Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 05:29 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #277

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME !!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #2  

Here I am again. Thought I would try and get a few replys in before hubby wakes up and says... Oh My God... are you on that computer AGAIN ??

Tina... I think the dishonesty bothered you more than the act of eating. You know what they say... "You are as fat as you are secretive". Now that you have lost that ton of guilt ... you are now going to be just fine. And walking 3 miles !!!! that is super !!

Peekaboo/Sandy... I have to ask.... did you get you exercise in ... with hubby. Nothing like working up a good sweat.
I too thought your cartoon was cute. I forgot to mention it.
Kat... Weren't you the productive one Sunday. Way to go!!!
I love days like that. It just makes you feel good.
I really agree with your statement of losing weight in our heads.
We need to lose negative thinking, too high expectations, excuses ... the list can go on and on. We also need to lose guilt.

Sara... did I miss something ?? Are you trying to get pregnant ??
Can I be an honorary grandma???
As far as no periods... that is very common for someone who has lost a lot weight. And I know how happy you are not to have to mess with them... BUT... that said... you do need to go to the doctor if it lasts very long. Periods are more than just a nuisance. They cleanse your "inner" body. Build up can lead to pre-cancerous condition. A simple pill can get you back regular again.
And for your splurge at the b-day party... I bet your splurges today are no where near what a "former" spurge would have been.
And I am happy about Moses recovery... but sad to hear it could be an ongoing problem. Now that they know what he has, can't they prescribe some kind of preventative medicine?

Lucky... a new visual image... sitting there is the NUDE !!!!
Since confession is good for the soul... I must confess... I have posted in the nude a few times myself. LOL
But .. I always place a towel on my chair... it just seems like the right thing to do.

Thin... Hmmmm I have no notes for you or Baylee ... Hmmmm
I would go back and look again... but to be honest... I am tired of writing. LOL Soooo I am going for now. Maybe go eat an early breakfast. Hope you all have a great day.

Oh wait... today is Motivation Monday !!!
What motivation can I give??
Well... I hung that photo of that woman who lost 160lbs on WW on my computer screen. She is VERY motivating.
I also have the picture of the woman who has lost 200+lbs doing low carb on my refrigerator. And then I wrote on them....
"Only if I follow program"
That means I can't just "wish" myself thinner... I have to take some "action".

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-03-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:02 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone

Sandy: Don't ya just love those floor exercises. I am usually not only rolling, but crawling for something to put my weight on to get up! You should see me wedged in cleaning the tub and toilet! lol

Lucky: I think you are keeping something from us! The first Winter Weather Nudist Colony- you freeze the fat off! lol Let us know how it is going.

Kat: Way to go and you are dead right. You know they say the real sexual organ is the brain, well that is true about weight loss too! Something clicked in my brain this time where all the other times it hadn't. There is a lot in the brain that has to be organized, commitment, self-esteem, courage, dedication etc. Weight loss is multi-faceted and funny as it is, not really so much about food. You know the old adage: You should eat to live, not live to eat. No truer words were ever spoken. Young parents should learn from this and start with their babies teaching this principle and we wouldn't have something awful like a 50% obesity rate in CHILDREN! My daughter (probably because of how I didn't properly teach her and my size), zeroed in on this and her son eats better than any 2 1/2 year old I have ever seen. No high fat sandwich, chocolate milk and twinkies for Thomas to take to Mother's Day Out, he takes fruit, yogurt, fresh veggies and she will make him what he calls a rolled up sandwich which is usually veggies in a flour tortilla or something like that. He gets candy, pizza etc but only once in awhile and in moderation. He got croup when he was a baby, but other than that all he has had is a sniffly nose once in awhile. Sorry I do get on the soap box, but it has really become important to me.

Sara: Poor little Moses. Gosh, I can't believe they can't do some kind of preventative for him. They have stuff for humans with that condition! Are we ok with TOM yet? I used to freak out every month when I would be late and my husband had had a vasectomy! Now, my idea of heaven is getting through menopause and the *(&% thing stopping once and for all! lol

2 cute: thanks for making us think about motivation

My contribution to motivation is.....finding one piece of clothing in your wardrobe that fits now and didn't. Good hunting girls!!!!!

