S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Weekly Chat: May 5- May 11

New pages!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #2  

Hey chicks!! Long time/ no post I don't know if you've seen the national news, but we have had severe flooding in Nashville. We have been without internet/phone service and have also been out of school for the last two days. Our home is okay, but many, many people have lost theirs. Also, the death toll was around 12 yesterday and projected to rise. Now we are threatened with losing our drinking water as one of our water purification plants has been flooded. I have caught up on the posts, but have lots of work to do this morning. I'll try to check in later.

Last edited by sloanie; 05-05-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #3  

Sloan, you have my empathy with the flooding stuff! I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa, where, if you recall, there was severe flooding the summer of 2008. People are still recovering here. We had to avoid putting any water down any drain during the flood, due to the water treatment plant being flooded. We got very creative. People showered in their driveways in the rain; I collected water from our sump pump in the kids' wading pool and we bathed in that. Can you say cold?! Good luck!

I am feeling much better after last week's super sick marathon here. The weather has been gorgeous.

Time to fold laundry!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #4  
beachbum

Moved my post to over here

Good Morning Ladies

Going to have my hair cut & styled today,cause the last couple of day the humidity was unbearable and now by the end of this week the temps are going down to the 50"s. Just can't figure. Oh well at least It will be neat.

NANCY-Stress with your DH's surgery will keep you from losing,and I know it can be every frustrating.Try to eat less and exercise more,and drink plenty of water. After Leo passed, my weight sky rocketed up to 10 lbs without any reason. I try faithful to my CC/CP WOE to no avail. Now I have 6 lbs of the 10 gone.

SANDRA-The doctor gave me some tips,by saying that I should go on low carbing diet,and my carbs shouldn't go higher than 60G per day.Another thing he told me to keep my calories to 1200 and my fiber to 20 grams. I'm going to hear some time today or tomorrow what my blood test revealed. I walking along the beach,since the weather has been nice my bike is collecting cob webs.

Have to get dressed and get ready for today's chores
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #5  
beachbum

SLOANE-I'm so sorry about what happening to the poor people that are flooded,TG that you're ok. Can't believe all this bad weather we 're have all though this country,and now I hear that in Northern England and Scotland it snowing.

ANGELA-I remember hearing in the news about the floods that you had.In fact one of the professional golfer come from the area and had a benefit golf tournament to raise money for the people living there.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Sloan

Stay safe with all the flooding, especially when driving...

Rhonda usually keeps us straight with new pages each Monday morning
but I think she is busy with that new Grand baby...

See ..Rhonda..we are a mess without you!!!

I'll try to start a new week Monday am and we will be back on track...

Robin has one tiny spot on his incision that is still draining & bleeding.
(I know how gross that is but there is no other way to put it)
The surgeon told him to wash it with peroxide but I have heard that
peroxide is not good for wounds??? The surgeon said if it does not quit
by next week he may have to open it up again.
Otherwise he is doing great.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #7  

Thanks for straightening me out, Nancy. Part of my problems was that we were out of school on Monday and Tuesday, so I thought today was Monday Right now we are dry in my neighborhood, so driving is not a problem. I'm just so sad for those people who lost so much!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I was wondering about you last night when we were watching the news. Our granddaughters have been out of school, too, due to the flooding. (Ft. Campbell,KY) You be careful and don't take any chances.

Angela, I remember your posting photos of the flooding. After seeing and hearing about all the flooding you and Sloan have had, our little standing water after rains seems like nothing. Sometimes it looks like a lake here, though, but we've never been stranded or in danger to ourselves or our home.

Maryann, sounds like your doctor has given you some good pointers. My doctor offered me diet pills but I refused. They make me extremely nervous. Last time I took them, I was paranoid thinking I was going to get shot in the woods. That was weird.

Nancy, I hope Robin heals and doesn't have to have more surgery. I almost always have complications with healing and infection. I'm not sure why, but I'm suspecting all stems from an infection I had back in the 50's.

We've been doing a little yardwork today but are inside now cooling and relaxing. I am op. So far, I've lost the same 5 pounds I've been losing over and over for about 2 years. When I get to 10 pounds off, I'm going to be feeling like I"m into virgin territory even though I won't have all the 30 off that I've regained since we moved to Texas. I'm just excited to finish relosing those same 5 or so pounds. 10's my mini goal. (Did I just talk in a huge circle?)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #9  
beachbum

Just got back from getting my hair cut and buying one of those grab bars for the bathroom but to my surprise I couldn't get my screen storm door open for no reason. Had to call a locksmith and he was so nice it didn't have to break the lock.All he did was take the screws off the frame and the door opened,and the best surprise he only charge the coming out fee of $65. I thought I would be paying alot more.

