Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 05:19 PM   #1  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Smile Last Hurdle

Whew. I had my pre-admission testing done today. I can hardly believe that next week at this time I should be recovering in my room upstairs (I work in the hospital) connected to my MORPHINE PUMP (ABSOLUTELY) and all of the other hoses and stuff that will protrude from orifices and places that should never be exposed!

It was shocking to actually have gone through this - me. Only me. I did it by myself. I never had anyone to come with me (except all of you! ((((HUGS))))) ... DH was working or with the kids. He recently told me that he fully expected me to give up somewhere in the middle - when I was challenged. But I have finally done it ... everything is ready for next Friday. However, I keep having the same 'fear' that I am going to get a cold and it is going to be cancelled. Every morning I wake up and cough or sneeze --- I think oh no this is it! But so far - so good. I am trying to avoid all children with runny noses - but this one particular adorable 2 year old germ catcher that stays at my house keeps following me and calling me mommy --- imagine? LOL

I am nervous about the actual surgery - and just want to be on the other side - A BIG LOSER. :O)

I am remaining positive - though trying to get everything caught up at work - and train the 4 people that will be covering my job-( Hey shouldn't I get 4 salaries then?) anyway - stress has set in. I actually enjoy the soy protein drink - (chocolate) ... so I guess everything is in place.

Any sisterly advice would be appreciated AND if you must use the 'mother' voice feel free to do that also.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:22 PM   #2  

You won't get the mother voice from me unless you have markers in your hand and are morphing into godzilla at the same time!

Seriously, though, I am only now able to appreciate how much work goes into getting to the point where you have a surgery date. It is easy to give up and you have stuck with it and gone the distance. It takes alot of guts. ( I guess that is kind of a freudean slip of sorts )

Prazn, I wish you continued courage and good health through out the days ahead. I pray that all things go smoothly for you.

Is there someone around who would be able to post for you to let us know that all went ok? We tend to worry.....um....alot!

Many Blessings to you...and know that if you feel a bit of pressure on your shoulder...it's just us chicks hanging in there right with you.

peach
Old 01-31-2003, 07:04 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

prazn...it's time to just kind of FLOAT. make sure you have your stuff: the chicken and beef broth, pads, lots of SF, bubble-free, caffeine-free liquids [face it, water gets boring], tomato soup [for a little while at least and you can melt some cheese into if for the protein], sugar free popsicles, chewable vitamins [yes, you can use flintstones, although i have centrum rugrats at the moment]

someone else will clean the litterbox, right? and you've arranged for the tiny people in your house to be fed and washed and put to bed...

think happy thoughts. the people at the hospital where you work will take good care of you. as for the actual surgery, you won't be aware of it! so try not to think about it. they'll sedate you and wheel you in, and that's the last thing you'll know until you wake up in pain with your wonderful morphine pump.

in a way, it might be a good thing that you've done this all by yourself. you KNOW that all this is the right decision for you, and that you and you alone made it.

keep posting before you go... we can at least make you giggle!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:34 PM   #4  

OH...congratulations! I am so jealous! My initial appt. is on Tues, Feb 4 and I am SO EXCITED! I wish I could have surgery tomorrow! (well, maybe the day after tomorrow so I could visit my friends, Burger King, Wendy, and Long John to name a few!)

Good luck! God Bless!
Patty
Old 02-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #5  

Congratulations! Before my surgery I used Zicam and plenty of Vitamin C to ward off colds (also the Vitamin C helps the post surgery healing process). It helped a lot.

I can't believe it is almost 4 weeks since my surgery. I am 22 lbs down as of today. Yippee!!!

See you on the losing side!
Closed Thread