Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Cool Preventing Sabotage with the Munchies

This weekend was probably the worst binge eating weekend in my recent memory, where I gained about 3 lbs in 2 days. I binged on taco bell Friday, and then on "healthier snacks" Saturday. I just get so hungry (well, everything just tastes amazing), and can't stop myself.

So my question is how do you guys curb your munchies? I've tried just stocking up on healthy snacks, but it doesn't help when I eat 5 portions worth.

any input is appreciated!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #2  
Jamieelise

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'8

I totally feel you. I buy those 100 calorie packs and then eat like 5 in one sitting, lol.

Now I am trying to eat healthier snacks, like fruits and veggies. When I have a craving for something naughty, I eat one WW brownie or chocolate cake.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

For after school I have some fruit or yogurt. I normally exercise after school, too, but I need snack to hold me over until dinner. I've been eating greek yogurt sometimes as a snack and if I mix it with my fruit it tastes pretty good. For after dinner I've got to have dessert. I actually got that one from one of the mods (I do believe) on here after reading her before/after story. Sometimes it's yogurt (red velvet cake yogurt? Well I'm there!) or sometimes it's a little single serving smart ones dessert. It's not exactly nutritious but it's yummy and low-calorie.
The eating part is hard, in the beginning I would constantly go over because I felt like I "needed" this that and the other thing but now I'm a lot better about it, especially during the week. Weekends are tough, I'm with you there, but they're not all that different from weekdays.
The thing with those little 100 calorie packs are they're just a small portion of all those good snacks. They're small as small can be and there's not a lot in there which is why I would often eat almost all of them. Now if I can make it to the end of the day, I get my dessert.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #4  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

I have the massive food consumption problem too. There are a few things I do. I drink coffee or I have room temperature water with half a lemon. Something else that always works for me too, I do sit ups and then have a glass of water. If I feel like eating even though I've already ate I do that and my apatite goes away. I don't have the urge to eat anything for awhile after that just in time for me to eat again. ^_^ It's worth a shot.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by migotokokoro View Post
I have the massive food consumption problem too. There are a few things I do. I drink coffee or I have room temperature water with half a lemon. Something else that always works for me too, I do sit ups and then have a glass of water. If I feel like eating even though I've already ate I do that and my apatite goes away. I don't have the urge to eat anything for awhile after that just in time for me to eat again. ^_^ It's worth a shot.

thanks, i'll totally try that advice. I always try filling up on lemon water, its so tasty, but doing exercise in combination with that is something i haven't experimented with yet. Idk, weight loss is just so overwhelming sometimes.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieelise View Post

Now I am trying to eat healthier snacks, like fruits and veggies. When I have a craving for something naughty, I eat one WW brownie or chocolate cake.

that's a great idea, thx! I am trying to eat more veggies and fruits, and i woulnd't feel so guilty eating massive amounts of them.

btw, you are so pretty!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I eat large meals...because I can't graze at work (i work in a grocery store), I get the most bang for my calorie buck by eating large quantities of low calorie food. Season it well without overdoing it on salt. How hungry do you think you'd be after eating a veggie loaded hummus wrap with two cups of mixed veggies for lunch?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Ha ha I can totally relate to your overdoing the healthy snacks. I have decided that cheese sticks are not part of my dietary vocabulary anymore. I would buy a package of the light ones. Only like 60 calories a piece. But then I'd eat five or six! You do the math! I have found that some otherwise healthy snacks tend o be set off Some foods I have decided to never have at home, but will eat only in restaurants with people. It's too embarrassing to shovel 6 cheese sticks in your mouth around friends and the public! I still split an unhealthy appetizer from time to time. But I no longer buy spinach and artichoke dip tubs and have them at home. As far as stopping the crazy snack binges? Something I'm still working on. Distracting myself helps alot though. In an un food related way .
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #9  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

One thing I've tried that seems to work is to make serving size baggies when I bring things home from the grocery store. I can buy healthy snacks, like granola or cheese sticks or nuts or roasted garbanzo beans, but then I could eat the whole thing. So I divide them up into little baggies right when I get home so that I don't eat the whole bag.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #10  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I've just discovered this section of the forum, and I am so glad I did! I have just started my weight loss plan, but I get the munchies bad. What I do is budget my calories for the day. I eat very light for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I have one "large" meal (usually 300-400 calories) for later. Budgeting for when I am at my most hungry helps me to keep track of what I am eating and stay within my goal ranges.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #11  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I try to keep my protein and carb balance with every meal, even snacks. It helps me to feel full and I eat less. I also almost always have veggies or fruit with every meal, including snacks. The volume of food that you get with fruits and veggies (especially veggies) helps to fill you up. So, if I want some pretzels I can have them, no problem, I just also have to have a bit of light cheese or chicken breast and some broccoli or something.
Closed Thread