Going to have a nice cold smoothie & rest after that ordeal,have a nice evening.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Enjoy your smoothie. You've earned it.

I just finished my stretches, Brandi (my chiropractor) is having me do daily. I feel pretty perky.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

I was really asleep at the wheel this week. I lost track of days! Thanks for getting us going, Sloan. Like the others, I've wondered how you were doing with all that rain and flooding. My heart goes out to everyone there.

I've been doing all right with eating. But, I'm sick of grilled chicken and salad. DH is going to do Nutrisystem, and I might join him. I'll let you know.

I can now do 35 sit ups and 30 modified push ups. Amazing.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that is amazing. I did several stretches today and feel like an old woman. Wonder why?

I'm still op but for some reason I've been hungrier today.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #13  

Mornin' chicks! Things are the same here. Water is going down slowly, and we are still being directed to conserve water. We are being "good citizens", but many are not. We may lose our water before this is over. I've been op then "off p" for several days! I'm also in the "lose the same five over and over" club.

Angela, I thought about you when all of our flooding started and remembered your posts. I'm glad to read that your family is feeling better.

Sandra, I, too, am feeling old and doing the stretches that my chiropractor gave me. What is happening to us? Aren't we way, way, way, too young for this?

Rhonda, I love the pic of you and that grand girl! I'll bet you could just eat her up!!!

Nancy, how is Robin? I hope he does not have to have that incision opened. I know your doc did not suggest this, but if you are concerned about using the peroxide, you could clean the area with betadine solution. It is the same solution that we used in the OR to prep the area before surgery, and you can get it at the pharmacy.

Maryann, I'm glad your doc is knowledgeable about nutrition. I'll bet his suggestions help. Sorry about your screen door!

Our internet and phone are out at the house, so I can only post at school. I'll try to check in before I go home. Have a great day, y'all!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like rain & thunderstorms are heading our way today,so I'm going to stay indoors today. Won't be bored as I have several empty boxes in the basement that I must break up and tie up in a bundle for next week's pickup.

The doctor called and all my tests come out normal,as I expected that only one that gave me concern was the A1C and that's 6.0,so now I can breath again.

Going to get on my bike and do some spinning, while watching a computer movie.

NANCY-What is that surgeon thinking peroxide is very good for wounds.My doctor told me to put it on my skin tag removal sores. Hope that your DH doesn't have to be opened up again.

SANDRA-He's a caring & excellent doctor,I very happy to have him,as my friends & choir members are looking for a decent doctor and can't find one. Unfortunately my doctor isn't taking new patients right now. Yes I'm lucky,I can talk to him about of sorts of health problems and he always explains them in laymen terms. Made a mixed berry smoothie with crushed ice, delish.......

RHONDA-You're sure our Exercising Queen congrats on all those sit ups & push ups. Good Luck with Nutrisystem, hope they will help both of you.

SLOAN-He wanted me to go on Atkins,as he told me that's how he lost his weight but did I listen to him.NO. I went to the SBD and than to WW.
TOO many carbs for me,so now that I watching my carbs and calories along with portion control I now got out of the 170's this morning as I 169,hope it continues that way.

Have to get going,have a nice day

Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm sorry that I haven't been around much. Brodie is keeping us uber busy.

Rhonda, Jim is still thriving on Nutrisystem. He hasn't lost much lately because we have been celebrating his birthday for a while now!
I believe you and Doyle would lose weight if you tried it. If you are members of Costco, they have the best deal ever on Nutrisystem. You can't get a 35 day program directly from Nutrisystem. The CSR told me this week that it is a better deal than they can offer. You get free delivery through Costco and you don't get that with NS unless you agree to accept 2 or 3 (I can't remember) autodeliverys. The Women's is cheaper because you'd only get one snack a day and Men get two. Each plan is $25 off until May 9th. It's normally $270 and $300 for 35 days. This is less than NS charges for 30 days. Anywhoo....I just tried the Buffalo Pretzel Sticks and loved them and the Peppermint Patty cookies. I may place a small ala carte order! I just wanted you to have the information. http://tinyurl.com/27tul2l. You have to order the card and when it arrives you go straight to NS site and pick all of your own meals. This also costs more when you deal directly with NS. If you decided to do it, I'll tell you the foods that Jim really enjoys.

Love and Hugs to the rest of you!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote