Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Default LAWL Friends and losers May 10-16

Where is everyone? I guess I will start this thread this week...hope everyone shows up! I had a good weigh in Saturday morning at the center and then I spiraled out of control. Why do I do that??? I was down 2 lbs now I am up 2 lbs. I am smarter than this! So, I have to get this under control and continue going down. I hope everyone else had positive things going on and stayed on program. I am committed and this is going to be the week to get this under control! Later....
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi all

I had an okay weekend but going through a sugar/chocolate-craving stage right now because of TOM ....mostly stayed within limits but i guess i am only human and just 9 months ago I would have gobbled down a whole Hershey bar....therefore I am entitled to my 2 squares of dark chocolate or a handful of almonds extra

Marie- I dont think you can gain 2 lbs in 2 days unless you REALLY overdo it, I mean bags of chips and cans of sugary coke...yours is probably water weight.

I found this article about energy bars and thought of sharing
http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food-e...nergy-bars-101

I still think that bars are processed food and should be avoided at all costs but if it really helps you stay on plan, choose wisely.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MJ, I love my bars. They keep me balanced and on track in a convenient way. I've tried to switch to no bars, but that was not a good thing for me. It just occurred to me that I started with the bars about the same week my daughter started college and she is set to graduate here soon. Ha! I guess I'm really set on them. Keeps me under control I guess, and I've not found a good substitute for them, although I have tried several things.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Barbara - how has your daughter been feeling? Wow, graduating!

I have found that the bars keep me from feeling like I'm on a diet. I don't use the LAWL ones anymore - and I try to buy ones with as little unnatural stuff as possible.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i love the special k protein meal bars. the double chocolate ones are my favorite. they sell them at target, walmart and grocery store.
they have about 180 calories, 5g fat, 5g fiber and 10g protein. i love them!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #6  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Just dropping in to say hello. I am off to bootcamp tonight. I am looking forward to going.
I had company all weekend but I didnt cave. We had no dessert, just fresh fruit! I cooked healthy low carb meals all weekend as my Dad is on Herbal Magic and everyone loved my meals. I guess it pays to cook healthy! Have a great evening everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Thanks MJ...I am going to believe it's water weight! I just know that I misbehaved and now I have to pay!
Barbara..I have tried to get off the bars and I usually feel deprived and overdo it with something else. The bars keep me focused. I wish I didn't have to depend on them, but I do. I know that I can have that treat midmorning and midafternoon. It keeps me from caving. After saying all that, it is going to be a good week!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #8  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Wow I went to a boot camp workout last night. I am sore in places I didnt know existed on my body!!!!! It was amazing! I am so glad I joined. I have 7 more sessions. I am not used to working with weights very much so it was nice to have a trainer showing me new things. I did lots of squats last night too. If its really good, I think I will buy more sessions and keep going thru the summer.
Feeling really proud of myself today that I ventured out of my little box!!! haha

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #9  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

Hope everyone staying OP and having a good week. I started my PT job yesterday...first two weeks in-person and web-based training.I am going to manage business accounts for a store...meeting new ppl everyday...so i am excited about it.

i'll check back later
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MJ. Good luck on the new job.

Joan, Squats are killer, but do great things for a body.

Kim, I eat all kinds of different bars, I've just not done so well when I tried to skip any sort of a bar. It keeps me eating more mini meals a day, and that keeps me from getting overly hungry and I believe it really does keep my metabolism cranking along.

Marie, Occasional higher calorie days will make the scale blip up, and normally back down. For me it is generally up to 4 pounds that it goes up and then comes back down over the course of a few days. Mostly it is just excess salt, but I think a bit higher carbs on a day can make you retain a bit of water too. Regardless, if you stick with it for a few days, it will be right back gone.

I've been relatively good for 3 weekends in a row! That is the key to actually seeing the scale trend down instead of up or holding steady. I've just resolved to myself that eating right is an every day thing, not just a weekday thing.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #11  
Kim - IP 9/10

Suprisingly, after all these years fighting with weight loss, I still have moments of clarity. So, yesterday I was thinking that I really haven't buckled down lately and been 100% POP in .... well, a looooong time. Stupid me, hows that been working? So, I decided that I was going to start, then the inner fat girl looked at the calendar and said..."well, you've got that lake party and anniversary on the 22nd, so how about waiting a week?" then the inner fat girl looks further out the calendar "Hey! The next weekend is Memorial Day - start after that!" until the thin wannabe girl slapped the inner fat girl to make her realize that.... THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!" Duh. I am booked weekends from now till - well, till I'm dead, apparently. That is probably the biggest thing that has changed mentally since I started this process years ago, my thinking that I don't have to stay OP at events. I have truly forgotten that this is a lifestyle change (I believed that before). So, 100% POP starting tomorrow - which starts with the kitchen clearing tonight.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote