Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Got a call at 4 a.m. from my hubby ! He will be home tomorrow instead of wednesday ! I am so excited . Can't wait to see him . Everyone keep up the good work !
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Got a call at 4 a.m. from my hubby ! He will be home tomorrow instead of wednesday ! I am so excited . Can't wait to see him . Everyone keep up the good work !
Woohoo!!! That is so exciting!! Doing the happy dance for you
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

I am excited for you, have a great time with hubby!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #394  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
WOOO HOOO!!!!!

You go, so EXCITING!!!

I can only imagine the look on his face when he sees you! WOW, can you get someone to take a picture? hehehe

sending you hugs and smiles!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #395  

Good Going!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #396  

Isn't this such a fun part....trying on clothes we never thought we'd fit into again and presto....sometimes TOO BIG!! Gotta love IP
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #397  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
oh wow! THIS IS SO GREAT!!! Don't be too busy to be able to check in with us and give us his reaction!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #398  

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3274047]Thank you! My coach is pretty stern about how the plan goes. I don't know anything about lengths of time. I just know he doesn't intend me to transition to phase 2 until I reach my goal. You are right about the differences between phases 1 and 2 though. I would love to have even 1 restricted but I feel guilty when I add just a tablespoon of tomatoes too a salad! I thought for my sanity, I might request to stay in phase 2 while I lose the last 20. At least I have the advantage of having 2 normal meals a day. Maybe it isn't an advantage I don't know. Maybe living off packets and salads is easier! Truthfully, most of my weight came off the first 3 or 4 months. In the past 6 weeks I have only lost 13 pounds. I say only, and I am grateful but, I will be on this quite awhile longer as things move along slowly.

The packets are convenient but my friend cooks a lot of lean turkey patties (I like the Kirkland Turkey Patties in the frozen food section at Costco), lean ground beef, chicken breasts, etc. in advance, freezes them so they're ready to go.

It's easy to boil a couple dozen eggs, grab 4 hard-boiled eggs and eat 1 and the whites of the remaining 3 w/ yummy sea salt. She has lost more in the past 2 weeks since giving up the coach b/c he was stressing her out and not wanting to allow any room for alternative anything! She felt that 120 days was too long to stay on full restrictions. I'm amazed at how she's still losing pounds and inches having put herself on phase 2.

I'm kind of following the guidelines she used in phase 1 but can't afford all IP so have found EAS, real eggs, and other items to substitute for the $$$$ IP stuff. I have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks and feel pretty good. We're both staying away from the New Life Styles and Lindora products that have aspartame and / or HFCS. We have also found that 3-4 oz of canned tuna is a good IP packet replacement comparable in calories, carbs, fat, but it's real food!!!! With a couple leaves of romaine, it's very satisfying! I just know that by the time IP products were purchased (and the TAX really added up, too) and she spent gas $$$ to and from a stressful "coaching" session, she realized she had spent enough after 90 days and could manage almost better on her own. She's still losing inches, she's saving gas and IP $$, travel time to and from "coaching" sessions that were not healthy for her.

I think the "keeping of sanity" is so important, too! I saw a couple others posting comments about IP not really addressing the "emotional / mental" aspect of dieting. I know the 1/4 bar each AM is enough to keep me sane at this point and I am losing pounds and inches.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #399  

Talked to Linda L. with New Lifestyles Diet and she informed me that the ready-to-drink shakes are all on backorder; that NLD isn't even taking orders for them right now. If you look at the SHOP portion of their website, they even removed the RTD tab for now. She said to watch the website; that NLD is hopeful that they will be able to take orders for the ready to drink shakes by mid to late May. Also, for those of you who have ordered these New Lifestyles Diet RTD shakes: is the nutritional content / analysis exactly the same as the IDEAL PROTEIN nutritional content? Linda said she's had consumers tell her that the packaging is identical except IP's has IDEAL PROTEIN printed on it and NLD's has NEW LIFESTYLE DIET printed on it. So, final ? is: Are the nutritional content and ingredient list identical?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Weigh in today .... I lost 4 lbs ! My husband will be home in less than 24 hours . My stomache is in knots Im so excited . Feel like a teenager going on my first date . I dont think Ill sleep much tonight .
Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #401  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Weigh in today .... I lost 4 lbs ! My husband will be home in less than 24 hours . My stomache is in knots Im so excited . Feel like a teenager going on my first date . I dont think Ill sleep much tonight .
So excited for you. He is going to be amazed at the change in you. Can't wait to hear his reaction.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #402  

Don't forget to move over to new link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...3-may-9-a.html
Closed Thread