Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Red face My Weight Loss Journey: Support needed to stay on track!

Hello all I have been inspired to do this by randomcards since his tracking seems to be doing him lots of good (well done by the way if you're reading this!)

About Me
Well I'm a 19y.o. girl living in the UK. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and right now I'm just completely fed up with failed attempts at dieting and letting food completely rule my life!! Change must happen NOW!

I have managed to lose weight once before but that was when I was around 13 and for some reason I found it fairly easy and once I put my mind to it the weight just flew off! I went from around 10st (140lbs) to 8st (112lbs). I managed to maintain between 112 and 119 for around 2 years, then the weight began to gradually creep back on. I'd reach 126 and be a bit bummed for a while...then get used to that weight and stay there for a while and then it would start again....slowly creeping until I am where I am now at 11st 12 (166). I think in the beginning I was just growing up and developing but I know that in the last couple of years I've not been good with food at all. In this time I've been in a stable relationship which, I believe, has played a major role, giving me a false sense of security because the boyfriend doesn't seem to bother how much I weigh (although thinking about it he probably cares a great deal as it greatly affects my mood and general happiness).

So now is the time for change. This time feels so different, I only started on Sunday but I've already resisted so much temptation. Any support and other stories would be much appreciated, I love to hear about how others are doing, it gives me so much inspiration

Goals
1. Reach 150-152 for a day at the races on 19th June
Reward: new dress

2. Reach 140-145 for holiday to Turkey on 26th July
Reward: new bikini & summer clothes

3. Reach 135-138 by my birthday on 23rd September
Reward:?????

4. Reach 120-126 by Christmas 2010
Reward: Shopping spree!!!

5. Maintain between 120 and 126 into the new year and many years to come!

As you can see I plan to do this at a steady pace, hopefully this way I can maintain in the future!

Today

Been to the gym today for a short-ish workout (about 1 hour of cardio). Tried out the stair stepper for the first time...what an excellent leg workout!!! I'm a pear shape and have rather large thighs so that machine will get lots of use I think! I'm also trying to do the "couch to 5k" iphone app on the treadmill, putting the gradient up a little to mimick real running more accurately. I'll let you know how that goes!

I've eaten my lovely fruit n fibre for breakfast (yum!) Trying to do smaller portion sizes over everything since I often go wrong there. Planned my food for the day so everything looks good :O)

Any comments welcome

Last edited by jynx; 04-30-2010 at 05:34 AM.
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #2  

Haha, thanks for the shoutout...

Looks good, I wish you the best of luck.

You'll have days where you are really motivated to do well, track everything, and be good. And days where it seems impossible to stay on plan. Keep your focus up at all times and ride the rollercoaster.

Your goals look pretty reasonable to me.

What's caused you to fail in the past and how are you hoping to avoid those pitfalls this time?
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #3  

I don't really know what caused me to fail, I think I did the old trick of "I'm at my goal, I'm not on a diet any more" Oh dear.... :S I never acknowledged the life-long commitment it takes.

I also know exactly what you mean about feeling motivated and then falling off the wagon, I've been there so many times , however, I've done it once and I shall do it again!

You mentioned in your posts also about how you can't let yourself have just one of something...because it will turn into 10...well I'm exactly the same and it's something that needs cracking!

Thanks for the reply anyway and well done with your weight loss
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #4  

Well, good week this week, have lost 4lbs in total (yay!), been the the gym and have entered a 5k run for charity so that gives me something real to aim for. I know that if I don't train and work at being able to run 5k solid I will make a fool of myself in front of everyone :P

I know weight loss will slow down but I shall keep going
Old 05-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jynx View Post
Well, good week this week, have lost 4lbs in total (yay!), been the the gym and have entered a 5k run for charity so that gives me something real to aim for. I know that if I don't train and work at being able to run 5k solid I will make a fool of myself in front of everyone :P

I know weight loss will slow down but I shall keep going
That's right, because it's a lifetime commitment, like you said. And when you're in it for life, it doesn't matter when the weight comes off, because if you continue on, no stopping, it WILL come off. It'll have no choice!

How wonderful to institute a healthy way of living at such a young age. I commend you and look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:54 AM   #6  

Eeeeeeeeeee! 3lbs down on the gym scales this morning, and that's after a banana (lol not that it makes that much difference). Soooo excited! That means I'm now 162, 6lbs down from start yay Also, on week 4 of C25K, ran 2x 3 mins and 2x 5 mins today It didn't even kill me which I thought it would. Happy face Anyone else feel successful today? I'm guessing Monday is common weighing-in day lol