Recipes Your favorite healthy recipes

Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Oatmeal pancakes :)

This was a random idea that popped into my head, but I'm sure it's been done before.

I was nuking my oatmeal and let it over cook a bit on accident so it was waaay too thick. I was considering tossing it out and starting over, but decided to throw it in a frying pan just to see what happened. So I made little patties and fried them for a few minutes on each side. They were surprisingly yummy, crispy and browned on the outside and dense and gooey on the inside. I might play with the recipe a bit, maybe an egg white and applesauce or something. But, I liked it just the way it was, really. A fun little twist on oatmeal.

Here's what I did:

- 1 cup instant oats
- about 1.5 cups water
- Splenda brown sugar and cinnamon to taste

Nuke that until it has a thick consistancy. Not runny at all. Then heat a nonstick frying pan to medium, spray it with no-calorie no-stick spray. Make little pancake patties and throw them on. Let them sizzle for awhile, and flip them. I cooked each side for 3-4 minutes, I wanted them crispy. Then I took them out of the pan, drizzled them very lightly in honey and put them in the oven on warm until they were all cooked. I traced a tiiiiny bit of I can't believe it's not butter on the top just to give them a glazed finish.

It was yummy, I loved the texture.

1 cup oats = 300cal, then just add the calories of anything you add to it. Makes a pretty big batch, full plate of "pancakes."
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Ooooh! This sounds yummy! I so might try this dealio later! I love oatmeal.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had them fried, but I've certainly had them baked.

They're called oat cakes. Here's one recipe for them:

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...s?opendocument
saef is offline   Reply With Quote