General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'8"

Default OT~ Men are so stupid...

I have come to the point that I just don't understand it any more.... how can they be so freakin dense?! It just drives me insane.... The men in my life are so out of it they dont realize how they affect me at all... I don't know how much more of this crap I can take... Who needs men anyways... ugh had to rant on this one or I might just go completely crazy...
Kindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #2  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Ranting is awesome isn't it?!

Boys suck. But girls and catty. Haha.
You just cant win.

Is it a special man or just friends?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'8"

well they are mainly friends... some of em are just random people and one is my ex.. so all in all they all just suck... lol and yes girls are catty so who knows... i give up...
Kindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Lol......yes they do.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/134/130

Whoa there . I'm a man and my beautiful wife - married for 21 years now I'm proud to say - thinks I'm great still . Read my story on this forum in the Introductions section if you wish.

But I can see where you might be frustrated - a lot of men really don't think that certain issues such as weight control and health are to be taken too seriously. Don't let it get to you too much, just smile and keep doing what you like. When I started my personal fitness program I had some naysayers and I just flat out ignored 'em . I still do.....

- D
IDontKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnow View Post
Whoa there . I'm a man and my beautiful wife - married for 21 years now I'm proud to say - thinks I'm great still .
Congrats on 21 years!

Kindra- guys only suck until you find that one! I was in the same mindset a few years ago before I met my DH and I got blown away because he was so fantastic. But, here's the thing...you kind of have to be willing to accept that maybe not all guys suck before you meet one that doesn't. It's like thinking that most guys are scum attracts scum!

Keep your head up, girl! You'll find one that's worth it
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think guys only suck when you expect them to think like women.

Don't get me wrong, there are jerks and buttholes in both genders, but I like most men and I like most women too, and usually I understand how both tend to think.

Men and women do tend to think differently (and it's all on a spectrum. You'll find exceptions and degree of difference in both genders as well). I always sided with "the guy" in most of my friends relationships, so I always thought I was more of a male-brained person. It was only after I married that I learned that I think a lot more like a girl than I ever thought I did (or at least did when I was single).

I still think that women (including myself) often set ourselves up for the worst. If you ask a guy "does this outfit make me look fat," you deserve whatever crap comes out of his mouth.

My husband is always saying "if you need me to say or do something to be supportive, could you please tell me what it is, because I'm obviously not very good at guessing."

Actually, the truth is he's much better at guessing than I should expect anyone to be, so I'm really lucky on that front. Although I do tend to forget that when I'm hormonal (I have PMS and PMDD issues, I essentially lose my mind and ability to translate malespeak into femalespeak once a month).

If you find yourself thinking "I shouldn't have to tell him what's wrong, he should know," you're probably dealing with "translation" issues.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-13-2010 at 05:37 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post

My husband is always saying "if you need me to say or do something to be supportive, could you please tell me what it is, because I'm obviously not very good at guessing."

If you find yourself thinking "I shouldn't have to tell him what's wrong, he should know," you're probably dealing with "translation" issues.
I have to give this a huge ditto...my husband had to 'learn' what I needed him to say sometimes in certain situations- they don't always just know. And the person you will want to be with forever? He will be the kind of person who wants to take care of you and know what you just need to hear sometimes. It took a couple of tearful convos early on in our relationship before he learned that NO he could not agree with me that my new haircut makes me look like I am my mom from the 80's....lol.

You WILL find the absolute best guy, and will wonder how the heck he wasn't already taken Because, the guy you think is awesome and makes up for all the guys that really do suck, will probably be the guy that sticks around, and you *want* him to stick around.
kemica is offline   Reply With Quote