Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone else a bit blue?

I feel kind of blah. Anyone else feeling a bit blue? What do you usually do about it?

I'm heading to work out and then think about a nice cup of chamomile tea to relax me but it's still weighing down my mind.

Part of it is coming off TOM, part of it is volunteer work stress, and the biggest part of it is MIL in hospital. I know all this will pass one way or another, and I know I have a lot to be grateful for. It isn't all doom and gloom time here.

But I just feel a bit down and needed to let it out. Sigh.

Thanks!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/242/150

Height: 5'7

I have been sad lately too... but I think it is do to the stress of moving. I hope you feel better soon dear
dannijenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I curl up on the couch with my husband, a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate, and a nice warm blanket, and watch something diverting on TV. On occasion this means I also get a back rub from my sweetie. Then I make sure to get a solid night's sleep, and I usually feel better in the morning.

The blues come and go for me--my mom has pancreatic cancer and there are other stressors in my life. Sometimes I've got my period and other times I've got a cold or something...it's life. It happens. It's OK to be a little sad.

Just remember, about everything in life: "This too shall pass."
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Yup. Transitioning from undergrad to grad student...it just -seems- such a big change. And it is, I don't mean to diminish others going through it, but I kind of feel like I've been a student forever. Fiance is in the HRE at basic, he's hurt his back and doesn't remember how, so his graduation is being delayed until its solved, he's sent home to heal and rejoin a regiment, or he's discharged, so we're dealing with that. My own injuries which have pretty much crippled me for the tail end, (read that as insane, hectic, stressful time) of the semester. We're also trying to plan for each eventuality with Rob's back, which is difficult given he could be stationed someplace that may not have my grad program, moving kids, deciding how to handle it all. It sometimes just seems never ending. I tell him all the time, "Just keep plugging away, minute by minute, hour by hour and before you know it, the day is over", sometimes, I just need to take my own advice.

Handling it? I'd love to go pound pavement, fractured tibia nixes that, so I write, I think Rob gets more letters than anyone else. I stalk his company's fb page, read and reread the company journal. Tell him silly things the kids have done.

Last edited by Angihas2; 04-14-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, its exam time, I'm flat broke, in a weird spot with the bf and I got an email from my roommate telling me she needs to move out this summer. So now on top of everything I need to find a new roommate. It doesn't help that i have exams right up until the 29th, then start spring session on May 1st (yes a saturday.) Go right until June 30th and start summer session on Aug 5th. I'm not seeing an end in sight. I need a break!

I stressed and tired and just want to curl up and cry, for no other reason that it would be some sort of release. I've felt like this since friday night and it's not getting better.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Absolutely. I just got done with my Spring break, and while i enjoyed it, I feel like I left my brain back at my parent's house. Now, I'm suddenly aware of how much I have left to do this semester and I'm just...bogged down.

I'm happy eating healthier, I just wish someone else would do the cooking for me!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #7  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Weird, I've been pretty blue too for the last few days. I can't even pinpoint why.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Wow! I didn't realize so many of us were going through a blue patch right now!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

for everybody.
JessicaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #10  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have got exams coming up too, and I have been sick. So I feel kind of blah and blue too. I hope things get better for everyone. I find relaxing a little bit by laying down in my bed with no noise, and not really sleeping helps me feel better.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, but mine's situational, and my husband calls me his little light switch. I can literally turn it off when I want to. Right now I'm wallowing in self-pity because I just found out I have high cholesterol.

This is a great time of year for getting in some mood boosting rays. And I just learned today that the fish pills I'm going to start taking for my cholesterol are also mood boosters.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #12  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I'm definitely prone to depression and these past few weeks haven't been great for me either. I'm sorry to hear you have been down .
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #13  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Go for a walk! That always helps me!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yes, a little bit. For at least two reasons:

1) Seasonal: The weather's finally gorgeous, and yet that has not magically fixed everything.

2) Situational: I need another new project, aside from exercising & working on my health. That's getting sort of routine. I feel stale. I can tell by my lunch hour conversation with my coworkers. I need more to talk about, which means my life could use a little more color & diversion.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #15  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Today it's my turn to feel down. I feel like all my work to be super-careful with food and get lots of exercise and lots of sleep is getting me nowhere--and I am working really, really hard. And, I am also working really hard taking care of OTHER people (husband, kids, mom). I just want to see some freakin' results for MYSELF.

But my husband just OKed me ordering a pair of black boots that I really want. So that will cheer me up a little. And if (when?) I do manage to actually lose some more weight, at least the boots will still fit.

Looking forward to pleasures such as riding my bike to work tomorrow, going thrift shopping this weekend, a coffee date with a friend, the possibility of a skating and movie date with my husband, and other things like that--that helps me out, at present. I can get through all the "to do"s and head into a fun weekend and feel better.

I most hate feeling down when it's accompanied by a miserable side order of self-pity. Self-pity makes me angry at myself.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote