Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #1  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Default Ugh!

I knew it was bad, I've seen what the scale has to say. But my goodness, I got around to taking my "before" photos a few minutes ago(Which seems so silly, since "after" seems so rediculously far off!), and just... EW!

I took one from front, back, and both sides. These will be awesome to have when this journey is over, sure... But right now, I just wish I could delete them and pretend they never existed! But I can't. Or I can, and I won't let myself!

Tomorrow marks one week of my weight loss adventures(at least this time around!), and I'm anxious to see what the scale has to say to me. I admit I've been doing daily weigh ins, because we keep the scale in the laundry room which is conveniently located right next to my bedroom... And it's just SO darn convenient!!! Plus I like reminding myself why I'm working like I am. And why I decided to change my life! But anyway. I've been weighing in this whole week and I keep on watching the number go down a little bit each day. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can really make it count! I want those tickers in my signature to move! I only have them set where they are so I could remember which number to change...

But anyway. Back to the point. Before pictures... GROSS!!!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I don't like pictures of me at all!

Just take those pictures and tuck them away. For now, that ticker is better.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #3  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I have some hideous before pictures too - just in my underwear. They are hidden away in a secret file on my computer that I hope NOONE will ever find.

I'm excited about my "after" pictures already! Even though it's a looooooooong way off....
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I took before pictures...I actually took them 10lbs in, and I really wish I'd taken them when I first started because I lost a lot of bloat and water weight. I took them in my cutest matching pair of bra/panties that now fall off me. Like I said, I had lost 10lbs and I already thought I looked a lot better. Psshhaw, no comparison to how I look now, haha.

Trust me, you'll be glad you took them! I guarantee you that at least once on your weight loss journey, maybe 50lbs from now, you'll think "I look the exact same as I did when I started!" And we can all remind you to look at your before pictures, and you'll be able to see how far you've come. It'll give you a major boost. Plus, when you're at goal, you'll get to see before and after pictures side by side and be proud of your accomplishment
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #5  
Transforming through God

You'll be glad you took them. I have big fat before pics on my website with the head cut off (link in siggie if you're interested) but then I began doing video blogs so any anonymity has gone right out the window and it is for the world to see lol

I don't care though. I am not proud of my obesity but I am proud I am taking control of my life -- and the thought of everyone being in shock and awe when I am at goal helps motivate me

Last edited by MyBestYear; 04-28-2010 at 08:56 AM.
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Don't get discouraged! In just a few short months, you will be sooooo happy you took those "before" pictures. It's important to have record of where we've been so we can clearly see how far we've come.

You're one week into your weightloss journey, and right now the amount of weight and amount of time may seem daunting, but it will go by faster than you think. The first week or two are always the hardest. Once you drop that first 10 lbs, your eating plan will become more second nature to you. Before you know it, you'll have dropped 20, then 30 and 40 lbs! Just keep up the good work! You'll be looking back at those "before" photos and feeling all sorts of pride :-)

Last edited by Danielle2842; 04-28-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

My before pictures are from my works Christmas party and they are posted on Facebook!
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I can relate to what you are saying- I just got back from a wedding where there were lots of pictures and I saw myself in them and I am like OMG! I think the other chicks are right though - I'll be glad I took them. They are my motivation! Let them spur you on to motivate you towards your weight loss goals!

You can lose this weight, we can all do this together
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

I always look at my before pictures when I wanna eat something bad. Like "You are NOT going back to that missy."

I keep them in this private pictures app in my phone. Lol, you have to go through two passwords to get to them.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #10  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Thanks guys! I know I'll be glad I took them, it's just looking at them now that sucks! It's okay though, because I have no intentions of looking at them for a good long while!

I am pleased to report that I did my weigh-in this morning... And I've lost 6LBS! Which I realize is probably almost all water weight. BUT HEY. It still counts!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote