Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Angry OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!! (long, sorry, total rant!)

OMG!! I never thought one of my friends could be so insensitive!! I'm sorry ladies (and gents) but I really must vent. I was walking to my Italian class today and at uni we have these doors with buttons you can press to open them. Anyway, I pressed the button to open the door and my "friend" comes out with "you see that's why I'm so thin, I would open the door"....*stunned face*....I turned round to him and gave him the biggest glare ever and was like "excuse me?!, you mean to day that I'm fat and you're thin because I press the flipping button and you don't!?" He then made a few erring noises and actually said "well..yeh kinda, I mean you said yourself that you don't like your body" YEH KINDA?!?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously who says that?! I even gave him the chance to back pedal out of it but NO! He knows damn well I've been trying SO hard with food!! We threw him a big surprise birthday party on Monday with loads of nibbles with chips and dip and even hand-made him a huge chocolate cake..I didn't have ONE BIT and sat there with my apple and my soup!!!!!! He also knows I go to the gym 3 times a week and do classes so WTH!!!!

At the time I kinda laughed it off and acted like I'd taken it as a joke but it's really gotten to me over the day and keeps going round in my head. My other friend who was with us was totally shocked too and came to see if I was okay later which I wasn't. He knows that I don't need negativity right now and he didn't even apologise. Gah.

Anyone else need to vent? Feel free to vent on me, it's good for you

Love you chickies x
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Ugh, that was so rude, insensitive and uncalled for. I am so sorry he said those things to you. You just keep doing what you're doing and don't let jackasses get you down
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6.5

Men are dumb.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

I think that what he said was totally uncalled.

But I also ask - why did you push the button the first place? Were your arms full? Were you unable to open the door? Or were you just being lazy?

If you arms were full or you were pushing a buggy or you are physically unable to open the door then I would have explained that to him.

I am going to be totally honest here, where I see people (who are able to open a door) push a button to open a door I kinda laugh. It takes so long for the door to open that way; I would rather just open it - I guess I am always in a hurry. Especially the doors at my work, there are double doors so then they stand there, wait for one door to open - stand there and wait for another door to open.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but when I read your post I just wonder why you didn't just open the door. If there is an obvious reason I am missing; I am truly sorry.

Last edited by sotypical; 05-12-2010 at 03:06 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #5  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Ugh, I know how you feel. Yesterday I was watching the Biggest Loser with my 125 lb 6'0'' male roommate who has never been over 130 a day in his life and he busts out with "You know, I really don't understand having to count calories and watching what you eat. I just eat good stuff and I don't gain any weight." WELL WHOOP DE FRIGGEN DO. GOOD FOR YOU.

Then later, he says that they should make the selling of shirts over size XL illegal, so people won't get fat.

Last edited by aliquot; 05-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

[QUOTE=sotypical;3288514]

But I also ask - why did you push the button the first place? Were your arms full? Were you unable to open the door? Or were you just being lazy?
QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing...but still, that was kind of rude. He definitely just let that fall out of his mouth...if he'd thought about it, there's no way he would have said that.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Arrgh.

I can see it now on your goal report/pics. Q: How did you get such great arms? A: I opened 37000 doors in one day.

Last edited by tea2; 05-12-2010 at 03:17 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThicknPretty View Post
I was wondering the same thing...but still, that was kind of rude. He definitely just let that fall out of his mouth...if he'd thought about it, there's no way he would have said that.
It was incredibly rude! In no way did he have any right to say that - he should of kept his mouth shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea2 View Post
I can see it now on your goal report/pics. Q: How did you get such great arms? A: I opened 37000 doors in one day.
LMAO!!!!

Last edited by sotypical; 05-12-2010 at 03:12 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Wow, what a jerk... seriously! I would have killed him with my eyes. LOL.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #10  

lol actually it's rare for me to push the button but i did have my hands full of folders and papers which I would have had to juggle about and those particular doors, anyway, are SUPPOSED to be opened by the button, it's not a wheelchair feature. People have actually broken the mechanism of those doors by trying to force them open by hand, however he did not know this because he doesn't spend any time in the languages department (which is a new building compared to the rest of the university).
Old 05-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

That was so rude of him. One thing I'd like to ask you, though. You mentioned he said you've said you don't like your body. Do you say things like that (to or around him) often? I've found that when people point out things they don't like a lot, other people eventually begin to comment (either trying to be helpful or just plain mean). Example: my mom is overweight and she's always talking about how fat she is, how she's tired of her stomach, etc. Then if my dad makes a comment telling her she should go for a walk or maybe she shouldn't drink so much soda, she gets offended. He looks at it like he's trying to help her. Although your friend was really rude, maybe he was trying to help you (in his own way).
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

Wow, you were much kinder than I would have been.
If that guy is really supposed to be a friend, I would have a serious chat with him about making comments like that when you've clearly already made it plain that you are doing what you're supposed to alter your life. Not to mention it's none of his flipping business whether you flex your index finger for two seconds or flex your biceps for a few seconds longer.

Really? Ugh.

It shouldn't matter if there was an obvious reason or not that she pushed a button or yanked on a door handle. We are all different and so are our days. Personally, I HATE those doors and I silently pray that they'll break so I can open the door normally without having to pull with extra force so it opens faster. (Obviously there ARE people who really need to use these doors, so I usually look for a normal door first.) I've still had days wear I've pushed that button and waited though, nothing in my hands, just because my day was a little off or I felt like it.

Anyone who looks at me and laughs because they don't think I should be waiting for what, maybe half a minute extra out of my life, for a door to open can shove off.
Perhaps that just hits a tender spot with me because lately I find that people can't seem to mind their own business, particularly when it comes to the most infintisimal details of somebody elses life.

That's then end of my vent. I really wasn't expected to get so worked up.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquot View Post
"You know, I really don't understand having to count calories and watching what you eat. I just eat good stuff and I don't gain any weight." WELL WHOOP DE FRIGGEN DO. GOOD FOR YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquot View Post
Then later, he says that they should make the selling of shirts over size XL illegal, so people won't get fat.
Men are dumb!! Specially skinny ones!!

I push that button all the time and I am neither lazy nor weak!

Last edited by Ilene; 05-12-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #14  

@ pink sparkle, I have mentioned it but I never go on about it to him because I am conscious of that exact thing. But obviously he asked why I wasn't having cake etc or eating biscuits when offered and I just said I was trying to get back in shape cos I feel down about it. That's all, I'll only mention it when asked about it.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Oh, well sounds like he was just being an insensitive jerk.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote