Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/167.5/159

Default Worried about losing weight too fast

Don't hate me, but... this can't be good at this stage, right? I know it fluctuates or my scale might be wonky after it was stuck at the same weight all week, but I lost more than 1lb since yesterday. I am no longer at that stage when I weigh enough that the day to day losses are huge.

I call my weight loss program "Slow Show" after one of my favorite songs, I have a minigoal of 3lbs. total for the next month. Not because I'm not still plenty overweight (was 79.3kg, 78.5 today) and could safely shed a lot more, but I'm worried about maintenance. I've lost is all slowly (except for the water weight in the first few weeks) and I've felt confident maintenance was not going to be a problem because I only lost about 4lbs. a month and I'm not dieting but changing the way I eat forever. I know the way to go is to grab a cheeseburger (I never ate fast food when I was obese, true story, never liked it) or simply eat more calories, but I've had a very stressful night and especially morning and I even skipped breakfast because I was so caught up in my problems, I couldn't eat. I don't feel hungry. I'm sure it's the lowcarb and I've eaten my fatty fish lunch and will try to hike up the calories for dinner. I'm not sure food would taste like anything right now. I'll try to lift some weights tomorrow, I'm terrible at it but tomorrow it's bulk up day.

I'm freaking out for nothing, aren't I? I just thought that some featherweights might be already thinking ahead of maintenance and well... we're here for the freakouts, aren't we?

Last edited by Blackberry Fields; 05-12-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Blackberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's a lot of good information about fast/slow in this thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...intanence.html

And know that one day is not going to make much difference. Chances are you've already run into days when the scale does not move at all. Weight loss is like that. Some weeks you lose, some weeks you don't.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/167.5/159

Thank you! I haven't even clicked on the Maintenance forum yet, I don't want to jinx it and count my fat chickens too soon.

That's a goldmine. Oh, yes, I've had plenty of stagnant days (even weeks!) after the initial faster weight loss once I detoxified of carbs, but I find them comforting. I like that stability as long as I'm still within my very modest goals because they make me feel like my body is adapting well and I'm not forcing anything. Like I said... Slow Show.

Last edited by Blackberry Fields; 05-12-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Blackberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Every every everybody should read in the Maintenance forums! Those are the folks who have been through the beginning, the middle and the long haul. They are a gold mine!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote