Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #1  
Happy and someday healthy

S/C/G: 255/246.5/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Breakfast ideas for someone that hates breakfast

One of my main struggles when losing weight finding breakfast foods that I enjoy. Eggs make me feel queasy and I'm not a cereal person, I so load up on fruits and yogurt only to get bored early on.

Anyone else have trouble finding breakfast foods they enjoy? Anyone eat lunch foods for breakfast?
Staci816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Yes! I make a ham sandwich for breakfast a lot. Or sometimes I'll have a portion of last nights dinner. you don't have to eat what society deems appropriate "breakfast foods" calories are calories!

Last edited by Shytowngal; 04-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Oatmeal? English muffins with laughing cow cheese? By all means, if you don't want to eat traditional 'breakfast foods', eat leftovers with protein that fit in to your calorie count. Leftover homemade pizza is one of my favorites. So is a turkey and cheese rollup if I'm running late.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I am better at eating breakfast than I've ever been in my life but having said that there are days when a protien shake is about all I can do. I keep them in the fridge so they are handy. Great for those really early workout mornings. Not too heavy on the tummy. And they're tasty--lots of flavors to choose!

If you don't like the idea of a protein shake then you could make a smoothie (I'd add some protein powder).

Have anything you want for breakfast, calories are calories. Enjoy!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I'm not much on savory things for breakfast. I do like to make this breakfast sandwich occasionally, though. I've posted it elsewhere so sorry if it's a duplicate idea for you.

1 High Fiber Oroweat English Muffin, split
3 slices Hillshire Farms ultra-thin sliced smoked ham
1 slice 2% american cheese

Make a sandwich out of it, micro for about 20-25 secs. YUM! And 220 calories.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

green smoothie:
spinach
ice
tomato juice
garlic
cayenne pepper

blender
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I'm not a big breakfast person myself. I've gotten into the habit lately though of eating some hard boiled eggs with some fruit or something.

I've eaten left overs, yogurt, sandwiches, etc. Anything that's in the fridge is really fair game when it comes to breakfast in the mornings. As long as it's not too fattening I'll grab it. My favorite breakfast lately has been a few eggs with a few pieces of leftover popcorn chicken. Tastes pretty good together.
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #8  

When I am having one of those mornings where food does not appeal, I do fruit whirled in the blender with ice (berries or melon) and sip that until mid or later morning (the fruit drink seems to activate the appetite). If I am on the go I really enjoy the new Subway low cal breakfast sammies with a light wheat english muffin, egg white "patty", think slice of ham, bit of cheese and you can add veggie as desired. Toasted please. The nutritional info says 150 to 200 cal (2 to 4 WW pts) and it is real food. That tides me over for hours.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

If I workout before breakfast I often would prefer a sandwich or a bean burrito for breakfast than anything breakfasty. I'll also do any kind of leftover. If you dont like breakfast foods, dont eat them. The only tough part is when you are traveling.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #10  
Post-It Junkie

S/C/G: Starting: 195 / Current 195

Height: 5'2

I don't like breakfast either - mostly because my body just isn't awake enough to be hungry yet, but I find that if I don't eat something anyway I'm too hungry later on and over eat...

eating non-breakfast foods is a great idea as others have said if it's just breakfast foods you don't like

other ideas for lighter meals if you just aren't awake yet:

fiber one bar or cliff bar (Il like the kids cliff bars because they are smaller and softer) with soy or almond milk and fruit

smoothie!! (try one with fruit and kale for max energy and nutrients I swear you taste only the fruit!)

smoothie with oats in it for max staying power
Lola Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 445/232/210

Height: 5'8

I like my breakfasts savory. I find something too sweet in the morning makes me feel ill.

Yes, I'm a fan of non-traditional breakfasts such as:

homemade soup (lentil vegetable or any other bean based soup)
mock tuna salad (google it for various recipes) with lettuce/tomato on a thin.
cottage cheese on sourdough bread with a slice of raw onion & tomato (again!). a heavy dosing of pepper helps.
flavored almonds & soy milk (weird!)
also a big fan for eating hummus sandwiches for brekkie.

I will also eat leftovers, and sort of hobble together a piecemeal breafkast.
dumplingtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Yes! I make a ham sandwich for breakfast a lot. Or sometimes I'll have a portion of last nights dinner. you don't have to eat what society deems appropriate "breakfast foods" calories are calories!
Just wanted to say ditto to this. I don't aways eat breakfast for breakfast. My boyfriend laughs at me for eating sandwiches, veggie burgers, left overs - eat whatever you want!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

I went on a bus tour of Europe one time, and at the hotels in Holland and Germany the breakfast buffet always had cold cuts and cheese. So if you like a savory breakfast, a deli sandwich might be up your alley. (I wonder why we think of certain foods, such as cereal and fried stuff, as breakfast fare anyway?)
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #14  
Happy and someday healthy

S/C/G: 255/246.5/170

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for the fantastic ideas, folks...can't wait to try some of them!!!
Staci816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Sometimes I have a savory Japanese style breakfast of Miso Soup with or without rice and maybe a piece of fish or vegetables. Doesn't this seem far from our perception of breakfast? Yet it is really satisfying when breakfast foods don't cut it, and really easy to make.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote