General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Angry I am NOT Pregnant!!!!

Well, I must say I've never gotten this before. My boyfriend and I were out for dinner at a favorite chinese restuarant and the waitress totally thought I was pregnant!!! I ordered a bowl of chicken rice soup, so she told me as she put it down in front of me that its good for the baby! Lmao, my boyfriend looked at me after she walked away and said "did she just say what I think she said"? Yes, yes she did!! This obviously didn't make me feel good, and my bf tried to play it off that she must of thought I was pregnant because he calls me "baby" a lot, ya, righhhhhtttt. This is the second time in less than a month that someone has mentioned my weight, it's either im twice their size (my wonderful stepfather), or that I'm pregnant! Ugh, well I guess this gives me a little more motivation to lose the weight but at that point I said F*ck it, I'm eating for two lets get some chicken fingers!! Has anything like this ever happened to any of you ladies? She told me "Good Luck" as she put the bill down, and I was just waiting for her to ask when my due date was! I just want some chocolate now! Thanx for listening ladies!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #2  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

yes I have and people can be so rude but I just take it with a grain of salt and ignore stupid people, you where to nice I would have loss my cool,
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

someone did that to me, my friend got this new flat so i went to visit her, and her friends mum was round helping her move in, she turned round looked at me never even asked my name and said in an undermining voice "are you pregnant?" I actually felt like crying I was so upset that I quikly made up an excuse to leave and ran as fast as I could home I was in a bummer for ages after it which just made me eat more... I wish I couldav thought of something to make her feel as bad as she made me feel
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #4  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

well sometimes you just cant help and be mean Im so tire of being the nice fat girl you can use as a punching bag well the next time someone ask me if Im pregnant Im going to say do you know the father? jajaja
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #5  
I need to loose 28 pounds

S/C/G: 185/173/146.5

Height: 5.8´

latinhips I love your answer...so funny, I would say something like noooo I just ate a watermelon, hahah but people are stupid..I never being pregnant, but when my sister was, people would ask her are you pregnant duuuhhhh... she would smile and I say no just a little bloated. Cheer up f. them, they are going to feel worse for such an impertinent unrequested opinion.
mmccurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I don't think she meant in in a mean way -- usually people enjoying babies and are trying to congratulate you. They are assuming the best rather than the worst. I mean, I'd rather have the waitress go "Good luck on the baby!" than "Jeez you are incredibly FAT!"

But yes, it can hurt when you really aren't pregnant that people mistake you for it. I've had it happen to me.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #7  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

It did, we were living in Los Angeles and came out of a supermarket, it happened to be Mother's Day of all days, this total stranger in the parking lot, petted my belly and said, "Happy Mother's Day", i promptly patted her head and said, "Happy Village Idiot Day" and went on about my business. Funnily enough, I actually was pregnant and didn't know it. But I was like, 3 minutes pregnant for the love of asparagus!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angihas2 View Post
It did, we were living in Los Angeles and came out of a supermarket, it happened to be Mother's Day of all days, this total stranger in the parking lot, petted my belly and said, "Happy Mother's Day", i promptly patted her head and said, "Happy Village Idiot Day" and went on about my business. Funnily enough, I actually was pregnant and didn't know it. But I was like, 3 minutes pregnant for the love of asparagus!!
RIGHT when I got pregnant, people started asking me if I was. I don't know HOW they knew. I didn't even know. FWIW, I was only about 130 at the time, so I don't think it necessarily means you look bloated/heavy. I think sometimes people just *know.* If only I'd taken it as a sign! A lady at the grocery said, "It's pretty new, isn't it? When's your due date?" and my friend Greg said, "Oh my God, you're pregnant, aren't you? I know you are." within like...a month of conception? LOL
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #9  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

I have had several people say... "I did'nt know you were pregnant?" To which I always reply... "Oh, I am not. I am just fat." Mean, but it turns all the embarrassment back on them.

Last edited by Gelene; 04-18-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 312/301/125

Height: 5'3''

See? I'm soooo lucky that my double chin tells people I'm obviously just fat... Yay... Thank God for second (or third) chins *Sarcasm*
ttmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #11  

ah too funny. I know she didn't intentionally mean to hurt my feelings, and honestly, it didn't. I just didn't know I looked pregnant. And geez, I hope she doesn't have that intuition, Im definately not looking to be pregnant at this time in my life! My sister has been asked when she's due as well, and she just looks at the person and says "oh im not pregnant, im just fat", no one really knows what to say to that! lol. But, still its just a little discouraging because most people associate being pregnant with having a large belly. I'll get over it, im just hoping I don't develop my own gravitational pull!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You should have promptly ordered a margarita and lit up a cigarette and freaked her out.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
You should have promptly ordered a margarita and lit up a cigarette and freaked her out.
Lmao, that would have been HILARIOUS!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/245/157

Height: 5' 6"

When I was pregnant and thin, I was so worried that people would mistake me for being fat, that I wore a shirt that said I AM NOT FAT I AM PREGNANT. lol.

When my daughter was in kindergarten, I went to a parent conference and the teacher congratulated me on the new baby. My daughter had told her I was pregnant! This time I was really fat, but not pregnant.

It happens, and it is stupid for people to assume it. Commenting on a person's size, shape or body parts is off limits and inappropriate in my book of manners.
lavenderannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #15  
Fierce Femme

S/C/G: 185/181/120

Height: 5'4"

This still baffles me because, in my opinion, there's a big difference between how someone looks when they're pregnant, and how they look when they're overweight. And in either situation, who's business is it, anyway? Sheesh...

That being said, it happened to me once, and while it kind of sucked at the time, in retrospect it was pretty funny. Actually, I was at work, and a customer asked me, "Aren't you the girl who was pregnant? Have you had your baby yet?" I was stunned and just gave him a confused stare and stammered, "N-no..." I think it was actually more embarrassing for him than it was for me!
BeeOfTheBird is offline   Reply With Quote