Default LAWL F&L May3-9

Hey all

Happy Monday! Just opening the thread...catch you later
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Just checking in to say hi. I had a great weekend. I got lots of exercise in and ate really healthy meals. I am feeling great even though I only down a few pounds. At least the scale is moving the right direction!!!
Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Horrible weekend...big party at my place...lots of leftovers...up 1/2 pound this morning....onwards and upwards from here I guess!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Here we go...another week is here already. I had a great week and pretty good weekend. Stayed on program and feeling good about it. The weekends are hard for me. There is a lot of structure during the week and the weekends aren't. So, I have decided that I work best with structure so I have to get the weekends on track with that. I haven't figured out how, yet..but, will work on it. Good luck Joan and MJ I hope someday I can get to maintenance like you!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Afternoon..It is Monday and I am still down 3 pounds. I hope to loose some this week too. I think Friday will be my personal weigh in day. My friend who I am dieting with has lost like 12 pounds in 3 weeks however I do know it has a lot to do with her diabetes and insulin pills. I have not cheated any, I am proud of that. I do feel deprived a little and wish I was no so food obsesssed. I know my biggest problem has been and will be that I use food for comfort. I have to get over that. I need to eat when hungry and only eat healthy until I get my body back on track. I do think I will increase my protein a little as I am feeling week. Also any ideas on vitamins?
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #6  
Joan

OMG I just joined an 8 week boot camp. It starts tomorrow. I am scared but I cant wait. This is just what I need! It outside and its rain or snow!! Guess what the forecast is for tomorrow.....a snow storm with wind gusts...yippee

Joan
Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #7  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey girls

I had an okay weekend...it was rainy so haven't been outside much. That gave me chance to do some healthy cooking and made some healthy desserts as well .

Joan- great job...keep it rolling!

MC- Did u host an NHL party ? The 1/2 lb is most probably water retention that comes with party food. Don't worry it will pass just drink more for next couple of days.Another way to cleanse yourself...do a TO!

Marie- Good to hear you are doing so well!You will be doing maintenance in no time . Look at the weekends as reward-time for the hard work during the week...just don't over-compensate

Amy- It might be the difference in your weight and body type. If your friend has more lbs to lose than you surely she would lose faster.
Protein is really helpful to curb cravings. Try to eat a big breakfast in the morning that would keep you full until lunch.
Jillian Michaels wrote this ultimate diet book called " Master Your Metabolism". She suggests that every woman should take multi-vitamin, calcium and fish oil supplements to maintain a healthy body.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

MJ - I have that book, I don't think I finished reading it, though - I'll have to fish it out.

Same old, same old here. Crazy busy - between school and other stuff I've gotten myself into...I need to learn to say "No". Seriously. N...O...

WI will be Thursday AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Hey MJ, it was a party for my MIL, birthday and retirement....I really tried to stay OP, I avoided all the chips and stuff that was out, but my portions were totally off because I didn't weigh...oh well, onwards and upwards from here.

Now that DH is out of town again it will be much easier to stay OP...I can plan meals for my kids and just eat what I have planned...no one suggesting unhealthy choices!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MC, You will likely see the half pound disappear in no time. Sometimes having a bit of a higher calorie day is good for maintaining your metaoblism anymore. As long as it is not too bad or too often, it is all good. Got to keep your metabolims rolling along to keep the weight loss going.

Amy, Good that you have the support of a friend to diet with. If I can stop myself and ask if what I want is a healthy choice or am I sabotaging what I really want with eating that, it helps me stop being a child about food... Which sometime I am such a baby about not getting my sweets. I get this real "but why can't I have it" whine in my head and all good reason is lost. If I can substitute the thought that I chose to not eat it because it is unhealthy, somehow I don't feel as deprived. So stop and ask yourself if eating it is a healthy behaviour or self destructive. Since when I tell that whiney baby fat girl voice in my head that she is a self destructive child, she shuts up for a while.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #11  
Joan

Feeling awesome today. Walked in the flipping snow and wind last night for 45 minutes. My stomach and my inner thighs are disappearing and I am so excited. I think me exercising has been so sucessful even though its just walking. I have 7 more pounds to go before the end of the month. I really want to be 160 for my sons grad and I am at 167 right now. I can taste success!!!
Water has been a huge factor as well. I bring a huge water bottle to work with me every day. I make sure that I drink two full bottles a day before I go home.
Its funny how a few changes can really make a difference. I may not be losing all my weight yet but the inches are coming off!!!
Have an awesome day!

Joan
Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Yay! Joan! Doesn't it feel good! I'm still not POP on the coffee versus water issue. They got us pedometers at work and we are having a challenge to walk 10,000 steps a day, which turns out is a lot more than I normally do. Spin class does not exactly register all that well (I think it does great when you are standing and pedaling but when you sit and spin it tends to not register that you've done much). Anyway, this is getting me moving more, although my feet are hurting me. I know if I lose a few more pounds that the feet will be so much happier, as just even 10 pounds can make a world of difference in that.

Hope everyone has a POP weekend.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #13  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Kim- That book is a jewel...finish it whenever you get a chance. My weight loss is more consistent since I have in taken some ideas from the book and combined with my plan.

MC- Hope you are back OP!

Barbara- Have you tried dark chocolate with 70% + cocoa? It really works for me.I have been off sweets for a long long time. But I need 1-2 small DC squares almost daily and occasionally poached fruits with custard...and then I am okay.

Joan- Yay!