Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Operation 5-10 (or more) for the summer!

The last thread was nearing 500 posts and getting long, so I figured it was time for a new thread. Who needs to drop some pounds to get into their swimsuits? Everyone is welcome to join in, whether you've got 5lbs or 50lbs to lose or re-lose!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #2  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm in! Though I am kind of putting the weight loss efforts on hold until after my half marathon in 2 weeks. It's easy to maintain but way too difficult to try and lose while training. I'd love to lose another 5-10 lbs though by the time my high school reunion rolls around at the end of July.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks. Head in the sand, you know. But I would like to drop a few pounds before our family vacation to a dude ranch in Wyoming in July.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hi guys, I am here and corseted

Ward, I love the idea of a dude ranch. Have always wanted to go.
Jess, thx for the summer edition. Summer scale watch for me has been either a motivating or ennervating time, depending on my mood/weight status. Count me in for motivating today

have a good one, all!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

I would certainly like to get back down to 115ish...so need to lose 4 or 5 pounds, probably. Would just like to be a little lighter for the summer, when we wear less clothing and show more skin!
dilynnlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

It is almost bathing suit time -

My actual weight right now (132) is acceptable for me, but since I haven't been working out it just isn't distributed the way I want it anymore! I'd like to be back in the 120's (125-128, my "perfect" weight) and re-build some muscle tone.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Fat pants, did you already do a half marathon or is that what you're working for right now? I did one last winter (in Arizona, so it wasn't freezing!) and it was so empowering for me - even though I walked a lot of it. I definitely want to do it again this year, maybe without all the walking! Good luck to you!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #8  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
Fat pants, did you already do a half marathon or is that what you're working for right now? I did one last winter (in Arizona, so it wasn't freezing!) and it was so empowering for me - even though I walked a lot of it. I definitely want to do it again this year, maybe without all the walking! Good luck to you!
I have not! It is two weeks from this Sunday - May 16th. I am really excited.. I think I'll probably walk some of it too (well, I KNOW I will), but just to be able to get out there and complete 13 miles and to think where I was a year ago... very empowering, as you said!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #9  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

KC - that's a medical-type corset-thingy rather than an outre/ fashion statement? Glad to see you here.

I'm trying to get back on track. It's been a month, all told. I've put together a week's menus (not all fab choices but others eat here too). Knowing what's to be made each night will stop me losing the will to live & eating a couple of marmalade sandwiches. (Yes, it's been like that.)

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-30-2010 at 04:49 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Silver, I would love to wear a corset/bustier outre fashion piece but haven't the nerve. Yes, it is a medical thingy, makes me both more and less comfortable (mostly more).

Hello and welcome/welcome back to fat pants, dilynnlew and iris!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #11  
No description available.

Marmalade sandwiches would be one of those things I could eat half a dozen of without blinking and still be hungry....

Welcome to the thread, Iris, Dilynn, and FatPants. FatPants, I showed my DD your signature yesterday. She's a runner and she liked it a lot. Hi, Ward! Kitty, glad to see you!

THanks for starting the new thread, Jessica. At first I was a little depressed by it....just cause it's the 4th incarnation of this thread and it started last summer when I was fed up with Paris weight gain sticking through the summer. I believe I was 166, then. Maybe 164.? I was 167 yesterday morning. Anyway, my inclination is to be depressed and frustrated with myself. But when I think about it, I'm maintaining and I haven't gained any more, so even though I still want to get down to the 150s, I'm not back up to my high weight either....or even close. I'm still here kicking. I've had fluctuations but they haven't stuck past a few OP days.

Last night we brought dinner in. I got my veggies and my protein and ate part of my son's burrito. Other than that, yesterday was POP and it was my only meal not OP since Monday. So that was my "free" meal for the week and now I'm back to regularly scheduled meals. This concept has worked well for me in the past.

I've realized I'm a bit of an emotional trainwreck at the moment. Lots of things...DD's graduation coming up, this is her last week of high school track, DS is changing schools next year, DD#2 is changing schools next year, our neighbor's dog (who DD watches when he goes out of town) died, and I feel a little frozen, weepy, and overwhelmed. DH has been so incredibly sucked into his own final school projects that I feel like a single mother right now. He graduates 2 weeks from today. I really like the quote "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." I'm tying the knot, cause that's all I can do right now. Everything will be okay, it's just hard right this second with everything changing faster than I can take a deep breath. Sorry for the whining guys....

Things I CAN control: my food, getting in a run today, cleaning part of the house. Have a good day, ladies!

Last edited by midwife; 05-01-2010 at 10:52 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #12  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all, I'm here, need to be here on the latest incarnation of this thread! I could use a good kick in the pants to get back onto the scale. I have been eating healthy things but in too big portions, and been getting to the gym but not often enough.

Midwife, like you I was thinking about when we first started this thread. I'm not where I hoped to be but like you I'm trying to recognize the progress I have made. I have lost a few pounds (if I get back on the scale I'll figure out exactly how many!), I haven't gained beyond that high point last summer. And lots of to get you through this emotionally stressful time. Like you said, sometimes all we can do is focus on the things we can control.

Fat Pants, how exciting! GL on your half in two weeks. I'll be rooting for you!

Hi everyone else! Good luck to us all! We can do it!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Yup, I'll do this again. Somewhere between 5-10 pounds sounds really good. I have Atlanta coming up in 3 weeks (holy cow!) - and then I'm going to get serious about doing the kind of work that takes off fat. One would think that eating 1500-1700 calories, and swimming (lots) would have done that ... but it really didn't. I'm a "skinny fat person" - and one of the first things I want to do is spend the bucks and find out just how much of me is fat versus muscle. It's the engineering mind - I crave more data ...
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Count me into the group as well. I'm on the lose 5 pounds track. I truly don't know if I need to lose 5 pounds of fat or whether I'm still have edema from my tummy tuck. I can feel the swelling quite easily but I don't think I can convince myself anymore that it is all water. I'm hopeful that the 5 pounds is half water and only half fat. But regardless, I need to reign in my munching monster. As rockinrobin has on her signature, you can't wail at the scale if you cheat when you eat. I'm thinking I've been cheating a little and that little has added a couple pounds.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #15  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

My so NOT wanting to be posting in this thread tells me that I really, really need to post in this thread.

I got down to 141 last July & August, afer moving to my new apartment, which is just two blocks from the gym I'd joined. I started taking yoga, Pilates & a circuit-training class reguarly. My arms & stomach started looking much better. But I put on eight pounds gradually, and I cannot keep kidding myself with believing it's all muscle. I will not be adding more activity to do this. (Except to return to what I was doing, once I recover from my elbow & wrist injuries.) My exercise has not been this regular & intense for years. So I have to think it's due to portion creep & more snacking.

All right, so I'm here. I said I'd do this. I'm accountable now. I have to do it. [Through gritted teeth.] I do not want that scale to creep any further.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote