Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default Long Term Goals!

How about a little game to help keep us motivated? Post your long-term goals or "dreams" of what you want to do or buy once you've achieved your weight loss goal:

I have several, but here are some:

Once I'm out of the 200's, I want to book an appointment at the fanciest spa around for an hour long massage! (no worrying about all that back fat!)

My ultimate long-term goal is to go zip lining in either Hawaii or Costa Rica jungle without worrying that I won't fit in the harness or be too heavy.

There's a start. How about you?
ksb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #2  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs on IP... and get rid of the forever fat mentality! I started IP back in August and am almost there... and still find it hard every day, every hour! My mini-goals are:
New pair of shoe at 150lbs: done by April 17th!
Facial at 140lbs to celebrate normal BMI range!
130 lbs - a new bathing suit!
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Great idea!
Right now, my goal is to weigh less than my uber fit husband, and to wear a dress with color. Not just black, brown or navy blue that might (but never really did) hide my bulges. Oh yes... I would love a dress with color!
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs on IP... and get rid of the forever fat mentality! I started IP back in August and am almost there... and still find it hard every day, every hour! My mini-goals are:
New pair of shoe at 150lbs: done by April 17th!
Facial at 140lbs to celebrate normal BMI range!
130 lbs - a new bathing suit!
Good goals and nice to see that you've already managed to cross one off your list. What kind of shoes did you get?

I love facials, too but it's been the one indulgence I've allowed myself even though I'm not happy with my weight - at least you stay covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Great idea!
Right now, my goal is to weigh less than my uber fit husband, and to wear a dress with color. Not just black, brown or navy blue that might (but never really did) hide my bulges. Oh yes... I would love a dress with color!
I hear you on the color thing - my closet is all black right now!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #5  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

I want to be a fit and healthy role model for my 18-month old daughter. (Biggest Goal)

I want to see my husband look at my the way he did 5 years ago, before I gained weight.

For me, I want to be healthy, confident and HAVE FUN shopping again. I want to buy what is cute, not what will hide my problem areas. I also want to be light enough to work out and have more fun doing it because I am not packing around an extra 40 pounds of me that I don't need.

When I hit goal...I have a $150 spa certificate waiting for me, which equates to a facial and hot rock massage. I can't wait!
FlourishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

My mini goals:

at 160 - facial and mani/pedi at favorite spa

at 150 - spray tan and new bathing suit

at 140 - Resize my watch and a massage

at 130 - Photos and new clothes

LONG TERM:

When my mom died I got her 30th wedding anniversary ring. Beautiful! But, not easily sized because of the band. They tell me it is easier to size down than up so, my goal is to be able to wear her ring. I can get it on now but I don't trust that I won't swell through summer so, I am hoping losing the last 30 to 40 pounds will give me that last bit of change to make it work!

Scuba, Surfing, Volleyball, Tennis and weight training all back on the table! I miss running. (Use to be a cross country runner in high school and did track and field - sprint events, relays, discus and shot put.) Generally looking forward to everything that is hard to do at 115 pounds overweight.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

What fun!!

My first goal is to weigh less than my hubby and boy am I closing in on him, only 5 lbs to go!! I will have him in no more than 2 weeks!!

When I reach 215, I plan to get a massage.

When I reach 200, I am going to get an herbal body wrap to help get my fat cells all squished together. (for some reason this is fascinanting to me)

When I reach 190, almost my goal, I am going to get a huge tattoo, a back piece. It will be a portrait of my daughters that I have always wanted but have been too worried how loosing and gaining weight will affect the look.

When I reach my goal of 180-185, I would like to get all dressed up in wedding clothes and get pictures of my hubby and I so I can actually hang a wedding looking picture up on the wall. As it is, I don't like how I looked in the ones we had taken so did not even order one to hang on the wall.

I know I will be treating myself to many new wardrobes along the way and look forward to bringing in the new and packing out the old! The funny thing is I dream of fitting a size 16 so I always chuckle when I see some of you wishing to be out of a size 10. I am currently a size 22, but will soon be shopping for 20s so I do not have droopy drawers!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

My 1st goal is to get out of the 180's forever.
My 2nd goal at 165lbs get a glorious hot rock massage.
My 3rd goal at 140lbs get my wedding rings re-sized. They are already feeling to big and I've only have lost 11lbs. Gotta love it!!
csdclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #9  
Started IP 7-14-11

S/C/G: 280/197.2/160

Height: 5'8"

I am going to post my ultimate goal.

My starting weight: 274.4
My current weight: 264.0 at week 1
My ultimate goal is to be at 145. My husband and I never went on a honeymoon (we've been married 14 years) , so when I hit my goal, I'm buying a hot swimsuit and going somewhere tropical!
futureskinnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5'10"

My ultimate goal is to maintain my goal weight, which as of today is 173. I will give myself wiggle room - I can vary between 170-175, but no higher.

When I reach my goal, I'm going to Victoria's Secret and getting all new undies. I know that sounds lame, but I'm really excited about it.
Hockey Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Oh.... I have another one.....wearing boots...sassy boots, that will actually fit around my calf

Hockey Not lame at all..me too

Motiv8edmama I would love...I mean love to have new wedding photos too.
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Oh.... I have another one.....wearing boots...sassy boots, that will actually fit around my calf

Hockey Not lame at all..me too

Motiv8edmama I would love...I mean love to have new wedding photos too.
ME TOO! I haven't been able to wear a pair of nice, sexy calf high boots in probably 15 years. My calves were as big as 19.5" around. Now they are just a smidge under 16". I sure would love to get down to a 12" or 13" size again.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
My ultimate goal is to maintain my goal weight, which as of today is 173. I will give myself wiggle room - I can vary between 170-175, but no higher.

When I reach my goal, I'm going to Victoria's Secret and getting all new undies. I know that sounds lame, but I'm really excited about it.
Not lame at all! I can't remember the last time I had "cute" undies, not just cotton "granny panties". Some new bras too perhaps?

I want to buy clothes in real stores - no more Lane Bryant or Avenue or picking through the Women's department anymore!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Generally looking forward to everything that is hard to do at 115 pounds overweight.

Ditto!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #15  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

You know what? I agree on the boots!

I LOVE boots and got me a pair of racy thigh high boots and then realized they don't fit cause of my calves??? what??? I had NEVER thought of that!

I have not tried again but will keep you posted
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote