Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 05:41 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking Wednesday...HuMpDaY!

Good morning!

I have been suffering from insomnia for the past 2.5 hours. I have been up since 3am and can NOT get back to sleep...so here I am!

Working this morning and then this afternnoon I have a meeting at my daughters school. She took giftedness tests last month and apparently they have the results. So, going there today to find out if my 8yo is a genious! I fully expect she will be considered just the average kid....but it was exciting for her to be nominated.

Weigh in is tonight...hoping for the best. Last night I piled the salt on my veggies....not a great day to do that right before WI....but hopefully there won't be too much damage.

Have a great OP day all!

Angie

Last edited by momof4girls; 01-29-2003 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:17 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Quick HI!

Just a quickie to say hellow to everyone.

Work has kept me busy since I've picked up more responsibilities.
I haven't even read through the latest threads - I will have to try to today.

I'm not doing great on WW, but my spirits are good. Just waiting for that moving date.

So ... what tricks of the trade get you guys "out of a funk"? What puts you (other than YOURSELF) back OP?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Talk to you soon ~
Old 01-29-2003, 10:22 AM   #3  

Hi Girls!

I am here, just lurking lately. I am going to grad school full time and working full time and being a mom/wife full time, so I am running out of time for anything else!!!! I forgot how much work school is!!!!!!!

I will try to post soon, but I am still here for you all!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 10:39 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Angie - I'm sure that any blip on the scale you see today is caused by the sodium yesterday. Don't worry about it, it won't be there next week.

Deb - not sure what to tell you about getting over the blah's - never have managed to figure it out myself - I just try to keep busy and keep a routine until I find I'm on the other side and smiling again.

Tonya - you sound so busy! Glad you poked your head in. I miss your posts!

Not much to say today....my boss is traveling along with most of the management team and I'm trying to resist the urge to play a little instead of working.

Hope that you all have a great day.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Howdy

Hi, everyone!! I really can't take a long time to post because I'm just swamped here at work...

Went to WW last night for the first time since November. I thought I'd gained 10-15 lbs, but found that I've only gained about 6, so I was halfway pleased. I would have been more pleased if I'd found that I hadn't gained any weight.

Laura--Yesterday, you asked about Aaron and I... Well, it's strange. We still kind of date, but no plans to get back together right now. I still love him a lot, but I can't deal with all of that right now. There's just too much going on.

Angie--Sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping! Hopefully you'll be so tired tonight from not sleeping that you'll fall right asleep.

Deb--Hey! Long time, no see! You asked about what puts me back on track--as of right now, going to last night's meeting helped me out immensely.

OK, I gotta get some work done. I'll try to stop back later!
Old 01-29-2003, 11:24 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey its me. Been busy at work and we are moving our entire company to a new building in a couple weeks. My office is so unorganized and I am trying to make sense of it before the move. Also, after that, I will leave on Maternity for awhile, so things need to make sense for the guy that will half-a$$ed do my job while I am gone. Well, he will do one portion of my job.

I am so tired of this building and can't wait to move. We have been here 12+ years and it keeps going downhill.

Other than that, I am tired because sleeping is getting rough. I'll try to be back later, have a yucky meeting after lunch.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone, I'm tired today - I stayed up to watch my boys TIE minnesota - evil Canucks, oh well at least we got one point, and then I had to stay up even later to do some studying. I have my midterm for anatomy and physiology tomorrow and I don't really think I'm ready. It will be a late one again tonight.
Angie - let us know how the tests turned out.
Deb - good to see you. When is moving day? I get out of funks through meetings and exercise - they both give me a bit of a kick in the behind.
Tonya - you sound so busy. make sure you have some fun every now and then.
Winter - come and play, its so much more fun than work.
Jess - good work getting back to the meetings - I should start looking for one myself. I'm such a procrastinator.
Hi Jen - I hope they don't make you do the actual moving.

OK - better get some stuff done, I'm not used to being back at work yet. I'll check in later.
KT
Old 01-29-2003, 12:51 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals!

I still have my super headache. Going on Day 4 now! Argh. Well I ate over my points last night again. The sad part is today I don't really care that much! I don't know if its this damn h.a. or b/c its TOM or if its cuz I'm tired but either way its not good. I want to care but honestly right now I don't. So far i'm doing to bad onlyu used 8 points but I have no idea what I'm eating the rest of the dayb/c I don't have anything planned 7 I don't feel like thinking about it. Isn't that terrible? Do you guys ever get like this? I hope that I only feel like this today.

Angie, good luck with WI.

Tonya, thanks for stopping by. Hope you still manage to have some time for yourself.

Laura, good to see you. Are you managing to get some work done?

Deb, glad you got a chance to stop in. I hope that you can find some motivation.

Jess, glad to hear you didn't gaina s much as you thought. Now's your chance to make that disappear.

Jen, hope you get some good sleep. Are you going to work right up until the birth?

KT, it was me talking about Joe Millionaire. Yes those subtitles were hilarious! I have way too vivid an imagination! I'm glad MoJo is gone but I really want those snotty girls gone too. I've been a Zora supporter since the first show. I cna't wait until next week. I'm also hooked on the Bachelorette. I can't wait for tonight's episode. I was sad she cut Bob! I hope she gets rid of Russ tonight.

Anyway I better go get ready for work. Talk to you all later.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:52 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Rina - I completely agree! I can't stand Russ - he's sleazy. And I loved Bob. I'm also a Zora supporter from the moment she got caught without a dress that fit and how she handled it so well. Have fun at work.
KT
Old 01-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

I don't want to work!!! I know it is only the beginning of the year but I'm seriously contemplating taking a vacation day next month. Right now I'm working 6 days a week and spend my day off cleaning house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc. I'd love a day to work on "projects" around the house. I've been in my house for 18 months and still haven't painted. I'm just itching to go look at paint colors!

Jess - good for you for getting "back on the horse". Thanks for the update on you and Aaron. CB and I are trying to work through a few things right now and I don't want to quit seeing him but I don't want to be quite as girlfriendy either. Maybe I'll suggest dating again!

JenL - moving offices sucks! I'm currently the move coordinator for 2 moves happening in our company. One for 25 people and the other for 50 people. They are a lot of work.

KT - what are you doing for exercise? I've been in an exercise funk this month so am looking for a few new things to make it exciting again. I have access to a gym for cardio and strength training plus I've got the WATP and Firm videos for at home and I take a yoga class. I was going to try circuit training class but my boss had an "emergency" and I couldn't go today.

Rina - hope your head feels better. I get migraines but I've also had mid-grade headaches that last for days - no fun.

Well, last Saturday was my last WW meeting and I feel so relieved! Getting up and going to meetings every Saturday morning was frustrating me more than I got out of meetings. I bought myself a little notebook that I'm going to use for journaling from this point forward.

Oops - got a 2PM meeting. BBL.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:10 PM   #11  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Me again ... thanks everyone for your kind thoughts!

I'm going to focus on the website I started. I also am TRYING to focus on being more organized in different areas of my life - mentally and physically. Some times it's easy, other times it's not.

My school schedule will keep me busy - I'm taking evening classes Mon - Thurs. My work schedule will keep me busy - they've downsized so I've got a few more responsibilities. Then there's also job #2 - I've vowed to work Saturday nights and no more, unless financially necessary.

I'm so glad to hear from everyone!

Tonya - how is the house??? How are the kids? I'm having trouble keeping w/ Jeremy's homework, and I can't imagine MY homework too ...

Rina - Sorry to hear about the headache. I hope it passes soon.

KT - My son won tix to watch the NY Islanders vs. Montreal for tomorrow night. We're not Islander fans, so I figure we'll go and root for Montreal.
I've been staying up way too late too for myself - I got sucked into watching CSI Miami & CSI one night, and last night it was The Shield. Now I'm pooped.

Jen - hey there momma! You're more than half way through the pregnancy now ... I can't believe it! Is Emma getting excited now that she's sees your body changing?

Good to see you too, Jess! Going to the meeting ... I go every week - I think I need to go more. How's the boy situation?

I'm gonna do some work on my website ... I hope I can remember my passwords ... der!
Old 01-29-2003, 03:39 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Winter - I just started running quite recently, I go to the gym on my lunch and get in 10-20 minutes and some weights. I miss my kick-box classes though so I'm looking for a good tape or DVD to do it at home.
Deb - I like the Habs - mostly because I like saying Habs. But if Messier is still playing with NY, I would root for him (he does very funny potato chip commercials)
I have a meeting this afternoon - I sure hope I don't fall asleep.
KT
Old 01-29-2003, 04:13 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Deb, Emma is so cute when you ask her about the baby. She pulls my shirt up to pat my belly or kiss it. Last week she was talking to the baby through my belly button, like it was a direct link. Way toooo cute. She also has a baby, both a doll and one in her stomach, or so she says.

Lori... Uhhh, DR. advice.... Don't remember this when I was PG with Emma until the very end, but man, I have heartburn/acid reflux. Not horrible, but enough to make food not appetizing and the burning sensation in my throat sucks! I tried Rolaids, didn't do much. HELP. I go to my doctor on Monday and I will ask her too... Also have my glucose test then.... YUCKOOOOO... dreading that big time!

And for all the tired people... I have you beat. Even if I want to stay awake at night, I can't!! And I am so miserable sleeping because of my belly, I am awake a lot at night. Wahhhhhhh... Hubby had to tape my shows last night because I was zonked early!
Closed Thread