Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Avoiding the scale til goal...should I do it?

So I don't even know if it's possible to do this, but I'd like to avoid the scale until I feel like I've hit my "goal". As of right now I'm 14 to 24lbs away from goal. My goal being 1) at a normal BMI = 148lbs 2) at a point where my two stomachs are one or as close to one as I can get and 3) a size 8 which will probably happen at 138 lbs. 1 and 2 are my must have goals, number 3 isn't as important to me. I'm a 12 now and I think a 10 would probably be good enough. In fact, 2 is that important either as long as I can pull off the clothes I want. So anyway, I'd like ME to tell me when it's time to stop and not the scale. Although since normal BMI can only come with a scale number that's a little tough. What is also tough is that I'm now a daily weigher, it keeps me on track and is motivating when the numbers drop, but so frustrating when they stick or creep up durning TOM and whatnot. This week I've been only weighing every couple days because it's TOM and I've felt a lot less stressed out about the whole thing. So anyway I thought I start with a goal of not weighing again for as long as I can stand it, what do you think? Anyone else want to join the challenge?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #2  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hmm...I don't know, I'm like you, I use the scale for motivation, but it does get frustrating. I think by weighing in, you will know if you are staying on track or floating away from your goal, in my opinion. I only weigh in once a week, instead of every few days now, and this seems to be less aggrivating and my weight doesn't differ as much. I weigh first thing each Monday morning when I get up. Maybe just try weighing in once a week and see if that helps alleviate some of your frustrations. In my opinion, if you leave out the scale all together until you feel you've reached your goal, you may get off track and not even know it. I hope this helps. Good luck.
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote