addiction, that it's actually physical, too. In reality, I think as powerful as food addictions can be it's amazing when we get back OP. I never ever intended to regain my weight when I lost it in 1989 and never ever thought I'd spend most of the next 20 years overweight....again.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-13-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ditto to Lexiss
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Fluffy - We can get back in action Together! My Daughter graduated this week, so between the Post Grad Dinner, the busy schedule, and company, it's been "Plan? What Plan?" So - we're heading out to a diner for breakfast right now and then it's time to get back on the wagon! I've got another graduation in 3 weeks!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote