South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chick Chat

Good morning! It's looking like it's going to be a great day.

We have an appointment this evening with the kitchen planner to get the ball rolling for new countertops. We settled on Corian, and I'm so excited! I've waited so long for this, and now it's finally happening.

Jake doesn't have to go in until a little later this morning and made a wonderful pot of coffee. Want some?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Sounds like an exciting morning Thanks for the coffee.

Things are calmer here. Boy kitty is himself now that the antibiotic is out of his system and we still have the two separated so all is calm. Seems they just needed a break from each other. I hope things are on track to both kitties being back to 100% soon. I swear they know when we are planning to go away for a few days. Last year at this time it was Luna's turn to get sick.

Good morning Ruth I see you out there Happy gardening today.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #3  

Good morning..Im getting off work in an hour, running home to get baby girl ready for Mothers morning out and then heading to the dentist as part of a tooth fell out last week!!..Oh Yeah!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes! Yes! I wish I was there to share some of Jake's yummy coffee and trade wisecracks with him.

Cyndi, so glad the felines are getting back to normal "whatever their normal is"! I've never quite figured out cats but they seem to do OK without me.

I just came in from outside where things smell wonderful. My white plum is wafting out bursts of fragrance like one of those motion-activated room fresheners. Just lovely!

We have a 60% chance of rain today so I hope to get some seeds into the raised bed. The regular (ground level) garden needs cleanup and tilling before planting. That won't be for a while as clay soil just can't be tilled when wet. I will plant the perennials I bought yesterday and let Mother Nature water them in.

I was grumpy yesterday but am over it today. A bit of retail therapy helped as did nearly finishing a baby quilt for my neighbour. It's a very traditional one rather than my usual wild colours and I'm glad. Their new house is really old - 1834 - and it will work perfectly there. Later this week I am going over there with them to see if I can identify old perennials in what's left of the garden.

So...a rum cake to make for tomorrow night, some seeds to plant, money to sort and bank from the spaghetti dinner and maybe a couple of loads of laundry. I think my day will be full.

How does yours look over your coffee cup?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Fluffy! Hope the dentist visit is quick, painless and not mega-bucks.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmm, rum cake. A slice of that would go so nice with my coffee right now. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I'm glad you're feeling more optimistic today, Ruth. I wish you were here to share this coffee with me. Jake even said he could tolerate having you around.

Fluffymama, good luck at the dentist. You'll feel better once the tooth is fixed, though.

Cyndi, I'm glad peace reins in the kitty kingdom again!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-04-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - coffee is awesome, thanks! Corian...so jealous. We went with regular laminate when we remodeled, just to keep costs down. Maybe someday? Post pics!

Cyndi - glad the kitty is feeling better! It's funny, I'm very lucky...I have four, and they're RARELY sick. Phew.

Fluffy - good luck at the dentist today!

Ruth - glad today is a better emotional day for you. I tried quilting years ago (in college), and just didn't get into it. I'd love to try again. I need some kind of therapy!

Me- ahhhh, so good to be back. I don't miss the south at all for many reasons I can and can't list . First off, this spring air smells FABULOUS here, and it is a glorious morning!

I ate quite poorly this weekend, although I knew I would. The good thing is, it always puts me in the mood to eat well. Physically, I start getting digestive problems after a few days of poor food, and mentally, I just can't wait to get back to better stuff. I'm fantasizing about some of my salads with celery, onion, and colored pepper in it. Now, I just have to get to the grocery store!!

Have a great day!

Heidi - so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for you and your family.

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-04-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - New counters sound great! We have Corian and really like it but I know everyone else around me aspires to granite. Corian is much easier to maintain.

Cyndi - I think animals really do sense that! Glad he is better.

Fluffymama - Great job on the 20 pounds! A date sounds great. I have not been to Red Lobster but surely there is some plain grilled fish there you could have with a salad.

Ruth - Sounds busy. Have a great one.

Twynn - Isn't it amazing how eating healthy most of the time makes our bodies react that way to the bad stuff!?

So I ate great the whole time my DH was gone and when he hit the door I hit the pantry. Again, all OP foods but tons. Hmmm. It always starts with a post-dinner grain (crackers or bread) for "dessert" so I guess I need to just stop that totally for a while until I get back on track.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Linda! I'll take a cup of coffee! Yum! Corian sounds wonderful.. I would love to redo my countertop some day. Have a nice morning with Jake around.

Cyndi, glad to hear it's calmed down at home!

Fluffymamma, have a great Mothers morning out! I know how much you need a night out. What I try to remember when preplanning a choice is that right now I want to be thinner more than I want to eat yucky food. Perhaps if you get the nutrition info on the Alfredo you will really want to make a better choice since you are on such a great streak with your weight loss. Good luck at the dentist!

Ruth, I can smell your tree from here! I hope you get your seeds and perennials in today. Busy Busy!!

Twynn, glad you made it home safe. Glad your kitties stay healthy!

Karen, glad your DH made it home safe and sound. Good job on the cracker vigilance!

Me, getting things done early and now I may lie down for a bit. My usual, bike, pool, garden. Not much new except we're on the two week countdown to Kirk's Alaska trip. I am having some frustrations and am trying to work on a good outlet!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!!

So, I woke up to the sounds of my hubby waking my kids to get ready for school. My kids get up at 630 and hubby usually leaves the house at 430 so I woke up really confused since my alarm is suppose to go off at 5. Hubby hid my alarm so I could sleep in and was planning on getting the kids completly ready and taken to school. He said he would have woke me up at 730. That was nice of him, but I feel behind!! LOL

It has really been raining here the last two days. I guess we are in a flash flood warning. I don't live near any water so I don't think it will affect us.

Debbie Hugs!!!

Karen ugghh about the snacking!!

Cyndi Glad the kitties are happy again! My doggies get irritated with each and we have to put "someone" in time out when that happens. Joey is like an old man he is 6 yrs old and Lola the lab is about a year old. So she annoys the tar out of him.

Ruth and Linda Have a great day.

Tammie
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Gotta jump!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #12  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around, I had a crazy busy/fun weekend followed by a ton of studying. I have a Math test, Chem test, and English paper all due this week so I won't have a lot of time to post.

Hope you all have a wonderful week on the beach!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Good news! Hubby got a job! Starts work with the USDA after completing security clearance which can take a couple weeks. Making quite a bit less money, but I'm making up some of the difference by working more. He's ready for a lower pressure environment (8am-4:30pm), no long evenings & weekend work. Seems like I can't get on here very often with working more and planning graduation activities for DS. Oh, I splurged & bought a new computer. I'm loving my new fast machine. Ate terrible last weekend again, so back to Phase I this week.
Closed Thread