Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Maintaining Since Last Summer

Hi fellow maintainers,
I lost around 40 pounds last year, starting at 156 and getting down to my low of 114. I really feel most comfortable at around 115-116, but in the last couple of months my weight has gone up and settled in around 119. I don't feel like I have changed my eating habits (maybe gotten a little lax), and I work out several days a week. I do feel like maybe I have developed some more muscle, since I do some strength training. So, anyway, I have been maintaining since last July, with a range of 115-120ish...but feel best at the lower end of that range.
I have come here for support with maintaining, which is hard on other sites. It all seems to be about the loss and not keeping it off. I would also welcome new ideas for exercise and eating. So, I am ready to start exploring this wonderful site to see what it has to offer...and maybe I can offer some advice and support back to some of you!
Di
dilynnlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #2  
Meg

Hi Di and !

We're so glad you found us here! We have a weekly chat thread that is a great way to get to know people. And everyone is free to start threads on any topic of interest. We're looking forward to getting to know you better!

And congratulations on your successful maintenance!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #3  

Thanks, Meg!
I am looking forward to exploring on here...now if I can just find some much needed time to do so!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #4  
Workin' It

Di! I'm so glad to see you here!

There is always room for more support! I love the other forum that we're on, but you are right that there isn't as strong a maintainers community. 3FC has been fantastically helpful to me during the maintenance process, and I hope it is helpful to you as well.

Definitely check out the weekly chat and get to know everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Di! Congrats on your loss and maintenance!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Di! I'm so glad to see you here!

There is always room for more support! I love the other forum that we're on, but you are right that there isn't as strong a maintainers community. 3FC has been fantastically helpful to me during the maintenance process, and I hope it is helpful to you as well.

Definitely check out the weekly chat and get to know everyone!
Hi Shannon!!! I made it here, at last! I did briefly look at the weekly chat thread....it was very overwhelming, to say the least!

THanks to all for the warm welcomes!!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #7  
Meg

Just jump in and get your feet wet.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #8  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilynnlew View Post
I did briefly look at the weekly chat thread....it was very overwhelming, to say the least!
It was overwhelming to me the first time I read it, too. I remember I asked in the thread if it was okay to post there.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote