South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Thoughts & Beach Happenings

Happy Thursday!

I'm sitting here with my coffee, and watching the sun come up. I think the rain is finally out of here.

I'm off to the girls' Spring Concert this morning, then going over to the farm to keep an eye on things until it's time to go back to school to pick the girls up for tennis lessons, a quick supper, and then gymnastics. It's looking to be an easy day, and I'm going to bring my book along since I'll have plenty of free time.

Tomorrow starts my weekend, and the countertop people will be coming to do a template, and next Friday my new countertops will be installed. Woohoo!

How's your Thursday shaping up?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. It's shaping up as a sunny day although we did get frost again. I guess lugging flats of plants in and out of the barn daily can be counted as exercise.

The lads come to work on the furnace and oil tank this morning and I think I'll try to stay outside as much as I can. I have a few more plants to bung in around the addition foundation and may start to dig perennials from the field for the Church sale on the 22nd. We are not having a bake sale this time which relieves the workload considerably.

If the guys are outta here mid afternoon, I may be able to make a quick trip to town for some retail therapy. If not, it'll have to be tomorrow. I need to buy plants for the many (18!) half barrels that need to be planted soon.

Hope your day is sunny and fun.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - so very exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

The Dear, Dear Dog woke me up early today barking at something. Alas, I used the time to make DH some bacon for a breakfast sandwich, so he is happy.

Just work on tap for me. It's a beautiful day out though, and I think we're finally breaking through this cold weather!!

Have a great day!

Ruth - simulpost! I'm around long enough to remember you speaking last year of your flowers and barrels. Beautiful!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-13-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Cottage! Your day sounds pleasant - especially the spring concert. I went to my niece's art show last night, it was wonderful! I rarely get to go to my sisters' kids' school events because I live so far away, so that made last night extra special.

Hello Ruth and Twynn! I am missing my doggy and my plants. Fergie is keeping me up to date over the telephone, but still it will be good to get home again to snuggle the dog on the couch and to check out my gardens myself. Ruth, I hope you'll be able to squeeze that shopping in.

I've got lots of little things to do today, meetings with the lawyer and the bank and more paperwork for life insurance but I'm nearly through the list of things that I need/want to get done before I head back to Maine on Sunday afternoon so I'm feeling good even though I've got a busy day ahead. Today is Grandparents Day at my school - I'm trying not to feel guilty about not being there. I hope things go well. It's one of my favorite days of the school year, so I feel badly about missing it but I'm smart enough to know that right now I couldn't do a good job there anyway. But I'll be anxious to hear how things go today.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-13-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: I missed Ruth and Twynn!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like a slightly warmer day here today. Yesterday was soooo chilly. It's such an odd spring!

Cottage - Enjoy your mellow day. Can't wait to see pics of the new countertops

Ruth - that definitely sounds like exercise to me!

Twynn - Maybe the dog missed you

It's a late day today and kind of complicated but not bad. I'm taking my car to the mechanic this morning so plan a nice walk while that's happening. If all goes well I'll squeeze another walk in this afternoon.

How is your Thursday shaping up?

ETA - Good morning Heidi. People keep sneaking in while I'm typing Bet your class will be very excited to have you back next week. Hope your day is productive and you and your Mom are able to enjoy some sunshine together.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-13-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday, Cottage! New counter tops are exciting! What are you getting?

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? I watched a few minutes of it -- enough to make me feel awful about myself. Sheesh! Anyway, I'm back on Ph1 today. I actually called a family meeting last night with Jeff and his parents to let them know that as long as I am cooking, we are all on Ph1! Jeff has suggested a little contest involving each of us putting money in a pot and the one who loses the biggest percentage of weight winning the pot. I don't know if winning the pot or losing my money is the bigger motivator.

Things are going well. Auston is going to graduate Kindergarten on the 26th. He's excited about going to the pool for the summer. I went back to Jazzercise, but the girl who is the instructor now has resigned. Her class will end at the end of the month. sigh... I need to find an exercise I love.

ETA: Good Morning everyone who posted with me!

Last edited by Chelby29; 05-13-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chelby, I'm getting Corian countertops. We looked at granite (too costly!) and Silestone, but I like the low maintenance of Corian, plus they were offering a good deal.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I've yet to check the weather...pretty dark yet!

Cottage, Happy Thursday to you, too! It sounds like you have this week pretty much under the belt! Busy day and Survivor tonight! on countertops!

Ruth, I can't even manage 2 barrels more less 18! Whew! At LEAST there isn't a bake sale, too, on the 22nd. Yes, count hauling plants as exercise, and have a great day!

Twynn, you are just too thoughtful this AM! Is Reesie pup getting big? I haven't seen a picture lately.

Heidi, haha Good Morning! Cottage mentioned once noticing that I was going back to bed to snuggle with Bing. lol Love Fergie, but snuggling with Penny is a necessity! Uh, geez, just read all your chores for the day...yucko..I hope you get a walk in today.

Hi, Cyndi. Yes, it's a chatty morning! I haven't even had coffee yet! Enjoy you walk x2. I've been meaning to ask about DD. You mentioned somewhere that she was in Florida.

Chelby. I did watch Oprah yesterday. A family challenge sounds really interesting, especially if your DH was onboard. It might really be an answer to some of the hard to deal with meals.

Me, I'll decide here, soon! First, I absolutely must have coffee! I got a whopper of a CSA, yesterday, so it's going to be an incredible food week. In addition to the regular stuff, I got another pound of basil and a bunch of green beans that froze out....Pool, as always, but it's rainy so a bike ride is out.

Have a great day everyone! Kelly and KatehSparrow
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. My brain is just not working well today - thunderstorms all night and I got little sleep. Spring in Kansas. Honestly I am so blurry that I can't think of a thing about today. Hmmm. Glad that the thread title at least reminds me what day it is! I had better go check my calendar now.

Chelby - I watched. I thought it was interesting, but not sure I agree with a lot of it. They certainly make weight issues into something much bigger than just overeating.

Have a good one all.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Karen, We had our first thunderstorm yesterday afternoon but it quieted down later. Maybe you can sneak in a nap today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Chelby - I watched. I thought it was interesting, but not sure I agree with a lot of it. They certainly make weight issues into something much bigger than just overeating.
Have a good one all.
For me, it is something bigger than just overeating. How?? I'm not totally sure, but if it were just about overeating I would just stop. The fact that I don't lets me know it's more.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #11  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning all

Busy day here. I have to go have breakfast with one of the general's wives here on our post. I am not sure what the food will be like. I plan on eating some breakfast before I go and then hopefully there will be some fruit or something.

Ok, off to figure out what to wear. LOL

Tammie
Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #12  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi girls! I survived day 1 of P1, and although I consider it "clean" I did have an extra serving of nuts late last night. I just had to, or it would have been far worse.. lol

Such a shock for my body I'm sure as less than a week ago I was eating things like a WHOLE cherry cheesecake from DQ in a single day! I could eat a loaf of fluffy bread with butter or nutella.

Anyway I make a big pot of SBD chili but subbed 97% fat free ground turkey instead of the ground beef. So I got my beans in yesterday and my dairy. After reading some on the forum I was motivated to walk (I did day1 interval training in the book) even though it was raining.

I still don't have the sugar detox flu but am irate for no reason. Its like sugar was my valium and I get testy when I start going without it. I know things will get easier with time, though.

Today I have a massage booked in with some students so it's only $15 per half hour- I'm trying the hot stone for the first time and booked in an hour. That should help me de-stress a little. LOL

I never got around to getting that latte but I will sure get one today. Also will pick up cool whip free to try the PB Cup.

Does anyone have the SBD cookbook? would you recommend it or are most of the recipes something you wouldn't make???
Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Natalia - One down... good for you I have a few of the cookbooks and honestly I think the recipes on here are better. And you get input from people who have made them. BTW - massage envy!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello ladies,

It's Commencement week at the University where I work, so things have been busy, to say the least! Lots of fun, though.

I got my first delivery from the CSA I joined yesterday. Wow! So many great veggies and fruits! Farm fresh strawberries, bok choy, kohlrabi, mixed greens, red kale, mint...and a few more I can't remember. Plus, pork chops, ground beef, and a dozen eggs.

Last night I made chicken...which I will recount in my chicken thread that I started earlier this week, lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Heidi - strength to you honey, glad things are going okay.

Cyndi - It's a lovely day for a walk here. Has there been any updates I've missed on the DW?

Chelby - Grace (DD) graduates June 11th. When did all that happen so quickly?!? It's funny...I'm 5'3", and I have the tallest child in the class....she'll be beautiful in her cap and gown . I am a WEE bit biased though.

Lexiss- A CSA sounds so nice. I've looked into them here, they are SO expensive, it's not something I could squeeze in the budget. I am looking forward to my garden though! PS maybe a bit of the bacon was for me

Karen, Jenny, Tammie - have a great day!

Natalia - amazing for you to exercise the first day...I was too tired!! Yes, I was ultra crabby as well, I promise, if you stick with it, you'll feel SO much better. Enjoy your massage!

I have a couple hours until I have to go back to work. I guess I should mop the floors, I really don't want to. Aren't they supposed to get done once in a while?
Closed Thread