Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 11:43 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Is this from your snack-cake or something?

Ok, so today I am hosting a computer lab off-site of where I work. A guy came in and asked to use one of the computers that I had been on, I let him. Then he asked for a pen, I asked him if needed paper as well, he said no, he'd use the paper that was sitting here (picture 4 x 6 white card stock) and as he picked it up (I had been sitting there previously) he said "Is this from your snack-cake or something?" I said no, we fold those and use them for our namecards.

Now as offended as I should be, I think it's more funny than anything. Because I'm a fat girl, you think I sit around and eat suzy-Q's all day? I wonder if he would have thought that if I was a skinny minny??

Anyway...It's todays motivation for the day!!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:03 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

LOL! Okay, I have one for you. Last weekend at an Anti-SuperBowl Party (I lived in San Diego, we hated the superbowl) I went to, the host's two-year old child was screaming from his swing, "Swing me! Swing me!" His parents were ignoring him to I went to swing him. So, I pushed him from the front a couple times and we chatted.

The he pointed to my calf and said, "Know what's in there?"
I guessed:
"Blood?" "No."
"Muscle?" "No."
"Guts?" "No."
"Bone?" "No."
"Water?" "No."

"Okay.... what's in there?"

"FAT!" He then screams and laughs histerically. I just left him in the swing. Brat.

If he would have pointed to my stomach, I would have guessed it, but I'm a dancer, my calves are rock solid. What does he know, he's two!
Old 01-31-2003, 01:15 PM   #3  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Wow Sandi, that was so RUDE of that guy, what a jerk.

Jessica, my story is about something a kid said to me. About 1.5 years ago, I was just walking down the stairs to leave the daycare my daughter used to go to, and there was 3-4 kinds sitting at the bottom of the stairs, all around 5 years old. And one of the little boys says really loudly "fat lady, here comes fat lady." and repeated this several times. I was sooooo embarrassed.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:42 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sandi, what a f*^%ing a$$hole!!!!!! You're a lot nicer than I would've been.

I remember when I was 14, we went to see my mom's friend's new house. I hadn't seen her son in a few years, since we'd lived out of state. He & I spent a lot of time together when he was a baby & toddler, and he "couldn't wait to see his MeeMee". According to his mother. Well, I had to use the bathroom, so I gave him a quick hug & kiss & went to pee. As I was washing my hands, I could hear, "That's MeeMee? She's faaaaat." He was only 4, so I didn't feel too upset, he was just being observant. Although I would like to be that "fat" now.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:21 PM   #5  
Searching

OMG You had me thinking of Shallow Hal. How Rosie just walks around eating all the time. OMG if fat people were so secure! LOL! But there is that perception.

My son was sweet today. He said, "Mom I only think your a little fat now" I am what are you talking about? He starts poking me everywhere, look that muscle is huge! Your bicep is bigger than dads. And your calfs don't jiggle at all. Made me smile. Now if I can only keep the middle of me from jiggling!

Miss Chris
Old 01-31-2003, 02:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my friend just told me last night that her friend's son, who is 5, sais that she couldn't go to the store with them because she was fat and wore fat people clothes.

god. kids, sometimes.

but sandi.... the guy sucks. ARGH.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I had the same thing (sort of) happen 2 years ago when I was pg. The little girl next door said she could see the fat lady next door (we were in our respective backyards). Of course I was several month pg even though I am pretty big anyway. It hurt though.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:22 PM   #8  

OMG ... that is funny, but RUDE, too.

I guess I'm glad I live among lots of 'reserved' Bostonians ... they may think things like that but rarely SAY it!!
Old 01-31-2003, 03:26 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

I don't think he meant it to be rude. he is a nice guy. I think it just goes to show where societies head is in reguards to heavy people. He wasn't snotty...it was just kinda like any other question.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Gelisha, my student with Down Syndrome, loves to poke me in the belly and say, "Mrs. M, you got a fat belly!"
Old 01-31-2003, 07:25 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

i got to the point that, when children would come up to me and tell me how fat i was, i'd look down at them and say that "i don't appreciate rude children" and walk away!!1 you should have seen their Mothers come running!!!!

now, my nephews hug me and point out that my belly is shrinking, and they can get their arms around me
Old 02-03-2003, 08:41 AM   #12  

Sandi, that guy's comment could have been perfectly innocent and had nothing to do with his thinking you sit around eating Little Debbie's all day!!! See how sensitive we are??

As for kids, it seems that so many of them at one time or another make these comments about how someone is fat ... they don't have any tact. Some of them are eventually taught to be more considerate, and unfortunately some aren't. When my daughter was about 4, we were in a store and she made a loud comment about a fat woman. I got right down in her face and explained to her that it was a hurtful thing to say, pointing out that her mommy is quite fat, too! What gets me is when adults say these things - they should know better, and it shows a lack of breeding (she says snootily!)

Pen
Old 02-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #13  

I think that kids will be kids, and they often do not realize that they are being hurtful. Thankfully, I have not had such an experience. It is quite funny the way people just assume things about those of us who are overweight, but I do love those little debbies !!!!! !
Old 02-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

My little grandson (5 yrs old) came in the bathroom when I was visiting at his house. He made some comment about my big fat butt. I know he did not say it to be hurtful. He is at that age where he finds it funny to talk about butts and gas and stuff like that. Anyway, I just smiled and agreed with him. I wish he didn't notice, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, because then I am afraid that he would have memories of a fat angry grandma. I only get to visit him once a year, and I want the memories to be pleasant happy ones. I don't want to say anything to my daughter about it because I am afraid she would scold him, and then he would associate getting scolded with me and not like me or something. I am also up against the other grandma who lives nearby him, and is younger and thin and fit.

glynne (Gayle)
Old 02-03-2003, 04:37 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

I really do think it was innocent...I just took it bad.
Closed Thread