Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #16  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

My rule is: a little loose and I really like it--keep.
Way too big--out it goes no matter how much I like it.

That has saved me from a relapse a couple of times.

I wish I had saved a pair of really big pants though. I keep hoping I'll find a box I stuffed away but I think I was too excited about tossing way back when.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Thank you all for the good advice. I am one of those that gauges my weight by how my clothes fit. When closthes get tight, I realize that I need to get serious about my healthy eating again. I have had a big range of clothing sizes in my drawers and storage for many years, because I have had 4 children and needed various sizes over the course of gaining pregnancy weight a losing it. What I found was I would get back to my pre-regnancy weight but then regain and just move back into my bigger clothes - taking them out of storage as needed. I wouldn't ever stop and diet again until I reached my largest clothing size. Once I hit that size, I would go back to exercise and dieting.

So this time I have indeed given away everything. I have also purchased many new pieces, so I feel trully invested in my size. I am still 5 lbs above where I want to be so once I get to my goal weight I will have this 5 lb. wiggle room.

Because of how I operate, I trully feel this was the best decision for me. The bigger clothes were giving me "permission" to re-gain. We do not have much money at all, and do buy most clothes at thrift stores and garage sales, so I know I will not go out and buy bigger clothes again. Before I bought them out of necessity due to pregnancies. I will check in and let you all know how this works for me.

Thanks again for all the great advice.
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #18  
Workin' It

I got rid of all of my bigger clothes, bought a bunch of sixes when I reached goal and then settled into a 4 after losing a little more and some strength training increases. You might find the same thing as you settle down. I do still have my size six pants, have been slowly replacing them, and I find loose pants easier to handle than loose tops.

I find great deals at Kohl's, and actually, Target. Ross's is good as well - I got all of my exercise clothes there.

I covet a new pair of fabulous jeans, they are next on my list.

Congrats on the loss, and sounds like you made a good choice for you on the clothes!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You can get jeans and capris at Kohl's at a reasonable price. Lee's , Levi's, Gloria Vanderbilt, Dockers as well as other brands.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

I personally got rid of all my "big clothes". I don't even want them around, so there is no way to fit back into them!
I now wear 4's and some 2's, and small tops...preferably petite sizes, since they fit me better all around. I do have a couple pairs of size 6 pants that I can make do with a belt, so those are staying. But all bigger sizes I sold at a garage sale, and then the rest went to the goodwill.
Speaking of goodwill...I have found some great new clothes for me there. Most recently a new looking pair of jeans that were from Talbot's, size 2 petite!!!!b Cost me $4.99!
dilynnlew is offline   Reply With Quote