Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #1  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Default How the heck do you drink that much water?!

I have issues with drinking water, I don't drink sodas often (once a week maybe and I only take a few sips before I can't handle anymore) and I stay away from juices, but I KNOW I don't drink enough water. I borrowed one of my boyfriend's water bottles which has a measurement system on it for ouches and mL and it goes up to 32ounces.

I only drank one bottles worth of water so far today and UGH I feel sick...lol and I'm suppose to at least drink 2 bottles worth? How do you guys do it?

I don't use crystal light, but I do use the walmart brand which is a lot cheaper and low in calories. I was thinking maybe I can drink one bottle of that and then one bottle of reg water?
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

A glass of water before every meal and snack. It keeps me from eating too much because my tummy is full of water.

I don't see a problem with using crystal light to help get your water in.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

I drink 8 ounces every hour that I'm up--and of course sometimes I don't remember. So it comes out to maybe 60 ounces.

An 8-ounce glass isn't very much, considering how big drinks you buy can be. It's about 6 swallows.

Other beverages do count toward your total--but in my opinion plain water is the best. I drink other beverages in addition.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Well it helps me that I keep a bottle next to me at all times. I have a mini fridge in my room with only diet green tea (zero cals ) and water.

So I won't contribute to filling up landfills, every time I finish a bottle, I refill it, put it back in the fridge and grab another and just make sure the bottle is by me at all times.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I do the same ~ 1/2 to one cup at a time. I try to have some before meals and with my vitamins. My plan calls for one before and after exercising too. I always put a bottle on my side table at night and drink some whenever I wake up. I am also refilling my bottles now too; and we keep several in the fridge to chill as well. I also have some tea at least twice a day too.

You can add some lemon or lime; some crystal-lite or even a small amount of pure cranberry or other juice to your water to make it taste better.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieLovesKisses View Post
I don't use crystal light, but I do use the walmart brand which is a lot cheaper and low in calories. I was thinking maybe I can drink one bottle of that and then one bottle of reg water?
I use those too,but I only half per bottle of water...otherwise they are way to sweet for me,but I still get flavor.It also makes them last longer and I get more water in that way.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I'm terrible about drinking water. Some days I don't drink any at all. This is one of my habits that I have to break so I'm with you there! I really need to start taking my bottle to work and drinking it. My major weakness is soda. I drink way too much of it. I'm trying to cut back to two a day but it's hard. It's one of my worst habits. But I can do it I know I can!
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #8  
I need to loose 28 pounds

S/C/G: 185/173/146.5

Height: 5.8´

what i do is put some crystal light in it, no the whole package just a bit, and
i drink the little bottle without thinking. Also I have heard about buying a nice bottle with a straw, I like that because when you zip, you dont notice you are drinking a lot, and you dont ruin the lipstick...I looooove diet rite, I hate it in the beggining but I love all the zeros in the nutrition facts. Also try to drink the water natural temp, when u drink it cold is not as easy, hope it helps

Bless
mmccurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #9  
155LBS LOST

Thank you everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoritsa View Post
I use those too,but I only half per bottle of water...otherwise they are way to sweet for me,but I still get flavor.It also makes them last longer and I get more water in that way.
I also only use half, a little goes a long way with this brand lol
Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #10  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm not a soda drinker, or juice or anything (except alcohol and coffee), besides water, so that aspect isn't a problem for me, but getting the quantity in can be. I try to drink 12 cups per day minimum. I drink a full pint water bottle after I weigh in the morning, before I exercise. Then I drink another during/after exercise--before I go down and have my coffee.

If I'm working at home, I have a pint glass (my favorite ceramic cup) that I fill and drink two or three big slugs of every time I look at it while I work, and I keep track on My Fitness Pal (the online calorie counter I use). When I go in to work, I use another pint water bottle there, and I just make myself slug a lot at a time. As soon as it's empty I fill it back up. It's good for making yourself feel full--too full to want to eat, often! I only drink tap water right out of the faucet--cold water gives me a headache and belly ache.

For those of you soda drinkers, how do you feel about the Mendota Springs waters or other flavored seltzers? Or how about putting all the money you save not drinking soda or other high cal bevvies toward a goal to reward yourself when you've broken the habit?

The only thing I don't like about drinking so much water is that I can never be more than a few minutes away from a toilet. Sometimes I'm tempted to move my desk in the bathroom to work...

Last edited by LouisaH; 04-17-2010 at 11:21 PM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #11  
155LBS LOST

Yeah I pretty much stay away from soda and juices, like I said I can only handle a couple sips before I can't take it anymore. Its more the quantity of water I'm having issues with. I LOVE water...but it feels like Ive got an ocean swooshing around in my stomach! xD
Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/188/155

Height: 65"

is that diet green tea stuff good and does that count toward water intake because i cant drink all that water either
MamaofKaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #13  
155LBS LOST

Ill have to check out that green tea one too, I love green tea.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

To me it was like working out - You can only handle so much to begin with. The idea you have is a great one! That's how I started. Just work on drinking one of those every day, the worst feeling is when you feel like your belly will explode from too much water. Just slowly up it like 5 more oz a day. I seriously NEVER drank water before I started losing weight... and I'm not exaggerating. I started making a concious effort to drink more and now I'm over 100 oz every single day. Now my body craves it, lol.

I should probably add I only drink plain water, I don't like any of those flavor things.

Last edited by stargzr; 04-19-2010 at 12:49 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I use the 32 oz bottles of water and add 1 of those flavor packets. It gives the water a little bit of flavor and it's easier to drink more. I keep refilling them with my Brita faucet filter.

I've also found kool-aid has a new little fun thing. Fun Fizz is like grape, cherry or lemon aid flavored alka seltzer pellets sort of thing. They've been on sale at my local grocery so I've bought a few packages. When they go up to their regular price I'll do something else. The directions say 1 to an 8 oz glass of water but that would be way too strong for me anyway.

Good luck getting adding water to your day.

Sarah

Last edited by sarahyu; 04-19-2010 at 01:00 PM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote