Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #1  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy I need some reassurance...

All this week I've been up and down between 140.4-141.0. I went from 141 one day to 140.6 the next! I haven't been eating anything high in sodium, and I haven't been overeating. I've been eating over 1000 calories a day and exercising. Am I keeping it on because of stress? Or (this is a tentative statement) because it's a week or so before TOM?
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/144/133

Height: 5'6''

Hey,
This happens to me too apparently for no reason! I think the best thing to do is stick with it and not become disheartned. Most probably next week you will have a big loss!
I stayed at 150 for a couple of weeks then dropped really fast.
Good luck x
hopefulchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

When you say you are eating over 1000 calories a day, well how many calories ARE you eating? I assume you are sticking to a calorie allotment when you say you are not overeating, but are you diligently tracking them, just to be certain? We could definitely use a little more info...

Regardless, this sounds like a perfectly normal fluctuation to me. Our bodies are made up of over 50% water, and that varies a lot from day to day.

As long as you continue to create a calorie deficit, the weight will have no choice but to come off - in time. Though of course, some peoples' bodies do react differently to different types of foods.. Some people have a harder time losing while eating grains, others fruits. It varies. To some of us where our calories come from is a vital component to weight loss.

But again, you haven't given us much information, so it's hard to say....
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm in the same boat at you.
I go from 152.2 - 153.8 over night! Right now it's at 151.2 due to
sickness. I haven't been eating much because my throat is very sore
(been sticking to mostly liquids like tomato soup).

Drinking lots of water could help. If you're excersizing and eating right
it's probably just from PMS.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Eventually you'll lose the weight.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

I was stuck on 133 lb for 2 months, so I decided to maintain and take a break (I was getting very annoyed that I have no loss). I didn’t count calories, but was eating very clean and had lot of vegetables, little fruits and protein with each meal. I also continue walking for 1.5 hr every day. I maintain just well for 2 moths.

At the end of April, I am back on counting calories:
Mon, Wed, Thu – 1,000 cal no exercise, just 40 min walking.
Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun – don’t count calories , but eat clean and 40 min run + 40 min walk each day.

So far in 2 weeks – 2 lb. What I am trying to say, is those last few pounds are very stubborn and you need to give it a time. Try to maintain for few weeks and slow down on intense exercise. Your body will adjust, get used to new weight and then change your routine with calories and exercise and it should work.

Good luck!

Last edited by onthedietagain; 05-07-2010 at 08:50 AM.
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #6  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Your body weight is going to fluctuate up and down day to day. Just keep a record and make sure that in a month, the trend is going down and not up. Also, everyone hits plateaus where they stay around the same weight for a few weeks even though they're doing everything they should to lose weight. Don't be discouraged. Just keep watching what you eat, keep being active, and the pounds will come off!
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #7  

I agree with all that is said. These are really small fluctuations so don't let it get to you. Might want to measure inches or have a 'goal' dress or pair of pants to have another way to chart progress.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #8  

Don't weigh every day. It can be discouraging because the body doesn't lose weight every single day, even if we ate the same things every day. Weigh once a week, on the same day, weighing (or not) the same thing, at the same time.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #9  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

One thing my personal trainer told me a long time ago that the best way to weigh is 1 day.. the same day every week. That way the little fluctuations dont through me off and make me feel discouraged, so maybe try once a week to keep your mind a little clearer. Also, when it comes to losing weight at a lower weight, you're more likely to hit little plateaus that slow your weightloss. Dont worry girl, it will come off just have patience and maybe trying changing up your workout a little
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat this week! My weight keeps fluctuating in the 225 - 227 area every day. I religiously count my calories and I've been creating a significant deficit. I wish I could explain it but I can't. Last week I lost 6 pounds and this week I've just been ping ponging back and forth.

All I can say is is you stick to a good plan! Your weight will drop. I weigh every day and will continue to, but the only way to stay sane when you are doing so is to take these fluctuations with a grain of salt. If it bothers you too much then for your own sake go to weekly or even monthly weigh-ins.

Hang in there!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #11  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanaRose View Post
All this week I've been up and down between 140.4-141.0. I went from 141 one day to 140.6 the next! I haven't been eating anything high in sodium, and I haven't been overeating. I've been eating over 1000 calories a day and exercising. Am I keeping it on because of stress? Or (this is a tentative statement) because it's a week or so before TOM?
Keeping it on? I don't see you keeping anything on. You're talking about a half-pound fluctuation, which is NOTHING, over the course of a week, which is NOTHING.

Relax and take a longer term view. Fluid swings can be as much as 3-4 lbs and are affected by so many factors that you can't really say on any given day what might cause one. One untimely fluid swing can mask two or three weeks of healthy weight loss!

So you can't evaluate your progress day to day, or even sometimes week to week. You have to take a longer term view. If what you are doing has worked for you so far, DON'T change it because you fluctuated by half a pound one day. Stick with the plan that has been working. Don't change your habits unless it stops working for a month or more.

If anything, all this shows is how pointless these scales that measure to tenths of a pound really are. They cause people to panic over measurement noise.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote