Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #1  

Default hello I'm new and..

I joined WW yesterday today was my first official day of doing the point system, everything was going great I woke up had a 1 1/2 cup of mix fruits had garden salad and fruits for lunch 1 cup of whole wheat cereal for after noon snack and 1 cup of rice with1 cup of chicken stir-fry. This all came up to 15pts I'm allowed 33. Well..then I started to get that boredom "itch" in my stomach and I made myself a a 2 1/2 scoop ice cream sundae with fat-free topping i think 16pts which brings my points up to 31. I know I didn't reach my maximum amount of points but I still feel bad about eating bad food..on my first day..Do small set backs ruin it all? Any help on how to fight bad food cravings?

Thanks,
babybrowns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Get the bad food out of your house! Set yourself up for success. I'm at goal, and I still don't keep ice cream in the house. No way! If I plan ahead for it, I can have it at my favorite ice cream place, about once every few months.

I read a book once way back when, called "Trash Your Fat". Basically it said, get rid of the crap and stock your home with "good for you stuff". It really works! It took me another 20 years to actually take the advice I learned from the book.

Hang in there. Welcome to 3FC

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm at the same point, I'm trying hard to stick to my calorie plan, and just ate the last of my daily allotment on a snack of buttered popcorn. I don't think I'll be hungry tonight, but I feel like I should eat dinner with my family. and this would be day 2 of off plan eating, so I want to be good.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Have you tried either Skinny Cow ice cream or WW ice cream products? Also, there are some frozen yogurts out there that I think just as good as ice cream without the fat and calories.

I agree, to set yourself up for success but don't berate yourself if you overdo it, after all, you stayed within your points!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote