Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
saltymama57

S/C/G: 295/290/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm 53 and trying to lose all this weight I gained up!

Hello.

I'm Deb and I'm a 53-year-old widowed mom of 3. I just turned 53 this past April 13, 2010. NOPE! It was NOT Friday the 13th when I was born either although I wish it had been. SIGH! My mother says it was, I think, on a Saturday when I was born. My two oldest are grown and living their own lives and my youngest is 13 and, of course, still with me. I was widowed on January 29, 2003 and I have remained single ever since. While I have always struggled with my weight, I think my husband's death just triggered some stupid self-destruct thing within my head and I just gave up. I did not care anymore about anything and I just started eating, I think, to block the pain of my husband's death. Who knows? Anyway, the way I see it, is that I did this to myself so I need to do something to lose all this weight I gained up as a result. Anyway, that's why I'm here and I have also found out, much to my chagrin, that being over 50, this blasted weight is NOT coming off as easily as when I was in my 20's and 30's! Oh well! Let the journey begin....

Deb
saltymama57 is offline   Reply With Quote