South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whoops! It's Wednesday chat.

Just started a Tuesday thread. Being away Monday morning really screwed me up....although it doesn't take much these days.

Another sunny spring day is scheduled for today and then rain moves in. Our Maple Syrup Festival is this weekend so we're hoping it's over with by Saturday morning. Aside from sausage, pancakes and maple syrup, there are yard sales, displays, tours and other things in the Village and rain can really dampen the spirit.

This morning, I'm off to the gym for 7:30 and then to the greenhouse to get my porch planters filled. They'll stay there at the "plant spa" until mid-May when they come back home. By then my new porch furniture will arrive and I'll be set for a summer of relaxation. We do pet therapy until 2 today but, after that, it'll be garden time. I'm slowly planting up things for the May garden sales and dabbling away at cleaning up my herb bed.

So there's my day. I'm glad I did lots of food preparation last week so I can grab something from the freezer and whip up a salad for meals because time is tight this week.

How humpy is your Hump Day? Can you sit and sip for a while?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth! Can I pour you a large cup of coffee?
Speaking of coffee, I need more. Can't type yet I'll be back!

Okay, getting caffeinated now. No excitement planned today but I might add a late afternoon visit. I had one yesterday and one tomorrow. It's a nice way to end the day.

I'm with you on the weekend weather Ruth. DW is participating in an art show at PI and I get to bird all day. That's not as much fun when it's cold and rainy. It will give me a chance to wear my new rain boots though They came yesterday and they are so cute (sorry Jenn!).

Time to check the newspapers and see if there's anything I need to know (all online, of course). Have a good hump day Chicks

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-14-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth
Your Maple Syrup Festival sounds like fun. Are you planning to hit any of the yard sales?

Hi Cyndi
I'm sure your new boots are awesome, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rain will hold off til you're through with your birding on Saturday. lol

I guess I'm the only one hoping for rain this weekend. We've got brush to move this weekend but I'd rather sleep in on Saturday.

I'll be out of my classroom today, I'm going to be trained to use the new Tandberg Video Conferencing Equipment the school recently purchased. I'm excited and also a little bit nervous. I need to teach the rest of the staff how to use the equipment after vacation. My 'favorite' substitute is covering my classroom today, so instead of worrying about what's going on there I'm going to relax and enjoy spending the day with grown ups.

Good morning to those to come! Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have a fresh pot of coffee here. Refills, anyone?

I'm hoping for a sunny weekend, too, as I'll have Amber and Tyler all day Saturday, and I don't want to be stuck inside the house all day. I'd love to come up for your festival, Ruth, or join you for some birding, Cyndi. They both sound like lovely ways to spend the weekend.

Heidi, your day sounds interesting, and at least you won't have to be concerned about how things are going in your classroom. I hope you enjoy the lesson!

Now that it's getting light out, I can see the ground is white with frost. I'm going to go check on the garden before I leave, as we didn't put the cover down over the raised bed last night. I think everything should be OK, though.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I need a big cup too! I'm dragging this morning (had some wine last night). Did more work on my photos...the process seems endless but I know I'm getting there. Supposed to have a meeting today with my boss, but we'll see - she obviously KNOWS I want the meeting (to find out exactly what she is doing with my job), so she's avoiding having it. I heard some rumors there might be big changes coming at my school. I should know more later this week - from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like the changes will be bad.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone...I just popping in for quick Hello! I overslept just a little this morning! I'll try and check back in this afternoon! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning

Ruth - Pet therapy seems really interesting. I always thought pets had therapeutic qualities

Cyndi - new rain boots, i bet they're cute. I was looking at a pair the other day but I really would't wear them enough to make them worthwhile

Heidi, it's nice to know your little ones are with someone qualified. I came back earlier this year when a sub was there and cried. They had ruined audio tapes, written on the whole room with permanent marker, pulled apart books, and the adult in there, let them. Can you believe it?

Cottage, frost in the morning makes me sad, then i can't wear sandals for sure

Mmckellen - love the new pic, you look great

hi litar

Been MIA for a while. This is the second week back from my cruise and I miss being on a boat with my boyfriend. I get to see him in 2 and a half weeks again at my cousin's bat mitzvah, but that seems like a really long time right now. I've been taking care of a friend who broke up with her bf and is crushed. I feel bad for her but she will be ok

Have a great hump day everyone!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. Your festival sounds like fun...I wish I were closer. Now a summer of "relaxing" on the porch...that sounds great. Have fun dabbling in the garden.

Cyndi,

Heidi, have fun today-you are so techno...I've been contemplating sending my pedometer watch to you to set for me.

Linda, I hope your raised bed is OK.

Mmc, Good luck with your meeting today.

Lisar,

Lauren, I've missed you...glad to hear your cruise was great.

Me, slept late again and I need to get going. I am hoping to ride my bike to a 7am exercise class. I haven't been outside yet..where's Bing? We stayed up late last night to watch Kirk's cousins getting rescued on "Deadliest Catch". Thank goodness for happy endings.

Have a great day everyone! I'm out to check the weather.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone!
Just popping in to say Hi before I go register for classes-- the only reason I'm up this early. Then back to bed.

Adios!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks. I am working out with my mom this morning. Then hope to spend some time checking out million dollar houses with my friend on the spring homes tour. Just for fun, not because we have plans to move. Tonight my mom and I are seeing A Chorus Line, one of my favorite musicals. Not sure why something that old is traveling nationally but we have to take what we can get in Kansas City. DH is still slowly working on taxes. I am just ignoring the whole thing so it doesn't stress me out. More than once we had to find the Post Office branch open until midnight on the 15th. Sigh.

Have a great Wednesday all
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen - I printed out my taxes last night!! I guess I was in denial.....

Good morning all! I had a great weekend away, although sitting in a classroom for 7 hours a day isn't a complete getaway. I got to see my former roommate, a colleague I worked with down state, and Matt. Matt is as skinny as ever!!

Wow, I didn't overeat this weekend, but I certainly ate some bad food. I'm always amazed....I ate no grains yesterday, and dropped two pounds. It shows how much water weight I gain when I eat thngs off plan. I did get three runs in, which made me very happy and not quite as guilty.

THis week is lots of work, lots of kids stuff, and hopefully a few runs. And, my Invisible Fence finally goes in Friday. WOOT WOOT!! I'm trying to get back on track eating wise, and am getting lots of veggies in.

Have a great one!

Okie - glad to see you again!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hi.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks,

I am in a bad, bad eating place right now. past 2 days. Need not fall back into bad habits and learn, progress. But it's been a rough two days. I hate falling back into bad habits. Grrr. Personal life and frustration at home, super business at work and then school is sending me in a tizzy. Looks like Ph2 for the rest of the week (and pray I can control myself) and then Ph1 strictly for a week once class ends and I have time to cook.

My class ends on Sunday and I promise to be more active (in life and on here) with you all once my paper is submitted.

Hope you are all well.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #14  

Hello everyone.. thought I would just go ahead and jump into your daily chat. Hope that is okay.

I am new here and have a newbie thread started with my Day 1 (yesterday).

I live in Ontario Canada and am working on getting my body and life into shape before I turn the dreaded 40 this year.. YIKES!

Thanks for having a place I can come for support!

Lori
Old 04-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #15  

Good morning new friends..Im in Atlanta and thought i would say hello. Im on day 5 of what I hope is a lifestyle change because I want to shop in normal stores!! Ha!

Sittinig here watching Handy Manny and hoping to hit the park in a little while with sweet girl!
Closed Thread