Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Breaking through plateau

I'm so frustrated right now. I've been at a serious plateau for the last 3 weeks and I just can't seem to crack it. I'm really hoping that adding Jillian Michaels 30DS to my regimen will help me out.

Did any of you deal w/a plateau, and if so, how long did it take you to break through before you were seeing consistent losses on the scale again?
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #2  
not a quitter

S/C/G: 255/155/130

Height: 5'5

Default stuck also

I can relate, I have been flat for almost 2 months. I have taken my calories up, down and sideways (while exercising longer and harder), I seem to be incapable of losing weight right now. I'm seeing a nutritionist this month in hopes of receiving useful advice. I guess all we can do is keep at it and hope something will kick in.
platinumbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

Don't panic or give up - just stick to your routine, exercise and eat right and the weight will come off. The closer I get to my goal, the longer my plateaus, but I stick to my routine and I've just had a woosh of weight loss after weeks and weeks at the same number. Don't give up!!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am the queen of plateaus and stalls! I've been calling them "stalls" more here lately. And I am also the queen of being on plan! The only pattern I have seen is that I tend to lose big one week and then nothing for 3-4 weeks. Case in point, I lost 7 pounds in a week and a half in April and haven't seen a drop since April 12th. That's three weeks.

Currently, I'm adding a second breakfast. I'm going to try eating a banana and half a handful of nuts BEFORE I work out because normally I do not eat before I work out.

I have also noticed that heavy exercise stalls my progress, BUT I lose dress sizes along the way. I urge you to find something other than the scale to focus on. There are days I am able to look at the scale objectively and even have a good laugh with it. Today is not one of those days. Today I've finally reached the "Ok already" stage.

You just have to keep going. Who knows but that today is the day your body decides to give it up, so you can't quit on it. If you are on plan, there's nothing else you can do. As long as you're honest with yourself about your plan, it will work.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks guys. I'm totally on plan and I'm on track w/exercising as well. I guess I'm just going to have to have a contest w/the scale to see who can stand their ground the longest (I know I'm going to win). I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully I can break through this rut that I'm in.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #6  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Hopeful8 - Now that's a great attitude. keep doing what you are doing and the scale will eventually follow along.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

As of Sunday I officially broke through my first real plateau..... ! So I know the feeling of doing everything you can and still not losing. It's frustrating to say the least.

Do you count calories? I ask because what helped me start losing again was calorie cycling. I eat a certain number of calories each day, and they vary from high to low each day. Theres lots of info on the web if you wanna check it out Here's a link to the calculator I used: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#

I didn't follow what it said, but I used it as an example and made my own plan. Good luck & stay strong - patience is the key to paradise!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote