Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Twosieland ... finally!

Well, I cried tears of JOY -- when I decided to brave my scale this morning ... I hadn't been weighed since last winter sometime when the nurse at my doctor's office insulted me whilst getting weighed. I just didn't want to be disappointed again and was even wondering if I would ever see that scale get under 300 lbs!

So over the winter, I have lost some poundage and lots of inches -- I can't go by what the doctor's scale said as the nurse wouldn't even let me take off my boots or big winter coat, etc. I know I was over 310+ lbs and this morning I weighed 298 for the first time in 18+ years!

I know that may still seem like a lot to many of you, but I started out this journey at 380+ lbs; and this has been a long struggle for me with so many physical challenges to battle along the way. Those of you who know me, know all about it. To ignore all the pain and to just keep on, keepin' on no matter what. I just kept tweaking my food and exercise plan and finally even increased my food and daily exercise until I found what worked for me, and the result ... continued weightloss!

First, I want to THANK the LORD, my GOD for directing me to this site ... I am so grateful for all the help and encouragement I have received from so many special people here at 3FC's. I want to thank all my friends on the DIETING WITH OBSTACLES thread, and CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS thread, DIABETES forum daily chat, and of course our CANADIAN friends for their help, plus many others like ROCKINROBIN, GLORY, MANNDELIN (Amanda), ONEDERCHIC, FRESNOKID (Steven Aares; RIP), PURPLEORC, RONNI, VALPAL23, EZMONEY, WILMA, BOOTSIE, AUNTSUE, KAREN31, STELLA, MEOWEE (RIP), RUTH, FATMAD, HEATHER, LILLIAN, JELLYBEAN, and so many more that I can't think of right now, but you know who you are ...

Some have come and gone, but I still remember you all! I don't mean to leave anyone out, as I have gleamed so much help from the info you all have shared while coming on this site. I have continued to read books and just finished another great one I must mention -- "8 MINUTES IN THE MORNING" by JORGE CRUISE which is helping me a lot.

I do 30-40 minutes of toning exercises upon waking Monday-Saturday (started this last winter) plus now 8 minutes of weight-training by Jorge Cruise. I have always been on the Portion/Calorie plan since I started -- tweaking it and I just love Jorge's box cards for this same plan. It is the EZiest way to do that plan I have ever found. I was doing this on my PC or in a notebook before using his book.

I was blessed to get it through a bookclub for only $2.00 on a special deal becuz of a printing flaw! Haha! I also love the book called "FOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH" that helped me realize that I needed to add back in HEALTHY FATS to my daily eating plan to ward off cravings (thanks, MOM; RIP).

BTW, JORGE's motto is also ... EAT FAT TO GET FIT!

Anyways, I just wanted to share this huge milestone; it was a big goal of mine to reach the 200's -- and now the next big one will be to reach Onederland sometime down the road, but I have many mini-goals to work on before that (more inches, lower sizes, @ 10 lbs at a time).

So, if you get stuck or stall, or hit a long plateau, just keep going no matter how long it takes; after all, our main goal is to BE HEALTHY for the rest of our lives, right? If we keep eating and living in healthier way, eventually something has to change for the better. I think our body needs TIME TO HEAL and correct itself; and we need time to heal hurts and learn not to use food for comfort. I needed some time to find other ways to deal with my emotions.

Keep looking and keep trying new things until you find what works for you and your body and your lifestyle! Perseverance is really so very important on this journey -- thanks again ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

I am so happy for you making this milestone! You've worked hard and I am thrilled that you had this joy today!
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thanks, Susie -- pretty soon you'll be in Onederland yourself; you'll make it!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #4  

Congrats! Keep up the great work!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #5  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thats great! Congrats! great job
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/121/118

Height: 5'2

keep up the great job!
getlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #7  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

That is so great to hear! Congrats on what you have achieved so far and good luck with the rest of your journey!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/293/125

Height: 5'5"

Bravo! Great job!
Hopefully soon I can join you there. I've been trying to get down to 298 again for almost a year. Somehow I always self-sabotage along the way.
You can be part of my 'below 300' inspiration!
Keep up the good work (and maybe give that evil nurse a good 'accidental' elbow to the ribs... )
christinesefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! Great job!!!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/159/140

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

You amaze me. Keep up the great work.
scribble is offline   Reply With Quote