Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #1  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Angry really? why?

So I get to the gym all ready, started off with "look ma no hands...." Did AWESOME on the treadmill. Wasn't even exhausted after 30 when I got on the elliptical and thought....WOW I am going to rock on this today! I made it 25 but barely. I did however have to really kick it up to get my heart rate up so my feet were killing me, but I DID kick it up!

So I am I so upset? I get home, instead on hitting the shower first (normal routine).... did I reach for another bottle of water because I truly was seriously thirsty today? ..... NO, I eat my healthy wrap I had planned, then, since that was so good, I have another wrap with just cheese, and then,,,, since that was so good, and I wanted something sweet, I chased it down with a PBJ sandwich. Yeah, you may have to pick your chins off the floor.

I can blame it on the fact that I was totally too hungry, out of routine, or from the stress of testing week at a middle school (and I teach math!) ARGH! but blame won't do any good, I just can't figure out what is wrong with me!!!
Watched biggest loser and several things hit home AGAIN. But one thing is I NEED to start meticulously calorie counting and logging. I just haven't found a way that works for me yet. But tomorrow, even with more testing, I will write down and record every bite. Then I will worry about the next day, but not before.
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #2  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Aww.. i know how you feel.. last night i was starving.. i couldnt believe i let myself get to that point its like my brain turns off.. and i made chicken fingers and fries.. and because i hadnt eatin junk like that in over a month.. 5 or 6 min later my tummyy made this awful... awful nosie then i got sick all over my self.. infront of my bf... i was mortified!!! then got sick a bunch more.. then felt better.... i couldnt believe that, that happened... WTF lol
BUt dont beat your self up to much.. just move on from that figure out why and what made it happen.. then just keep on going on your plan good luck!!
and know it happens to alllll of us.!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #3  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Wow, sure did whine, didn't I.

I didn't get sick (wow, what did you put in that chicken!), but lost all the energy i usually get from exercise, didn't want to leave the couch last night. I am not going back to that!

I have some theories as to why, but more important.... now what.... so plan for today:
1. eat high fiber breakfast
2. count every calorie
3. take all my vitamins (haven't taken then in a few days)
4. back a healthy snack for between school and gym
5. gym
6. mow lawn when I get home (before what looks to be a week of rain)
7. live today (not about yesterday or tomorrow)
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's good to try and figure out 'why'.

I've been working on leaning ways to walk away from desires and cravings. First are my "Five D's"

Distance - yourself from the food you are craving.
Deep Breaths - this can really help
Distractions - come to 3fc, call a friend, take a walk, etc
Drink water - a couple of glasses are a distraction and fill the tummy right away
Destroy - I can't tell you how many things I've wanted to eat get covered in liquid dish soap and then in the trash.

Take care! It takes time to learn and unlearn years of unhealthy food habits. You CAN do it. Be glad it's OVER and you can move forward.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-14-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I do this sometimes. You seem to be doing okay about it though - don't let one mistake throw you off. As far as calorie counting goes, I do this all the time and it helps me so much. I use a website called Food Focus and I just input everything and let it do the hard work! The important thing is, no matter what happens, never allow yourself to go over. I have an exercise bike at home and if I end up with more calories than I am allowed, I go on it until I've burned them off. No excuses. But then there's no guilt. No regrets. Just a bit of hard work and then you're back to 0 again. And if you work for a treat then you've earned it. Or maybe you feel like it's not worth the effort. Either way, it saves worrying or feeling bad, and it's worked for me over the five months I've been dieting.
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It sounds like you really have the exercise under control and I commend you efforts to continuously kick it up a notch! You've got that aspect down pat.

Now you need to focus on the diet because that is so important to weight loss. Maybe pre-plan a few more calories than you allowed yourself and also pre-plan something to do as soon as you eat that last bite. Maybe as you're chewing that last bite, remove yourself from the kitchen and go do something else. OR tell yourself you can have that second wrap but not for another half hour. In another half hour I bet you wouldn't feel that need for it anymore.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #7  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I think there are times we all have done this and have to just get back at it and try to keep it from happening again. maybe having a small snack either before or after that is healthy and filling that will help to avoid this.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote