Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/210/140

Height: 5'4

Default "Don't be afraid of any food," it said...

When I read this on some website, I was stunned. I realized I had been afraid of so many foods for so long. Frightened of rice, afraid of pasta, terrified of potatoes! For so many years, I have tried to keep those things out of my daily intake, and when I ate them, I "had fallen off the wagon."

Then I realized how important those foods should be. But the healthy kinds. I started to incorporate wild rice/brown rice and whole grain pasta into my diet. AMAZING! I have not been hungry. Imagine that! I am down 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm, for the first time ever, changing my lifestyle and not just dieting.

My husband is obviously amazed, (though he hasn't said anything) that I don't finish my dinner, and that I take smaller portions then he. I feel like a different person. I know it's only been two weeks of this, but I feel a change. I AM BEING SUCCESSFUL
beansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #2  
No description available.

Fantastic! Congrats and Welcome to 3FC!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Very cool... It's good that you are taking charge and feeling good about yourself.

I know what you mean... I have found myself getting afraid of eating in general. I know it is not a healthy way to think and so I have to catch myself and stop my freakouts.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

It's great that you've had a revelation that can help you out! For me, it was 'it's actually possible FOR ME to lose weight'. Once I figured that out, I was on the way! Personally, I have to admit I've not given up eating anything I like, I just make sure I compensate for it when I have it. If I thought I'd never eat stuff like cheesecake, fries, etc again, I think I'd totally give up!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote