Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #1  
Transforming through God

Default An Obese Woman's Worst Nightmare lol

Well, perhaps that is a bit dramatic lol Jennieloveskisses asked in this thread whether or not anyone chronicled their weight loss journey on youtube... well that inspired me to make a video... of a candle and me talking. Me talking, candle burning, no me on camera.

Then last night I prayed about it and today I made a video of myself... not my whole body (let's work up to that) but my face at least. Like, out there. Saying MY WEIGHT... on CAMERA. Whew.

Anyway, it is on my blog, I would love it if anyone wants to check it out...

www.FeedingTheTemple.com
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #2  

Good for you!
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #3  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

MyBestYear, I just came back from flipping through your blog! You are an inspiration, and I love the set up you have there!!

Loved the Video That took a lot of courage, but I think once you reach your goal you'll be glad you did it.
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #4  
Transforming through God

Thanks so much

I feel sort of exposed now but I guess I'll get over that... it isn't like I posted a nude video or something ....now that *would* be a nightmare, for myself and viewers haha. jk lol
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I admire your courage.

I'm very open and candid about my weight and weight loss journey, even with strangers if they ask. I briefly considered vlogging, but when I saw the profanely disrespectful comments on weight loss vlogs (or even on non-weight related vlogs. I was shocked and horrified to see women demonstrating craft techniques like knitting or dollmaking getting slammed for their weight - and god forbid they demonstrate a recipe).

As confident as I think I am, I don't think I could open myself up to that kind of criticism. I'm not afraid to confront a face-to-face verbal assault, but I think I'd obsess for days over online negative commentary.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #6  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I think its wonderful you decided to put your self out there. I'm right there with you and I support you 100% I can't imagine how scary it must be, like i said in that tread I'm not ready to broadcast myself to so many people like that, and I also admire your courage. I added you and subscribed!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

You spoke with intelligence, honesty and courage - nicely done!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #8  
I love trails!

S/C/G: 225/224/140

Height: 5'7"

I think it's great! And I agree with what you have to say. Somehow we think that people don't already know that we are fat when they look at us. You are very brave for working through your fears and putting yourself out there. I know if I were your daughter I would be proud of what you are doing!

Last edited by Snuggler888; 04-19-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Snuggler888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #9  
Transforming through God

Thanks! I agree kaplods, I have comments disabled without approval, so I won't be publishing anything negative. If I saw negative comments and they got to me, I would just disable them all together. I don't need that hate in my life even though I know 100% that hateful comments come from people who hate themselves (and don't really hate me) -- it still stings!

Thanks for the support ladies