Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Grand Lux Cafe

Hey all! I have to go to the Grand Lux Cafe tomorrow for lunch and, where I used to be pumped about it, I'm sort of dreading it now. They have no calorie listings online (its actually noted that they don't in their FAQ). I think its awful that they don't list calories for what they serve when they serve huge portions of everything.

Anyone know this place and have any ideas for something I can get that is healthy there (under 400 calories ideally)?
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I just checked out their menu, and honestly, I'd probably go with the vegetables as a meal, avoiding the french fries and the mashed potatoes. Knowing me I'd get the spinach, broccoli, snap peas, and green beans. Maybe the mushrooms depending on the sauce. It isn't the most exciting meal, but I'd certainly say it is the safest. There were some fish meals that looked decent, but I didn't have enough time to really study the menu
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I would go with this:

Lunch Soup and Salad
A Cup of Our Soup of the Day and House Green Salad
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #4  

Chicken Lettuce Wraps appetizer looks promising, just ask for the sauce on the side. Shrimp and White bean salad. The vegetables as a meal looks great too. Then again, the above all depend on how big their portions are too.

Soup and salad are always a good go to choice. Sometimes, I just want something other than soup and salad, kwim? Good luck!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, all. Their portions are huge (a main meal is enough to feed two people). I also have a feeling pretty much everything there is loaded with butter (including the veggies) but I'll try the soup and salad if the soup sounds somewhat low-calorie or maybe the veggies as a meal and ask them how they cook them. I'll also see if I can find any more info on the Chicken Lettuce Wraps online (as far as calories)...that may be promissing.

I'm going with people I work with and don't want to be the super picky eater, kwim? I appreciate the suggestions.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

probably too late, but it looks like Grand Lux Cafe is the same company as The Cheesecake Factory and I was able to find a link the the nutritional info for that menu - there might be enough crossover to the menu that you can find some of the same foods.

http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/2...its-rochester/

Last edited by PeanutsMom704; 05-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote