Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Question Nervous & Excited to visit family

I posted this on my blog, but I don't think I have too many readers. I knew if I posted on the forum, I might get more advice

So, I'm going home to West Virginia tomorrow and I'm nervous! I haven't been home since Mid-December and I've lost almost 20lbs. This was not a big deal when I was heavier...a 20lb loss wasn't that noticable. Heck, most people didn't notice any difference until closer to 40lbs down. But these last 20lbs have really changed my body! AND I'M NERVOUS!! I guess part of it is because I've lost so much since being home when all last year I was going home every 3months. For example, went home in September right before I joined 3FC and got OP....I was right at 202lbs. Then I went home again in December and had lost almost 12-15lbs...noticable, but it wasn't a drastic change. I got compliments and it was very motivational. But this time...something is different. I'm just scared that I'm not going to look right in my clothes or something?? Is this normal??? IDK!

On the other hand, I'M SUPER EXCITED! I get to see my one & only niece who I hear is growing like a weed and has entered the "Terrible 2's". My best friend also had a baby in November and I'll get to see him also! I get to see my mom graduate with her Bachelor of Nursing degree (she's been an RN for 28yrs now but only had an associate's and couldn't get promoted into management!). I also get to see my brother marry his baby's momma/the girl he's been in love with for over 10yrs now! It's going to be a great weekend...if I can just get over the fear of "not looking right"!!! I've been super stressed about what to wear and I'm SOOO not that type of girl!!! Am I a freak? Or is this normal???
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #2  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Well I probably can't give much advice but I wanna give you a and big congratulations on how amazing you have done!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #3  

Thanks Tonyia!!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I go through this every time I go home from college. I want to look as good as I feel, I want my family to be proud of me and I want people to know how hard I'm working.

Don't worry about it! People will notice! Plus, your family loves you at any size. Wear what you comfortable in and focus on all the fun you're going to be having!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #5  

Thanks guys! All went well...don't know why I was freakin out!