Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Default Rock Stars....MAY

Hi All,

I am sore and happy from doing yardwork for about 16 hours this weekend.....my quads and butt are feeling it more than when I do squats/lunges! We got so much done, how satisfying.

I am plugging along, need to weigh myself soon and report on some progress. Until then, I am working on upping my running and lifting weights. I have been trying to really watch eating, and am seeing some results from that--clothes fitting better, feeling lighter, etc.

May is here.....summer is close! Dig in and kick it up in preparation for warm weather!!

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/238/175

Height: 5'9"

I too have bunches of yardwork to do. I love that its finally May.
mmiller2829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #3  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Warm and Windy Today

I got up late this morning but still managed to meet my personal trainer on-time. We went for a 3 mile jog and worked on ab exercises afterwards. The wind really picked up as I walked home. Jogging outdoors is so much more enjoyable than running around indoors. We saw some newly born goslings this morning. They were so fluffy and little. I thought the wind was going to blow them away.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Thanks for the support

Rockstars,

Thanks for the thoughts/prayers. I have been doing a ton of internet research and have a list of question for my doctor. More scared and anxious now, just want it over with and want to get the pathology report back.

Giving myself some space to just live, sleep, eat, breathe right now and am not overly concerned with the scale--thanks for that advice.

Im focused on continuing my vitamins, walking every day, drinking all my water and getting all of my rest. That is all I can do right now.

Very very proud of all of you, keeping up with the exercise and meeting with your personal trainer! Yah! Rockstars!

*keeping my chin up*
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #5  

This was a frustrating week. I bumped up the exercise working out twice a day several days. Eating what I thought was well. Trying to push it harder before I go on vacation at the end of the month. Going to Florida, beach and all. I thought for sure I would at least be out of the 190's. I gained and lost the same stinkin lb all week. I know don't weigh yourself everyday, it will happen......I am saying all the mantra';s in my head but it still sucks. I really wanted to be down to 180 by our trip. Don't think that is going to happen.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #6  

Default Gotta Love Colorado: Snow In May :)

Well, it's been cold and wet with the snow today. More expected tomorrow. I ran my 3 miles today on an indoor track. I meet with my personal trainer tomorrow morning for some low impact cardio and extensive stretching. The Colfax Marathon is on Sunday and today was the last day of jogging. I plan on doing some nice long walks until race day. I've been told my leg of the marathon will be about 5 miles long. I'm trying to lose every ounce possible before the race. Friday, I will be compiling a new playlist for my mp3 player. It will, of course, have Pink's "So What" on it.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #7  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I love finding different ways of getting excercise It's so much more rewarding that jogging on a treadmill
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avezy44 View Post
I love finding different ways of getting excercise It's so much more rewarding that jogging on a treadmill
I know exactly what you mean. The last time I was on a treadmill, I literally felt like a hamster on a wheel.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Talking Update

Rockstars--I almost couldn't find you all! What happened to our thread? lol

Just an update, I had my surgery the end of May. Everything went well and I got my results last week. They got all of the cancer and my margins were free and clear!

The last 3 weeks have been about recouperating, getting my stamina back, and getting back to work.

Now that I am back on my feet, with a couple of extra pounds from all the sleeping and laying down all day (284) I am ready to get back on the right track. My boyfriend and I are starting the C25k plan tonight. (I wanted to start it before I was diaganosed). There is a cancer run that I want to do in Sept.

So I think part of the reason our thread pooped out is besides our diet and exercise report, we aren't really "sharing" anything! I want to get to know you all. So besides recovering from stage 0 cervical cancer, I also went ring shopping this past weekend with my boyfriend. Good things to share!

Ok now everyone else's turn.
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

So I am a newbie and just getting into all of this! What is the Rock Star thread all about?!?!

LaughingGirl, I am so glad to hear you that you are doing well and you are recovering from your surgery!!!
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote