Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Default LAWL Friends and losers April 18-24

Where has everyone gone?? I was on LAWL about a year ago and this thread was so active and was a great support. Well, here I am back again. I started going back to the center about a month ago. I have lost a little but it is slow for me. However, every diet seems slow for me. As I get older it is just harder. I am not going to give in to weight gain! So, come on everyone let's do this together!!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Good Morning Marie, yes this site is definitely not as active as a year ago. I still pop by once in a while but not as much as I used to.
I was really inspired on this site by a few key people. It seems that losing weight and talking about your feelings is so much easier on here than with your friends at home.
I started over a year ago and was 176 pounds. I got down to I think 160 but never kept at it. Today I am at 168 and still plugging away. The weather has been really nice and with me having a little puppy, it encourages me to walk with her outside which is my plan for the whole week. I just came back from California and loved the weather there. I kept thinking that if I lived there, I would have to be outside everyday because its so awesome! Oh, and there is a fast food joint on every corner there...I would have to excercise for sure if I lived there!!!!
Setting small goals is so important I think.
Anyways, have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi Marie! Hi Joan!

Good to see here.I stop by every couple of days. i guess some of us got bored with this site...too busy...or don't have enough motivation.

i used to check in everyday for the weekly chatter thread mainly. Chatting with girls here about day-to-day life, offering support, cheering on would help me sneak in some relaxation in my busy schedule and make me smile.

Honestly...these days there is no chatter... the only few people usually here are either looking for answers or plans and not really interested in chatting.While i would like to help people with their problems, I used to be here for chatting and i really do not have time to answer all the questions.

Take care n have a great week!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #4  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies.. I haven't posted in a while because I started doing calorie counting instead. So I have been over there a lot trying to figure it out. I did LA several years ago and was successful, but I just couldn't get back into it again.

Seemed harder this time around than before. I don't feel like I can cook meals on my own without the cookbook and felt restricted. I dunno... right now I am debating what I want to do.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello friends
Wow......I haven't been around too much lately...........so sad to see this group come to an end. I have been coming here since my oldest DD turned 16......and she is almost 20 now!!!! Keep the faith girls.......everyone will be back eventually..........and new faces will join.

I have not been doing LAWL, but have started doing a very low calorie diet. I won't get into the details, but it seems to be working out for me at this time. I am not giving up...........I turn 40 this year, and I am really determined to get my health in order.

Ok, must get kids to bed...........but I will check in again soon
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hi guys - I have stopped by occasionally, but there were no threads, and I wasn't sure if there was anyone around to read one if I started it!

MJ - I understand what you are saying. There are so many questions, and as much as I know that this site if for help with support AND the program, I don't have any updated materials, so I let others answer that stuff. So much has changed since I joined that I don't want to give conflicting info. I just follow the plan as I have it. (Ha - like I've been following any plan - now that's funny)

Actually, I am back on the horse, or wagon, whatever you want to call it. Vacation is over, I have managed to lose what I gained there, so I am continuing on. I made it back to the gym yesterday, after taking one week after my trip off. How is it that I can get out of shape in 2.5 weeks? I was struggling through the weight class, and I had lower weights than normal. So dissapointing.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #7  
Joan

Today is a beautiful day. It's time to get the capris and warm weather clothes out again. The good news is that my clothes from last summer still fit me!!! I went walking last night for just under an hour and it was awesome. My plan is to do it again tonight. My DH wants me to work out with him at home in the basement but when its so sunny outside, its hard for me to resist the outdoors
Anyways, I am loving life right now. I think sunshine does that to me!!!
Have an awesome day everyone!!!!

Joan
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just wanted to say HI! and that i'm still here!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/218/140

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to 3 fat chicks and this thread. I did LAWL about 6 years ago and would like to get back with it. I have been reading the other threads and read where the LAWL is closing. I did loose the weight kept it off for a while then switched jobs, got married, gained a 16yo step son and quite smoking all in about 4 months. Anyway, is this a program that I can do without the clinics? If it is it would be great if I could get as much info and support I can get. I copied the take off program from another thread and want to start is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Debbie
dja140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

Good morning everyone! It was nice to see there are some LAWL friends still around. I asked my counselor at the center where I go here in East Texas about centers closing. She said she has heard people talk about that before. She thinks the centers that closed were 'franchises' and she said the one where I go in not a franchise. I don't understand that...I would think every center would be part of a franchise???? Anyway, she says her boss owns 3 centers and they are very busy and no where close to going under.
MJ - I understand what you are saying...however, I am willing to help anyone who needs any information. Not everyone has a center available and not everyone can afford it. For me, if I didn't go it wouldn't work for me. I have to be accountable to someone and this worked for me before. I just hope it works for me this time and that I stick with it long enough to reach maintenance. Everyone have a great day...stay on program...and we will reach our goal together!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #11  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone,
I'm still here too just calorie counting or estimating. It seems to be working just as well as LAWL for me and it's easier to stay on top of. Weighed this morning and I'm at 145, really happy about that. Mt initial goal was to be at 130 but not so sure about that now. I'm thinking 140 will be great since I'm 5'7 and I really like my body now except for thr stomach area. I have always had sort of a pot belly but not really sure how to make it go away. I hate hate hate sit ups! Any suggestions? Seriously my entire body is now a 6 except for the waist so I have to wear an 8.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Hi All

Great to see that the team is back

Kelli - Do you have the LAWl cookbook? You can get it cheap from ebay and that book really got me started on healthy cooking.

Nicole - I think every decade is something special...20's were awesome...when I hit the 30's mark couple of years ago it was liberating ...40's should be something great too!

Kim- Missed you! On getting back to shape note...I have a wedding to attend Mid-June and I must get a few pounds off by then and hopefully the loose hanging skin too...ew,gross!

Debbie,Marie- Keep up the good work!

Arkantana- Exercise is the only solution I can think of. I had the same problem hanging skin and tunmmy...then I tried Shred and started Yoga...it helped me fit into "size 4" finally!

Have a great day everyone...and lets keep it rolling
Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

MJ - your stats are AMAZING!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #14  
Yoga-addict

thnx Marie
Btw....has anyone read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels?It is an amazing book. LAWL plan tells you what to do...but that book gives you the science behind it. A must read for any one trying to lose or maintain!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #15  
Joan

I agree Mj, your stats are amazing. I wish I had your drive and will power!