Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Default Weight gain?

So about a week ago i was weighing in at around 136lbs, and since then I've been coming in at around 139-140lbs.

I have no idea how i could of gained that weight, since I've been sticking religiously to about 1300-1500cals and exercising about 45 mins 6 days week.

I'm not expecting TOM for about 2 weeks, so it can't be that.

I don't get why it's staying up at that weight, I don't feel bloated or anything...

This is really just a rant :< Feel so unmotivated to up my exercise or cut my calories, but it feels like something has to give.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

It sounds to me like one of those random blips on the scale -- your calories and exercise are great, so it could be in a few days you will have a woosh and see those lbs slide away. Are you drinking enough water? Drinking enough water will actually help you *not* retain water, strangely enough.

One thing to think about -- I find that I get bloated mid-month, maybe even more than at TOM. It's an ovulation thing, I guess. I don't remember this always happening, but obviously our bodies change with age (and in my case, I had my third baby last year, and I think this mid-month bloat started when my period came back after breastfeeding).

Lastly, it might help to switch up your exercise a little -- try a new machine at the gym, or a different pattern to your workout (like a new setting on your usual machine, etc).

Hang in there!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #3  
Sunshinez28

S/C/G: 155/148/140

Height: 5'5

Hey you could be gaining muscle, I am not too sure if your lifting weights or not. But I use to weigh in at 145 and I started watching my calories going to the gym 5 days a week and doing cardio for 45 mins and then 45mins of lifting and I am up to 155. I am smaller, butt, hips and thighs and toner... So I would say go by your clothes and the way you feel.. I might jump on the scale once a week.. I know its discouraging.. The gym I go to has a scale called the Inbody that measures, lean muscle mass, how much muscle you have gained in you arms, legs, truck.. its pretty cool, and tells you you BMR and BMI.. So I get on that every other month and then I am not depressed when I see weight gain and muscle gain also!!
Its called the Inbody 320, I am not too sure if any of your gyms would carry this scale..
If your curious about it the website for my gym is longevityclubs.com.. and check it out..

Don't give up.. try to increase your cardio to an hour. That is what one of the trainiers have me doing at least 5 days a week with weight lifting.

Good luck
sunshinez28 is offline   Reply With Quote