Donna
Old 02-03-2003, 10:05 AM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning sweetpeas! How are you today? I thought today was going to be nice, but you couldn't tell it by looking out the window right now. It is gray...gray...gray. It looks like it's going to rain or snow any moment now. I hate days like this. Of course I guess I should be grateful that I was alive this morning, in good health, (reasonably so) have a job to go to, a nice warm car to drive, well....the list goes on and on. Seems like here lately, I hate to watch the news or read the newspaper. Nothing but bad news, this one was murdered, this one was killed in a freak accident, this child was abused....you know, stuff like that and here I am complaining that the sky is gray. Things could be worse.

Geez, where did that come from?

On a better note, I wanted to clarify something with you guys. I didn't feel bad about exactly what I ate. I felt bad because I led you to believe that I was "ok" with the fact I wasn't OP. Actually when I typed that post, I was trying to convince myself that I was ok with it....but the longer I dwelled on it, the more I realized I was NOT ok with it. Does that make sense? Anyways, I feel much better having talked to you guys. You guys always make me feel better and give me renewed strength. Man, if I could bottle the love and inspiration you wonderful friends give me, I could make a mint!

I do have to tell you though...last night when I was doing the WATP 3 mile, I didn't even get tired! I loved it! Of course, I was pouring sweat like a waterfall, but I was energized, moving and it felt soo good! I think I may just do it again today!

Also, Donna and Sandy: I would like to have your email addresses if you don't mind. If you would rather not give them out, that's ok, I understand. You can PM me with them if you want to. Reason being....I don't plan on sending you a bunch of junk mail, I sent out a note to everyone last night thanking them for all the support and I really wanted to include you guys too, but didn't have an email address. You can also email me at [email protected].

Ok guys....I'm out of here for now. I hope you all have a lovely day and I'm in such a good mood now thinking about you guys that I am going to post a quote:

"Happiness is a butterfly, which when persued is always just beyond your grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly will light upon you."

I find that I only have to sit down quietly in front of my computer screen and visit my friends here for happiness light upon me.
Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by QueenB; 02-03-2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #5  

Well, looks like scrapbooking is out for today. My daughter called and she has one heck of a cold. So, I am footloose and fancy free until 2nd round of exercise this pm. I am going to start on Tue and Thur adding strength training. I have a Richard Simmons video and his toning cords so I am going to do the upper body on Tue and lower on Thur. That will be strenuous two days because I don't want to give up the other exercising. Maybe I will cut out the pm one and replace with the training. I am just scared of falling out of the routine, you know?

For any of you who would like just about any info on losing weight, I found a sight called www.kimberlysslimpickens.com and besides dotties has all kinds of info.

Ok, here is a real winner of a question, but I really need an answer. Have any of you guys ever gone to a tanning salon and could you use the booths ok? I have very fair skin and am considering going a couple months before we go to Vegas to build up a small layer of tan to keep me from getting so burned. I am already armed with my superduper sunscreen and a big floppy hat. I may not even be able to do it. When I am out in the sun, I wear spf45 and can still get burned. Anyway, any info would be mucho appreciated. I don't want to make an absolute fool of myself trying to squeeze an oversized hot dog into a mini bun! lol

You ladies have an absolutely terrific day!
Donna
Old 02-03-2003, 11:12 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Donna...you crack me up. To answer your question, I can only tell you my personal experience..... I have laid in tanning beds at professional places and my mil actually has a tanning bed I have laid in. When I laid in them, I was probably right at the 300 lb mark and maybe even a little over and had no problem at all. Of course, I was totally freaking out because I had the insane assumption I would fall through the glass and be burned by a billion lightbulbs... The main reason I don't lay in them anymore is because I would always burn my butt, back & stomach when I laid in them and realized that the pain was definitely not worth a little bit of color. Hope that helps and who knows? I might just change my mind when it comes time to get into that bathing suit!

P.S. You may also ask around at some of the establishments in your area, but several of the ones in my town have the super beds which are much bigger and some even have the stand up kinds where you don't have to lay down.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #7  

Well, the weather outside is frightful!
(That's as much as I know of that song)

My neighbor plowed me out at 8AM - we had 11 inches of snow. Now it is blowing like crazy and drifting on the highway.

Anyway, I felt queasy today and that was a good enough reason to stay home. I hate, hate, hate my job and do not like the people I work with. OKAY. I feel so much better spouting off about that. I was feeling pretty down, but came here and you have all inspired and cheered me up.

DARN...my brother is here. I love him but he has been here twice already today!!!! AND I wanted to post.

Back later.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #8  

Good afternoon girls,
I've waited all day to post...trying to think of something motivational to say? I have no wise words....except...keep doing what we are doing and be there for one another and anything is possible. At least thats how you all make me fee. I find when Im feeling a little on edge, if I come here and open up to the post I make myself feel a little better. You are all so great!!! There hope that made you all feel good! Loves ya all
Old 02-03-2003, 02:10 PM   #9  

Sandy... yes that made me feel good.
I am sooooo antzy today. I want to crawl right out of my skin for some reason. I don't know what is causing it. I just hoped and prayed someone had posted since I read last... and lo and behold.. you posted just minutes before I came here. Thank you.

Donna.. I forgot to mention your joke of the day. I had heard it before but it is still a good one.
As for tanning beds... I have never used... but I know several people who weigh everywhere from 250-320 lbs and they all fit fine. Just be careful not to burn. That virgin skin that has not seen sunlight in a dozen years or more WILL BURN.

Lady... I don't know if I am down or what. I am antzy is the only way I know to describe it. I am babysitting again or I would have been in my car going somewhere... anywhere. I hope you are feeling more chipper now.

Sara... I have all of these lovely womens photos all motivating me with their before and after photos... and you still have not posted yours. When do we get blessed with pics ???

Tina I want to thank you and everyone who has posted today. I REALLY needed to read today and I am soooo glad you posted. THANKS
Old 02-03-2003, 02:53 PM   #10  

Ok, except for Queasy Hate my Job Ladybug with the pesky brother, we are all in fine fiddle today! So now we have to rah rah Ladybug into laughter somehow! Let's see......

Ok, another famous don't let this happen to you story from the archives of Donna's Always Gets into Something Album:

We moved from Indiana to Memphis two years ago in April like I have told you several times. Well, we moved out of our apartment into a storage unit, moved to Memphis and stayed in an extended stay hotel looking for a permanent rental home. Our son and three of his friends, moved all of our furniture out of the storage unit and to the house we found with one itsy bitsy embarrassment. I had an old dresser that I didn't want to move and my son wanted so I let him have it. He moved it into his apartment planning to strip it etc. His best friend and roommate (who I have known like a son for about 13 years) was putting the drawers back in and having trouble with one. What to his wondering eyes did appear, but a picture of a very chubby and seriously scantily clad mother of his best friend! I had taken the pic some 20 years ago (in a red and black teddy) for my husband while he was overseas and somehow it ended up in that drawer! Oh my God! I almost died when Jay handed me an envelope and told me that Dave had found it in the dresser! Of course, Jack laughed til he choked himself. I still don't think Dave is right!

Ladybug, if that doesn't do it, maybe some of these other ladies can cheer you up!

Donna
Old 02-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #11  

Angry Just chicking in!

Hiya Ladies!

2Cute: You crazy kid! I am absolutely NOT trying to get pregnant! I'm just a week and a bit late (not normal) so I was worried. A test a few days back said I wasn't though... and I'll do another at the end of this week just to be 100% sure. I'm not too worried now... sometimes women miss a period for one reason or another. ANYWAYS... I definitely AM going to post some before and after pics soon. I was hoping to reach my adjusted goal of weighing between 140 and 145 (need to lose another 5 pounds) before doing "official" after pictures I mentioned in my journal a couple of weeks ago that I'm actually planning on putting together a little webpage (with help from hubby) with all that stuff on it... so hopefully around the end of this month, I'll be making that "after" debut!

Donna: I don't think you'll have any problems tanning but I too caution you about that skin that hasn't been exposed to the sun in years! In November, I wore a sleeveless dress to my hubby's work's xmas party and I went tanning (at my gym) for the first time ever to get rid of a nasty t-shirt tan on my arms (we call it a farmer tan!). I burned my tummy!!! That skin hadn't been exposed to the light of day since childhood and... OUCH! I had to tan for the next few weeks with a towel wrapped around my mid-section! Since you still have some time, I suggest starting with only tanning for a few minutes the first few times and building up from there! Btw, I would have just DIED if I were you when my son's friend found that picture!!!

Guh. I didn't go to the gym at all this weekend. Don't get me wrong. I TRIED but hubby and I had a DOOSY of a fight yesterday and by the time we had "made up" the gym was closed! Grr... he knew I was angry that I missed my workout because he KNOWS it's so important to me. ANYWAYS... I'll be back there this evening in full force!

Catch all you chickies later!

Sara
270/148/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 02-03-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:37 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Wink Hey..............

Howdy! What's shakin'?

Just a quickie here...I have to fix dinner shortly...I have salmon steaks marinating, gonna make sweet potato fries and asian coleslaw....mmm... Should I post my easy recipes? Are we still doing that? Whatever, here goes...

Teriyaki Marinade
1/4 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
4-6 salmon steaks
*Mix marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag, add salmon, marinate at least 2 hrs...(mine's been sitting there since yesterday!)
*Grill on George Forman about 10 minutes
4.5 pts per 4 oz salmon steak
Sweet Potato Fries
2 sweet potatoes
1 T olive oil
Salt
*Peel and slice taters into long strips. Place in a ziploc, add oil and salt, squish all around til coated, bake @ 400 about 30-40 minutes, turning halfway thru cooking time.
3.5 pts per serving @ 4 servings

Asian Coleslaw
1/2 head cabbage, shredded
1 carrot shredded
!/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 T rice vinegar
1 T sesame oil
1 t soy sauce
*Combine veggies in a large bowl. Whisk together oil, vinegar, soy, pour over veggies, stir to cover everything. Stir again before serving.
1.3 points per 1 cup serving
I would sit and figure out all the points for you if I had the time, but I don't...sorry! Gotta get cooking now that my mouth is watering!

See ya'll later.

UPDATE! Points have been assigned...sorry! I don't count calories! By the way...everything was yummy!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-03-2003 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:24 PM   #13  

Okay, Donna, ya got me!! I am actually happy to have felt sick today to inspire you to remember that story!
Thank you!
I tan a lot and don't find any problems. Like Sara said though if you haven't for along time take it VERY slow. I tan every year and still only start at 5 min the first time and maybe hit 20 min by the third week. It HURTS to burn so, please, take it slow.

Oh, Sara I can't wait for your webpage. Your wedding one is great so I know this one will be too. I won't be nosey and ask what you and Reg fought about BUT I do want to know what EXACTLY you did to make up!!

2Cute, I do that too.
Quote:
... I have posted in the nude a few times myself. But .. I always place a towel on my chair... it just seems like the right thing to do.
I had a good day today. Probably because I wasn't at work!! I shoveled only twice so far. I will have to check the end of the driveway in the morning because it has been drifting all day. But that is for tomorrow. I read, exercised, ate and took a nap. I measured myself and since Jan 1, 2003 have lost 4.5 inches. I only do bust, midriff, waist and hips (across the tummy).

Motivational Monday:

Boy is this one for me!!!!!

"The key to unlocking my potential is within me. It is in the power of my thought, my vision and my commitment." - Unknown
Old 02-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #14  

I got this from a friend - right now it shows me going until 87. I want to hit 120.

http://www.nmfn.com/tn/learnctr--lifeevents--longevity
Old 02-03-2003, 08:02 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all I'm here just dog tired. The Library was a jumping place today catch you all later
Closed Thread