South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/195/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Running on "Motivation Fumes" and need to get back on "The Beach"! Help!!

Hi ladies!

I'm looking for some motivation to get be back on the "beach". I did the SBD for the first time in 2004, and lost 30 lbs in 2 months. After that milestone, I moved from MI to LA, and fell off the wagon during the transition. I've tried several times after that, and have never had to same gung-ho determination that I had the first time I did it. I was doing pretty well for about a month, and all of a sudden, lost motivation, and I see myself falling off the wagon once again, and I don't want to gain the weight back.

HELP!!!!
bludiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Hello!

I believe you came to the right place! The ladies here have helped me stay motivated and on track since October. There's something about having all these friends rooting for me and wanting me to be successful that keeps me from straying very far.

Be sure to jump into the daily chat threads and either of the challenge threads that interest you - they'll give you a reason to 'need' to log in every day.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

It's true that posting here is a great motivator. Are you doing Phase 1 again? Sometimes it's hard to drum up motivation, just try taking it one day or hour at a time...clear out the cr*p from your house and fill it with on plan foods you actually like. Maybe spend a little extra $$ on special foods that are on plan.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi bludiamond and

I agree with both Heidi and Mmc that posting here and becoming friends with all these like-minded beachers has been the greatest motivation for me. I post every day no matter how I'm feeling and would highly suggest that. I've found that even when I have an encounter with unplanned food, it's much easier to get back on track when I get back to 3FC immediately. I'm also an advocate of sitting down here first thing in the morning which helps make the rest of the day a priority for eating on plan.

I had lost a substantial amount of weight on my own before I started SBD, but started regaining. I made myself a firm commitment to a clean P1 and 6 months OP. The clean P1 got rid of cravings and the 6 month commitment got me safely through some ups and downs. At 6 months I had the tools to keep going.

Best wishes! Jump in with us on the daily thread. It looks overwhelming at first, but you'll get to know everyone and I think you'll find an incredible base of support.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

and I agree with the great advice already on this thread. I have done SB before as well and this time I went back on a clean PH1 and it made a huge difference in moving forward. Good luck!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, you really lost a lot of weight on SB before. I know you'll do great getting back on the beach!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #7  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

I can't tell you enough how much this site has helped me stay on track! When I think about eating something that's not on plan, I think about my friends here and my accountability and realize it's not worth it. There is so much love and support here, I'd definitely recommend checking in here every day to help keep yourself motivated... I KNOW you can do it!!
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote